PDA

View Full Version : Live-action Rurouni Kenshin Trailer

aznghostbuster
03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
So am I the only one that's hyped for this movie? Too bad I gotta wait until August 25th for it to be released in theaters in Japan...

XajNyne
03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
I can't say I've heard of that movie or game. It must not have come out here in Australia lol!

Crimi Martin
03-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I can't say I've heard of that movie or game. It must not have come out here in Australia lol!

RuroKen was an awesome manga/anime series with a wandering hitokiri [Samurai Assassin] repenting of his past killings. In some countries, the series is titled "Samurai X".
The anime series is supposed to be getting a two part remake of one of the Arcs soon. It's quite great, and has lots of Western comic influences as well.
As to the games part, you may have seen the main character in the Jump All-Star games, I have 2 PS1 and PSP RuroKen games though. They were decent.

If you can find the DVD Bento boxes, you should buy them. RuroKen is real close to Saint Seiya/Dragon Ball/Ronin Warriors/Go Lion in awesomeness.

Bow2DKing
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I can tell you that this is my top number 1 anime all time. The story is amazing the manga even better...so you don't have to guess how pum I am for this movie. I can't wait to see sayto from the shisengumi fighting kenshin on this movie I hope it happen.

Paprika
03-13-2012, 12:59 PM

No we got RuroKen anime and Manga (None of the games though). I'm more interested however in the Kyoto arc being redone (one part is a movie which I think I heard has already been released), maybe if that turns out successful, we may finally get Einshi Arc which we never got:)

CloudStrife7x
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
RuroKen was an awesome manga/anime series with a wandering hitokiri [Samurai Assassin] repenting of his past killings. In some countries, the series is titled "Samurai X".
The anime series is supposed to be getting a two part remake of one of the Arcs soon. It's quite great, and has lots of Western comic influences as well.
As to the games part, you may have seen the main character in the Jump All-Star games, I have 2 PS1 and PSP RuroKen games though. They were decent.

If you can find the DVD Bento boxes, you should buy them. RuroKen is real close to Saint Seiya/Dragon Ball/Ronin Warriors/Go Lion in awesomeness.

hell yeah the anime was awesome i loved it, i didnt know they were making a live action lol

hello_hello
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I like the anime. Hope this will turn out great :)

aznghostbuster
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Based on what I saw on the trailer, Saito and Kenshin do go at it, as well as Takeda Kanryu (the snobby rich motherfucker in the anime),Kurogasa,and some other antagonists. The action seems well done, since I guess Warner Bros produced it. (Don't quote me on this, since I could be wrong)

aznghostbuster
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
When I saw the trailer for this, it seriously gave me goosebumps. And a boner lol

Vincent Valentine
03-14-2012, 10:19 AM
what exactly is this movie/game about? iv never herd of it so im really lost haha

Emerald Lance
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the anime (I got bored of Kenshin always just happening to pop up exactly when he was needed to save the day), and I really didn't start liking it until about half-way through (when he stopped popping up every time he was needed to save the day). Of course, I'm familiar enough with the characters and story; I saw the trailer and I think it looks pretty good. One thing about the Japanese: they don't do that "creative liberty" crap that the western film-makers always mess with when making a live-action adaptation of an animated series, the Japanese seem to stick extremely close to the source material, and that alone is enough to make me want to see this movie.

aznghostbuster
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
what exactly is this movie/game about? iv never herd of it so im really lost haha

I'm the worst when it comes to explaining things lol so your best source of info would be wikipedia. Hope this helps!

aznghostbuster
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the anime (I got bored of Kenshin always just happening to pop up exactly when he was needed to save the day), and I really didn't start liking it until about half-way through (when he stopped popping up every time he was needed to save the day). Of course, I'm familiar enough with the characters and story; I saw the trailer and I think it looks pretty good. One thing about the Japanese: they don't do that "creative liberty" crap that the western film-makers always mess with when making a live-action adaptation of an animated series, the Japanese seem to stick extremely close to the source material, and that alone is enough to make me want to see this movie.

Exactly lol I mean why fix something that isn't broken?

Paprika
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM

Yeah at first it is a bit iffy, enjoyable but kinda annoying how he always arrives in the nick of time. But when the Shishio arc comes it completely changes same with the einshi arc (Which is absolutley amazing) though that does have 'nick of time' moment but in actually epic proportions