PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands 2 255 keys GPD

gawl
09-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't profile mod so I don't know if this will work, but since the keys are stored on the profile it should.

Use at your own risk, because I have no idea if this could get you banned.

It has zero achievements unlocked, just the golden keys.

PROJECT ZERO
09-20-2012, 12:10 AM
What's the ids for the keys?

legend423
09-20-2012, 12:55 AM
anyone tested this

ProCisicon
09-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Can you sign in a dummy account and dual screen with your main and just give your main account these keys?

amphallang
09-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Been working on this a bit myself... Had to start with a fresh profile with NO internet connection...
File dated 9/19/2013 6:44 PM 35KB
Only contains ONE gold key
please verify that I have the right file...

Thanks!

gawl
09-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Been working on this a bit myself... Had to start with a fresh profile with NO internet connection...
File dated 9/19/2013 6:44 PM 35KB
Only contains ONE gold key
please verify that I have the right file...

Thanks!
2012 not 2013, but the other info is right. Maybe this doesn't work with just a gpd.

virtz
09-20-2012, 02:52 AM
yeah only showed once key also. I know i'm doing it right cuz I have no keys in my profile.

VanillaXpC
09-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Easiest way to do this is split screen offline. Make a new profile, use that one as secondary player and load into Sanctuary with your main. Have your same save file duplicated but signed to the secondary account and open the chest, let the real save of yours loot the stuff. The reason you want to have the 2nd player (copied hacked profile) as your main, the weapons scale. This way you can get weapons and items your level.

reluctantkill3r
09-20-2012, 03:36 AM
it worked. =D awesome share.

thegutta
09-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Great job awesome share gawl :)

CloudStrife7x
09-20-2012, 04:37 AM
nice share gawl :)

PurpleShrimp
09-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Nothing is working for me, I am basically doing this:

1. Open Modio
2. Extract Profile from Modio to Desktop
3. Open Profile in Modio
4. Click "File Contents"
5. Scroll down until I find "545087C.gpd"
6. Right-click
7. Replace with downloaded GPD
8. Rehash-Resign x2
9. Overwrite profile
10. NOTHING...
11. Rage, and break xBox 360.

Vincent Valentine
09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Nothing is working for me, I am basically doing this:

1. Open Modio
2. Extract Profile from Modio to Desktop
3. Open Profile in Modio
4. Click "File Contents"
5. Scroll down until I find "545087C.gpd"
6. Right-click
7. Replace with downloaded GPD
8. Rehash-Resign x2
9. Overwrite profile
10. NOTHING...
11. Rage, and break xBox 360.

2 reasons why.

1st: never use modio
2nd: pretty sure this only works on online profiles that haven't played the game yet and same for offline profiles.

PurpleShrimp
09-20-2012, 05:30 AM
So should I just Horizon and if you have not played the game how would you find the GPD?

Vincent Valentine
09-20-2012, 05:34 AM
So should I just Horizon and if you have not played the game how would you find the GPD?
you don't find the .gpd, simply right click in contents and choose insert new file, find the .gpd on your desktop and add it in your profile then hit save, rehash and resign

PurpleShrimp
09-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Oh! I understand now I'll give it a shot.

PurpleShrimp
09-20-2012, 05:57 AM
By the way when I do this, is there a way my main a Level 17 Gunzerker can get the items? Because I saw someone post that you could, but how do I get my save on the alt without playing Borderlands?

jackblackjack2009
09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
can some1 tell me what are the keys for?

KiLLa CaM
09-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Easiest way to get this to work is how VanillaXpC tried to explain it. Basically you want to create an offline profile, use it's ID #'s to duplicate your main accounts save for it (making the offline account the same level as your main account), and use the GPD on the offline account. I suck at tutorials but I'll try.

USE HORIZON FOR THIS!

1. Disconnect from your wireless or wired connection.
2. Create an offline profile/account (this will be the account you will be injecting the GPD into)
3. Load up Borderlands 2 at Sanctuary with your main account and offline profile.
4. Save and quit so your game is saved (and so you're at Sanctuary by the gold loot box, if you have the premier club dlc this will also give your offline profile 1 gold key, this will also create the GPD for Borderlands 2 in your offline profile)
5. If using a flash drive, copy both the offline profile (you have to move this, not allowed to copy to devices) and your MAIN ACCOUNT'S gamesave (copy the save) to it. Otherwise, just drag them to your desktop to edit or edit them within Horizon.
6. Get the IDs for the offline profile and copy and paste them into the copy of your main account's save. Rehash and resign. This will make your offline profile have the same rank as your main account.
7. Now replace the GPD (5454087C.gpd) in the offline account with the 255 keys GPD. Rehash and resign. Move to harddrive/flash drive.
8. Load the game offline split screen and use your offline profile to open the box but have your main account take the loot.
9. If you don't want to lose the keys you use, just sign the offline profile account out without saving.

Worked perfectly for me. Sorry my tutorial sucks. I'm no good at writing them out. Easier to show/do lol. Make sure you save the game afterward with your main account so you keep the guns and loot lol. Also as you progress and rank up, you will have to reduplicate your main account's save for the offline profile so that you get guns that "fit" your current rank.

This also ensures that your personal badass rank for your main account is NOT AFFECTED! :)

vision
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
i did mine just like this and got all 255 keys

Easiest way to get this to work is how VanillaXpC tried to explain it. Basically you want to create an offline profile, use it's ID #'s to duplicate your main accounts save for it (making the offline account the same level as your main account), and use the GPD on the offline account. I suck at tutorials but I'll try.

USE HORIZON FOR THIS!

2. Create an offline profile/account (this will be the account you will be injecting the GPD into)
3. Load up Borderlands 2 at Sanctuary with your main account and offline profile.
4. Save and quit so your game is saved (and so you're at Sanctuary by the gold loot box, if you have the premier club dlc this will also give your offline profile 1 gold key)
5. If using a flash drive, copy (do not move) both the offline profile and your MAIN ACCOUNT'S gamesave to it. Otherwise, just drag them to your desktop to edit or edit them within Horizon.
6. Get the IDs for the offline profile and copy and paste them into the copy of your main account's save. Rehash and resign. This will make your offline profile have the same rank as your main account.
7. Now replace the GPD in the offline account with the 255 keys GPD. Rehash and resign. Move to harddrive/flash drive.
8. Load the game offline split screen and use your offline profile to open the box but have your main account take the loot.
9. If you don't want to lose the keys you use, just sign the offline profile account out without saving.

Worked perfectly for me. Sorry my tutorial sucks. I'm no good at writing them out. Easier to show/do lol. Make sure you save the game afterward with your main account so you keep the guns and loot lol. Also as you progress and rank up, you will have to reduplicate your main account's save for the offline profile so that you get guns that "fit" your current rank.

This also ensures that your personal badass rank for your main account is NOT AFFECTED! :)

legitmod
09-20-2012, 09:16 AM
worked perfect just wish some one would make a tut on how to do it for main profile so you don't have to create donor profiles an just use your own....Thanks for the share

turbine
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Thank you gawl for the file, and thank you for the instructions KiLLa CaM, I accidentally used my golden key and was super bummed. It took me a minute to figure it out since I've never modded a save before, but I downloaded horizon and followed the instructions and it worked! You guys fucking rock, thanks from a dumb newbie. I'm just going to leave the modded profile on my usb key, and rehack the character files when I get to a higher level and score some seriously dope loot.

ice74
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Worked Great thanks and much props!

Zaqxavier
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
What determins the level of the Golden chest upon opening it Main character profile or character opening box

legend423
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
so after i uses the keys and sign out of it do i get all the keys or if i wanna use it again just load up the profile and do it again

perrin25
09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Cool I mod with a non-xbl profile

grip1on1
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
worked for me ...good stuff...thanks!!!!

ice74
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
so after i uses the keys and sign out of it do i get all the keys or if i wanna use it again just load up the profile and do it again

You can sign out once you finished using the keys and you will still have all of the keys. Same actually goes for MONEY and WEAPONS too which is a good thing. You just have to do a bit of trading with yourself and it works like GOLD.

SPECIAL THANKS TO GAWL AND CAM for all of the help with the file and instructions!:029:

KiLLa CaM
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM
What determins the level of the Golden chest upon opening it Main character profile or character opening box

the level of the character who opens the box determines what level weapons you will get, which is why you duplicate your main account's save and copy your offline profile's IDs to it so that they will be the same rank.

glad my tutorial made sense and helped some of you. props goes to VanillaXpC though. He's the one who first said this way is best. I just went in depth and made a tutorial.

and i think someone said they wanted to do this with their main profile. unless you want your badass rank to be reset essentially (badass rank is stored in the GPD) you wouldn't want to use your main profile. I mean you could backup your profile and the GPD for this game first, and then inject the 255 keys GPD into your account, rehas and resign, load up the game, get what you want out of the chest, save the game, and then either inject your original GPD back into your account or just copy your entire backup of your profile back over to your drive and it would do the same thing, just more work that way because you'll constantly be editing your profile, whereas you can leave the offline profile modded, and just duplicate your main account's save again for the offline profile to make them the same rank.

nightxshadow7
09-20-2012, 05:31 PM
nice man but can dome one pleas tell me how to open gpd or get to them cuz i cant find it any where on horizon

ProCisicon
09-20-2012, 06:02 PM
This worked great! Thank you

nightxshadow7
09-20-2012, 06:24 PM
hay can u explane to me how to get the gpd cuz all i see in content is save

DT2
09-20-2012, 06:39 PM

USE HORIZON FOR THIS!

4. Save and quit so your game is saved (and so you're at Sanctuary by the gold loot box, if you have the premier club dlc this will also give your offline profile 1 gold key)
5. If using a flash drive, copy (do not move) both the offline profile and your MAIN ACCOUNT'S gamesave to it. Otherwise, just drag them to your desktop to edit or edit them within Horizon.
7. Now replace the GPD in the offline account with the 255 keys GPD. Rehash and resign. Move to harddrive/flash drive.

Works like a charm! Thanks

GSL
09-20-2012, 08:55 PM
don't have a PC unfortunately, but I can use my android phone and a USB key on the xbox (the profile could be copied to the phone). All data is in Data0001,0002,0003 files, which I take it is the xbox file system format. I'm SOL pretty much with this project without a PC eh?

nightxshadow7
09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
nvm i got it working :D

Nerox
09-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Got it to work but i can't get the offline account same level as my main account. Any tips?

KiLLa CaM
09-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Got it to work but i can't get the offline account same level as my main account. Any tips?

Make a copy of your save for your main account on your PC. Get your offline account's profile ID numbers by opening the offline profile up in the package manger in Horizon (there's 3 different ones, the profile ID, device ID, and console ID). Copy and paste those ID's to the copy of the save you made on your PC. Rehash and resign. Load the save up :)

Also to find the GPD for this game, it's under the contents section of the account when you open the profile up in the package manager in Horizon. It's 5454087C.gpd

And yes GSL you need a PC to do this, won't be able to use your phone

minmax
09-21-2012, 12:01 AM
First, I want to say thank you to everyone involved in getting things out there like this for us. Your time, effort, and skill is much appreciated.

Now, my question and problem. I used and offline account, while offline, and was able to succesfully use the offline guy to use the chest and then transfer items to my main account. I also vendored items i did not want on the offline guy and traded them to my main. Upon quitting and saving, logging my offline account out, and then going back online with me main I found that the game took me all the way back to before I traded with my offline account. Anyone have any ideas as to what I did wrong? I properly saved when offline and exited so I am totally stumped as to why the main did not keep everything. Thanks in advance for any tips.

al52025
09-21-2012, 12:04 AM
y cant i get the dummy account to have the same level as me? i copyied the dummys profile id onto my main accounts game save like it says. i then sign into my main profile and use the usb drive as the save device. then sign into the dummy account using usb as save device. it has the golden keys but level 1

Idlehands88
09-21-2012, 12:06 AM
y cant i get the dummy account to have the same level as me? i copyied the dummys profile id onto my main accounts game save like it says. i then sign into my main profile and use the usb drive as the save device. then sign into the dummy account using usb as save device. it has the golden keys but level 1

You have to press "Y" to select the character/save...

al52025
09-21-2012, 12:11 AM
there not option for that. it shows im signed into my main account with a level 1 and the dummy account has the level 19 guy. but i cant press y to pick a character

Idlehands88
09-21-2012, 12:13 AM
there not option for that. it shows im signed into my main account with a level 1 and the dummy account has the level 19 guy. but i cant press y to pick a character

If you just changed the the Profile ID's on the save to the Dummy account ID's, then there is still only ONE save and that save is now on the Dummy Account, that's why you don't have your save for your main, because you changed it to be on the dummy...

Vincent Valentine
09-21-2012, 12:19 AM
was bored so i made a youtube video of how to do this :P

forkfu
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
I know Horizon is clearly stated as the tool to use ... but! I've never been able to get it to run, it just crashes immediately after showing the logo screen. I've tried reinstalling net 3.5 w/ sp1 quite a few times and I still get the same result. Are there any other apps that I can use to get to the gpds?

Vincent Valentine
09-21-2012, 12:34 AM
I know Horizon is clearly stated as the tool to use ... but! I've never been able to get it to run, it just crashes immediately after showing the logo screen. I've tried reinstalling net 3.5 w/ sp1 quite a few times and I still get the same result. Are there any other apps that I can use to get to the gpds?
Try net 4.0

SmokinAce
09-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Make a copy of your save for your main account on your PC. Get your offline account's profile ID numbers by opening the offline profile up in the package manger in Horizon (there's 3 different ones, the profile ID, device ID, and console ID). Copy and paste those ID's to the copy of the save you made on your PC. Rehash and resign. Load the save up :)

Also to find the GPD for this game, it's under the contents section of the account when you open the profile up in the package manager in Horizon. It's 5454087C.gpd

And yes GSL you need a PC to do this, won't be able to use your phone
I got everything but i cant copy and paste my profile ID i copy it then i go to the dummy profile and right click and option to paste is not highlighted any help would be appreciated

al52025
09-21-2012, 12:38 AM
i found another text tut. that worked perfect for me for anyone else having trouble

The Steps to setup offline profile:
1.Open horizon and open your offline profile.
2.Click Content and look for 5454087C
3.Right click it and click replace and replace it with the Modded GPD you downloaded
4 Save Rehash and Resign
5.Now your Done with the profile
6.Now move your save from your main account onto your USB
7.Open your save in Horizon
8.Change the IDs to your offline account then save it to ur USB
9.On your Xbox COPY your save back to your Harddrive
10.Then put your USB back in your PC and change the Save IDs back to your main profile
11.Now put your USB in your Xbox and on your main account load up Borderlands 2
12. Select your USB and your storage unit
13. Continue your game.
14. when your in your game hit start and turn on your 2nd controller
15.Select HardDrive. You should see ur offline account is the same level.
16.Walk to the chest in Sanctuary on your 2nd controller and you should have 255 Golden Keys open it as much as you want!

When you run out just make another offline account and do it again!

legend423
09-21-2012, 12:47 AM
got it to work this is awesome man thanks for the tip

MANIC Mouse
09-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Thank you kind sir, i am so glad i found this!
worked like a charm btw

Chirpyboy
09-21-2012, 03:55 AM
I wish i could try this but sadly Horizon wont work for me, and its stated by on the Horizon boards that if you get the .exe failed after loading then theres nothing you can do and just have to wait for them to update around end of the month

SmokinAce
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Finally got it work thanks to those that put a lil tutorial on how to get this working much appreaciated

krispin149
09-21-2012, 04:30 PM
very nice, I will definitely be doing this as soon I as get home. I've only seen 1 epic item drop, why are they so rare this time around.

Midori
09-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Is this easier detected on xbox live and is this something I can get banned for if I do it offline and then sign on to live afterwards?

MajorHyp46
09-21-2012, 08:50 PM
For some reason whenever I open my xbox save it and click contents only the savegame.sav comes up. No .gpd. Anyone feel like helpin'?

kamokilla
09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
For some reason whenever I open my xbox save it and click contents only the savegame.sav comes up. No .gpd. Anyone feel like helpin'?You're not opening up the right thing, you open up the game profile not the saved games. Your gpd is saved on your profile.

MajorHyp46
09-21-2012, 08:56 PM
OOOOH.... Thanks, I didn't know that .gpd's were tied to the profile. THANKS :D

Nightmare666
09-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Is this easier detected on xbox live and is this something I can get banned for if I do it offline and then sign on to live afterwards?

You should be fine as everything that is modded is tied to the dummy account and your doing it offline. When you sign back in your main profile will have a legit gpd and the items could just have been picked up like regular loot.

Just make sure to do it offline and you will be fine.

krispin149
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM

follow the instructions on this post and you should be ok.

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=17828-borderlands-2-255-keys-gpd-2.html#post139716

Mendocino
09-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I can't get it to work. I have my same character on the dummy account, i replaced the .gpd on the dummy profile with the modded one, load up the game offline in split and still only see 1 golden key to spend...

EDIT: NVM, i am a idiot and forgot to put the dummy account character on my hd

Ninja Twin
09-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Is there any way to transfer skins and character customization stuff like heads etc to other profiles.

SPOONy
09-22-2012, 09:28 PM
thanks for this worked great work got all 255 keys :D

Hulgan
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM

USE HORIZON FOR THIS!

4. Save and quit so your game is saved (and so you're at Sanctuary by the gold loot box, if you have the premier club dlc this will also give your offline profile 1 gold key, this will also create the GPD for Borderlands 2 in your offline profile)
5. If using a flash drive, copy both the offline profile (you have to move this, not allowed to copy to devices) and your MAIN ACCOUNT'S gamesave (copy the save) to it. Otherwise, just drag them to your desktop to edit or edit them within Horizon.
7. Now replace the GPD (5454087C.gpd) in the offline account with the 255 keys GPD. Rehash and resign. Move to harddrive/flash drive.

I tried all the steps and got the saved file onto my offline account, but when I go to insert the .gdp the only file it shows is "SaveGame.sav" No gdp file to replace. Any Solutions?

gawl
09-23-2012, 02:34 AM
I tried all the steps and got the saved file onto my offline account, but when I go to insert the .gdp the only file it shows is "SaveGame.sav" No gdp file to replace. Any Solutions?

That's your game save, what you want to use is the profile.

Jahck
09-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Ok got this to work on my offline account flawlessly I love it... Side note though - I went to mod my main accounts gpd and it is non-existent... how is that possible?

jameswho72
09-23-2012, 02:15 PM
thanks bud for sharing

jameswho72
09-23-2012, 02:18 PM
thanks for the tutorial and don't worry about if it sucks or not because you tried your best bud:053:

odinne
09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
works fine for me. made a new profile, insert it in, plus my lvl 50 for my own save. started game with my own game, added the new profile save into the game and there it was 255 golden keys. :)

S_O_B
09-25-2012, 01:18 AM
This worked great. Thank you.

ekstasee
09-28-2012, 04:06 AM
patched. can anyone confirm this? it did an auto update today and now it wont give u keys for making new accounts.

drazzsg
09-29-2012, 03:45 AM
i find this video tutorial is much easier to understand.

remember to backup a copy of ur main a/c save to the computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLVcOVHXlk

007sonic
09-29-2012, 03:58 AM
yay someone did something about the keys now i can has infinite keys!

ruark
10-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Ok, I have a problem here.... I have followed the directions to a T. I have successfully made a dummy character identical to my main. I have even injected the new GDP file
in-place of the old one for the dummy's profile, saved it to the thumb drive. I log in on my main and invite my dummy toon in. I run the dummy over to the golden chest and he has (0) zero keys! What have I missed or done wrong?

Doctor Doom
10-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Worked Great Thanks.

iWicked
10-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Great share!

Tuptar
10-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks so much for this bro... Works Great

zackg007
10-13-2012, 04:00 AM
thanx. Great share! Totally kicks ass. great tut too! Now the only problem is storage. I cant believe they've given us less this time around. I thought for sure they'd give more. But anyhoo, Im having a blast opening this thing over and over. so are you saying I don't have to reinject the gpd to replenish the keys? Just sign out and in? if so that's cool. Thanx again.

zackg007
10-13-2012, 06:29 AM
I got everything but i cant copy and paste my profile ID i copy it then i go to the dummy profile and right click and option to paste is not highlighted any help would be appreciated

are you using Horizon? Because I had that same issue with Modio which I tried to use first as it was my goto app but in Horizon this was not an issue

Dinocookie
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey thanks for this it worked just fine :)

MrTuts
12-10-2012, 05:28 AM
OMG, do you think this can be safe online?
Thanks for the upload ^^

agent zero
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks so much for this I have been looking for this.

lonelyhero
12-11-2012, 03:31 PM
OMG, do you think this can be safe online?
Thanks for the upload ^^

i would recommend pull your ethernet while you do this since the dummy account will obviously have more keys than anyone ever should just get your guns save exit then sign out of the dummy profile and back into live on your main

nicola37
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
a friend of mine was banned for this... it is better to use it offline. I used to log this profile with the second controller and made a split screen game for this glitch.

ShangTsung
12-13-2012, 03:43 AM
does this save require dlc?

mongo
06-23-2013, 08:45 PM
works !!
THANKS

UrK
06-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Thanks, Nice share man!

ShangTsung
06-27-2013, 02:33 AM
also, i don't play online, just sp, my personal preference.. so will this work for me??? EDIT- nvm, it works by using a second controller in offline co-op