PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode II and III 3D re-releases officially dated

BrayWyatt
08-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Engadget (http://www.engadget.com)

for theaters in September and October 2013

Before Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace came back to the theaters earlier this year converted for 3D, the plan was to bring the other five movies to theaters one at a time each year, but that has apparently changed. At the Star Wars Celebration VI event in Orlando (where we first found out about the Blu-ray release two years ago) Lucasfilm announced that Episodes II and III in 3D will be released in theaters back to back in fall of 2013, arriving September 20th and October 11th, respectively. Missing so far from the announcement? A reason for the back-to-back release or any word on Blu-ray 3D plans. In lieu of more details, although it means Attack of the Clones will come back later in the year than Phantom Menace did, with any luck this accelerated schedule is a good omen for the original trilogy's return. Of course, we'll have to wait and see what magic can be worked with those older film and special effects elements, however IGN apparently found an early preview of the Episode II 3D footage to be promising.

CloudStrife7x
08-28-2012, 03:33 AM
nice to know of the date but i cant watch 3D movies hurts my eyes >.>

BrayWyatt
08-28-2012, 03:36 AM
im still waiting for episode 1 to be released (blu-ray 3d).

thegutta
08-28-2012, 09:29 AM
good to know thanks for the info Archer :D

TLOR FETT
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Way to go George Lucas, ¤¤¤¤¤ that Star Wars out, slut it good

Serious_M
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
great to know about this sterling