PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands 2 GPD Modding

armoredtomahawk
10-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm not sure how you would execute this, but could you mod weapons like you could for Borderlands 1 using the GPD for Borderlands 2 for the guns in your stash since they should be held on your profile. (Just a suggestion...never saw anyone even mention it)

Idlehands88
10-02-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure how you would execute this, but could you mod weapons like you could for Borderlands 1 using the GPD for Borderlands 2 for the guns in your stash since they should be held on your profile. (Just a suggestion...never saw anyone even mention it)

The GPD and save are both Compressed and no one knows how to properly Decompress them.

armoredtomahawk
10-02-2012, 01:56 AM
The GPD and save are both Compressed and no one knows how to properly Decompress them.

Right I was unaware the GPD was compressed as well.

JizzaBeez
10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
The GPD and save are both Compressed and no one knows how to properly Decompress them.Yes, the GPD's data is compressed but I have already said what type compression it uses. The problem is the custom hash that's used…

Vincent Valentine
10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes, the GPD's data is compressed but I have already said what type compression it uses. The problem is the custom hash that's used…
Off topic since I'm talking about the save instead of the GPD but have you looked to see if the save uses a custom hash as well? Just wondering

Idlehands88
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Off topic since I'm talking about the save instead of the GPD but have you looked to see if the save uses a custom hash as well? Just wondering

Supposedly the save just has a SHA-1 hash on it and two Compressions

fairchild
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Yes, the GPD's data is compressed but I have already said what type compression it uses. The problem is the custom hash that's used…

Do you have a sample GPDso that i can seeif i can find the custom hash for it. Is the GPD also double compressed?

Idlehands88
10-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Do you have a sample GPDso that i can seeif i can find the custom hash for it. Is the GPD also double compressed?

Here is the modded Profile I made using Smoko400's Modded GPD:
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=17805-%5Breq%5D-borderlands-2-offline-gamertag-profile.html

You should be able to use that to find the hash.

JizzaBeez
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Do you have a sample GPDso that i can seeif i can find the custom hash for it. Is the GPD also double compressed?The GPD is compressed with LZO1X one time. The has is 160bit at 0x0 (start of savedata). I think it's probably similar to GoW3.

Edit:
The hash is a SHA1 using the Profile's XUID as the "salt". That goes for many Unreal Engine 3 GPD's.

Kokuei_00
12-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Here is the modded Profile I made using Smoko400's Modded GPD:
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=17805-%5Breq%5D-borderlands-2-offline-gamertag-profile.html

You should be able to use that to find the hash.

Idlehands88, Love your work, but do you know where I can find a .gpd editor for borderlands 2.

More specifically, I want my level 60 back because of the recent patch and so I think they "might" have possibly put the level data in the .gpd area of your gamertag/profile.

It's either that or they could've split part of the level data in with the gamesave.save and the other part into the .gpd area.

I'm not completely sure yet, but I'd like to find something that can help me look into finding more out about this on my own.

Been looking for a .gpd editor, but if I'm just stuck with hex editing then fine, but that'll take me a bit longer i guess.