PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Borderlands 2 Duplicating items

DMand
09-23-2012, 06:48 AM
I have found a way to duplicate items in Borderlands 2 and its pretty simple

1. You need atleast one friend online to do this

2. The player receiving the items will host the game

3. Be somewhere away from checkpoints, you don't want it to autosave on accident

4. The player that is giving the items should save before doing this

5. Now that this criteria is met the player that is not the host will drop the weapons or items they want to duplicate and the host can pick them up or leave them on the ground doesn't matter then hit the guide button and go to dashboard

6. Start the game back up and join the hosts game again you should still have all of your items and so should the host

Hope this helps.

elroco
09-25-2012, 07:52 PM
The duplikate trick from Borderlands 1.
Its funny that it works on BL2 too :)

It works with Money too.
The same steps :)

Thx DMand that you post this trick for those who donĀ“t know it :)

Idlehands88
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
1. You need atleast one friend online to do this

You can do it through split-screen, you don't HAVE to be online and you don't HAVE to do it with a friend :P

thegutta
09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
great share bro :)

Serious_M
10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
nice tut shared DMand

DeathWrench
10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I have an easier way if you're alone, if you have 2 controllers. for controller 2 use a local profile and the save you want that has all the items you want to duplicate ( the save with the items you want to dupe is on your flash drive ) . Than go on the save you want to dupe them to ( should be the HDD (hard drive in your xbox) for convenience otherwise it won't save )

Start the game up after doing the above. unplug your flash drive from the xbox drop everything you want, pick it up on the save you want. Save and quit. Upon doing this the save that was loaded for controller 2 won't actually save meaning you can load it up again and still have everything you just duped.

So if you wanted everything on all your saves and don't play online, or have no friends playing borderlands you can put all the stuff to any specific character you want quickly.

This isn't as quick as joining a friend, dropping and dashboarding, but it is the quickest if you're only duping stuff on 1 save.

CloudStrife7x
10-04-2012, 06:12 PM
used this method all the time with my friends ;)

DMand
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I know this now, I just got excited after I figured out a way (didn't claim to be the only way) to duplicate items in borderlands 2 and wanted to contribute something to the community ;p