PDA

View Full Version : [TUTORIAL] Kindoms of Amalur Character Name Change

Folly
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok for anyone that wanted to change character names heres a quick tut.

Start by making a back up of your save, then open your save in your favorite rehash/resigner. Modio, Horizon..etc.

Extract the savefile.bin from your save and open it in a hex editor.

Do a search for your characters name, once you've found it (should be easy as there should only be 1 occurrence), type in your new characters name in the text pane (column on the right) overwriting the old one. If your characters new name is shorter delete the extra letters.

IMPORTANT If your characters name is larger then the old one, when you get to the end of overwriting your characters name you must press insert on your keyboard before you finish the rest of your new name.

After you've changed it you will see a hex value in front of your characters name an 06 or how ever many bytes your characters name had. Then count how many letters is in your new characters name, then convert that number to hex, and replace the old hex with the new one. If your characters name was larger don't forget to press insert again or you wont overwrite it.

Save your work, then go and replace the original savefile.bin in your save with the modded one.

Rehash/resign and your good to go

I hope that was easy enough to follow

XajNyne
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks dude! Just what I was looking for.

FibonKylix
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks :) I'll be able to change the name on of my saves now ;)

drscott11
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Now can you do the same for race & sex?

Noctis Caelum
02-25-2012, 03:32 AM
pretty good share

CloudStrife7x
02-25-2012, 03:37 AM
nice tutorial shared Folly :)

XajNyne
02-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Now can you do the same for race & sex?