PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Save Unlocker Released

jkipp82
02-08-2011, 01:04 AM
http://psgroove.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=774&d=1297112962

Here's an app that slipped under the radar, called PS3 Save Unlocker, created by ColdReader. The app solves a problem that many of us have experienced; the ability to use another person's save game files. This app solves it, by generating a new PARAM.SFO for your save game. The app isn't perfect yet and may not work for all games. The author has tested it on Raging Blast 2, with excellent results.

Read more: PSGroove.com - PS3 Save Unlocker Released http://psgroove.com/content.php?743-PS3-Save-Unlocker-Released#ixzz1DJxl1hHl

CloudStrife7x
02-08-2011, 02:29 AM
nice upload jkipp82

jkipp82
02-08-2011, 04:38 AM
keep an eye on this one as alot of games dont work with it though. its kind of the very first resigner for ps3. so its gonna have alot of bugs so bookmark the website.

Magnus Hydra
02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
to bad it doesn't decrypt the save :(

TLOR FETT
02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey can anyone direct me to an easy idiots guide to doing homebrew for the PS3 I wanna jailbreak my best friend's sisters?

jkipp82
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
so basically this is just a resigner not a rehasher then?

Magnus Hydra
02-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey can anyone direct me to an easy idiots guide to doing homebrew for the PS3 I wanna jailbreak my best friend's sisters?
First you need 3.55 firmware then you need to download Kmeaw's 3.55 CFW (custome firmware) After that you will need to download MultiMAN, Rogero Manager or Gaia Manager. The Blackb0x FTP Server v1.2 and some other stuff. The main this is the CFW after u update to thte CFW you can do anything. Well to a point.

so basically this is just a resigner not a rehasher then?
It re signs the account ID in the PARAM.SFO doesn't mess with the game saves other data.

Renegade
02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah i've been able to do this for a while, Problem is, Doesn't interest me, I have my eyes on the bigger stuff such as save editing, However...the damn encryption :(

JizzaBeez
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I had a look at the Source code for this, lol....The tool I made actually handles the file lol; I parse the entire file and then grab whatever values and I want and then you can also edit any value/parameter. The structure uses a type of "List" to store parameter variables. Also I have noticed that in some saves the ACCOUNT_ID isn't always present... And when it is present, in the PARAMS block/array the ACCOUNT_ID will also be there and right above it is what looks to be some kind of hash which is the same length as the ACCOUNT_ID... So there may be security on some PARAM.SFO files.

jkipp82
02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
from my understand ps3 saves are pretty easy to read compared to 360 games. but its that damn security that gets in the way of anything sticking. i would love white knight chronicles edited lol.

JizzaBeez
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
from my understand ps3 saves are pretty easy to read compared to 360 games. but its that damn security that gets in the way of anything sticking. i would love white knight chronicles edited lol.

From what I've seen - the actual save-data files are encrypted. But now that people have access to the memory then they should be able to get the Keys... Wii's gamesaves are encrypted as well, but people found how to get the keys from it.

Renegade
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Form what I've seen - the actual save-data files are encrypted. But now that people have access to the memory then they should be able to get the Keys... Wii's gamesaves are encrypted as well, but people found how to get the keys from it.I remember with the PSP, a plugin was required to decrypt the saves, Possibly the same?

shinwg
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
if ps3 save is all most psp r the wii can someone make a cheat device like cwcheat or that thing wii use
and can ps3 save b hex?

jkipp82
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
cfw has to get in place and where its much more stable like the wiis cfw. until then dont expect cwcheat anytime soon.

i4n1819
09-25-2011, 09:41 AM
not working on White Knight Chronicles 1/2. :'(