PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid HD Collection MGS2 'Great Dane' Achievement (EU)

lickmybatwing
08-23-2012, 03:04 AM
After three grueling days of playing through the game on every difficulty, I can finally provide a European save for Great Dane; the greatest achievement since Mile High Club, in my opinion.

Download Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/610676750/BLES01419_MGS2000G015

This save is at the choke scene directly after the fight against 20 Metal Gear Ray units that I almost broke my controller going through with no damage (Yes, the continues you see at the end are all me purposely restarting/killing myself to ensure every boss fight was done with no damage. With the only exception being a hit I sustained during the second room of Arsenal Tengus.)

I made a save for the choke scene instead of directly at Solidus so people can't complain about the amount of health they have for the fight with him

"OMG UR A FEG U MESSD UP DAH CHOAK SCENE."

And if you wish to complain to me about beating Solidus, this is the final part of the game; you can't save during the battle and he'll have the saved amount of health, if I put in TEN hours of ensuring I don't sustain damage from boss battles (defeated Vamp with no damage using the hanging exploit) and to ensure I looted every guard for bandages, you can put in the fifteen minutes it took me to do Solidus with no damage.

General tips for him;
Hold block religiously, when the fight begins, run up to him and slash twice then hold block, he will then kick, you will block it allowing you to hit him three times, repeat the slash, block kick, hit three times another two times and he will begin to fire his Snake Missiles, cartwheel over the side of the building which is opposite of where he's aiming, then flip up and repeat the earlier steps, at times he will lunge his tentacle at you when you flip up, so be ready for holding block. If his swords glow blue and he raises them above his head, dive out of the way as you can NOT block this attack. When he's whittled down to this much | | health, he will ditch his Snake arms, then it's simply a case of dodging his flame lunges (ridiculously easy) and hitting him, he will kick, be sure to block, and repeat.
If you do happen to catch alight on his flame trails, equip the B.D.U then go back to body armour, the flames will be out.

If you have any queries about the save, drop me an email at [email protected] (If you watch the cutscene with Snake and Raiden after the solidus battle, the dog tag will have the name Dante on it; just a heads up for those of you who didn't know the dog tags keep your Node name on them throughout.)

If you're on a gamesaving site, chances are you'll know how to use modio/Horizon etc, simply open my save in the resigner and open yours, replace the profile ID's and game ID's with your own, put my save in your device and voila, you can play.
If Modio will not open the save, open it in Horizon; then drag your profile ID and game ID from the modio resigner into the Horizon one, rehash and resign, then move that save onto your device in Modio, problem solved.

This save is designed for European players, there's already a US 'Great Dane' save on here, most of you were complaining that you were from Europe and couldn't get the save to work; well now you can.
You're all so very welcome. :baba:

Try to leave thanks if you can, it doesn't take no more than a few seconds. <3

Serious_M
08-24-2012, 05:24 PM
very nice save shared lickmybatwing

CloudStrife7x
08-24-2012, 06:23 PM
great save shared :)

thegutta
08-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Nice save share Wing :)

Dregen
08-25-2012, 04:03 PM
This save is designed for European players, there's already a US 'Great Dane' save on here...

Link to the U.S. version for anyone who might need it: [SAVE] MGSHD: Great Dane Achievement (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10890)

lickmybatwing
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Link to the U.S. version for anyone who might need it: [SAVE] MGSHD: Great Dane Achievement (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10890)

Thank you for supplying the link Dregen, and thank you for the shares guys, every one of you who gets your achievement makes me happy knowing I didn't just go through it for myself.

Krisu
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
After three grueling days of playing through the game on every difficulty, I can finally provide a European save for Great Dane; the greatest achievement since Mile High Club, in my opinion.

Download Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/610676750/BLES01419_MGS2000G015

This save is at the choke scene directly after the fight against 20 Metal Gear Ray units that I almost broke my controller going through with no damage (Yes, the continues you see at the end are all me purposely restarting/killing myself to ensure every boss fight was done with no damage. With the only exception being a hit I sustained during the second room of Arsenal Tengus.)

I made a save for the choke scene instead of directly at Solidus so people can't complain about the amount of health they have for the fight with him

"OMG UR A FEG U MESSD UP DAH CHOAK SCENE."

And if you wish to complain to me about beating Solidus, this is the final part of the game; you can't save during the battle and he'll have the saved amount of health, if I put in TEN hours of ensuring I don't sustain damage from boss battles (defeated Vamp with no damage using the hanging exploit) and to ensure I looted every guard for bandages, you can put in the fifteen minutes it took me to do Solidus with no damage.

Can you reupload :) ?

General tips for him;
Hold block religiously, when the fight begins, run up to him and slash twice then hold block, he will then kick, you will block it allowing you to hit him three times, repeat the slash, block kick, hit three times another two times and he will begin to fire his Snake Missiles, cartwheel over the side of the building which is opposite of where he's aiming, then flip up and repeat the earlier steps, at times he will lunge his tentacle at you when you flip up, so be ready for holding block. If his swords glow blue and he raises them above his head, dive out of the way as you can NOT block this attack. When he's whittled down to this much | | health, he will ditch his Snake arms, then it's simply a case of dodging his flame lunges (ridiculously easy) and hitting him, he will kick, be sure to block, and repeat.
If you do happen to catch alight on his flame trails, equip the B.D.U then go back to body armour, the flames will be out.

If you have any queries about the save, drop me an email at [email protected] (If you watch the cutscene with Snake and Raiden after the solidus battle, the dog tag will have the name Dante on it; just a heads up for those of you who didn't know the dog tags keep your Node name on them throughout.)

If you're on a gamesaving site, chances are you'll know how to use modio/Horizon etc, simply open my save in the resigner and open yours, replace the profile ID's and game ID's with your own, put my save in your device and voila, you can play.
If Modio will not open the save, open it in Horizon; then drag your profile ID and game ID from the modio resigner into the Horizon one, rehash and resign, then move that save onto your device in Modio, problem solved.

This save is designed for European players, there's already a US 'Great Dane' save on here, most of you were complaining that you were from Europe and couldn't get the save to work; well now you can.
You're all so very welcome. :baba:

Try to leave thanks if you can, it doesn't take no more than a few seconds. <3

Can you reupload :) ?