PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim console command to finish quests

SilentJoe
04-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Hey,

I want to know which console command line (please try use an example) is used to complete quests. I'm going to give my commands to someone (anyone) to run so my save file (XBOX 360) is modded with completed quests, but not sure how to go about it. Also, will doing this ensure that the NPC's in the game recognize you have completed a quest?

Which Example is it? OR is it none of these Examples?

Example 1
SetObjectiveCompleted <quest ID> <stage #> <1 to set, 0 to unset)
SetObjectiveCompleted MQ101 30 1
This is the First stage of the quest, does this code mean I completed it and if I run the game I am automatically in the second stage?
Or do I have to put this after it so get into the second stage of the quest?:
setStage MQ101 50

Example 2
setstage <quest ID> <stage #>
setStage MQ101 30
setStage MQ101 50
Does this complete Stage 1 and 2 of the Unbound Quest line or does it just complete the first stage and I am put in the second stage of the quest?
Quest ID's
Main Quest Line
MQ101 = "Unbound"
Stage ID: 30 = "(Objective is assigned): Make our way to the Keep"
Stage ID: 50 = "(Objective is assigned): Enter the Keep with Hadvar or Ralof"

Also, Another question: If those codes are used to finish an entire quest line, do the "prize/reward" item(s) get stored in my inventory, or if I wanted them, I would have to also manually use the code for those specific items?

Thank you very much for any provided answers!

Yayanotherlogin
05-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm far from an expert, mostly just going off my own experience as a Pay-In beta tester (aka, anyone who buys the games before the 3rd or 4th patch) with Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. That said, in my experience, going step by step as in example 2 usually won't break too much, but sometime does not trigger NPC dialogue paths, reactions, etc. For example, I used similar commands to complete the random SPAM Thieves Guild missions, but had much better luck initiating the quest by speaking to Vex or Devlin (SP?), using the console to complete the intermediate stages, and then speaking to them again to complete that quest.

Sadly, as far as I know, you really would need an very good understanding of a particular quest, its affected NPC, scripts, story branches, rewards, etc, to truly close it safely from scratch with the console. The more complex the quest, the truer that likely is. At least at a casual level of understanding, these commands are useful tools for fixing a bug, but not an easy path to skipping tedious quests with one nice big batch file.

Good luck with your research, and by all means PM me if you ever nail down what you're shooting for, here. :-)

SilentJoe
05-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm far from an expert, mostly just going off my own experience as a Pay-In beta tester (aka, anyone who buys the games before the 3rd or 4th patch) with Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. That said, in my experience, going step by step as in example 2 usually won't break too much, but sometime does not trigger NPC dialogue paths, reactions, etc. For example, I used similar commands to complete the random SPAM Thieves Guild missions, but had much better luck initiating the quest by speaking to Vex or Devlin (SP?), using the console to complete the intermediate stages, and then speaking to them again to complete that quest.

Sadly, as far as I know, you really would need an very good understanding of a particular quest, its affected NPC, scripts, story branches, rewards, etc, to truly close it safely from scratch with the console. The more complex the quest, the truer that likely is. At least at a casual level of understanding, these commands are useful tools for fixing a bug, but not an easy path to skipping tedious quests with one nice big batch file.

Good luck with your research, and by all means PM me if you ever nail down what you're shooting for, here. :-)

Yeah true, I mean I was going to use the Skyrim Wiki. It has the actual quest, and each individual stage ID. With the options you can pick from if they so happen to appear (e.g. picking from a selection of Stage ID's that will complete the quest line). I was going to complete the quests for the Companions, Winter hold College and the Main quest line only using the commands. But now that I think about it, to be safe, I might just try and get the Main quest finished using the commands, see if anyone is willing to mod a save in such a way.

I know in the Main quest once finished you pretty much get:
- Clear Skies Shout
- FUS ROH DAH shout
- Whirlwind sprint
- Dragon Call
- Dragon Rend

Knowing this (and using the wiki if I have forgotten anything else), I can use the console commands to also receive those particular shouts/abilities/items manually. So it mimics a completion if I did the full run through manually. I'm sure that wouldn't incur any future problems. Seeing as though I will follow the wiki's information. What do you think ? Having this knowledge would doing this ensure that the NPC will recognize the quests completion?

That's my main concern, will the NPC recognize this quest completed if I input each command individually one after another.