PDA

View Full Version : I request some help in figuring out a modding problem

Wolfy
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm a complete greenhorn when it comes to modding so I'm a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong. I was doing some modding on my Resident Evil 6 file when I ran into a problem on putting it back into the Xbox. No matter what I try the game doesn't detect that I'm using the same gamertag both before and after the modifications. Did I make some kind of obvious mistake and I'm just not figureing it out or what?

If it helps, I used Horizon to extract/import the data from my flash drive and I used PUR3 RAF3X's RE6 editor to do the actual modding.

Please and thank you's in advance.

Renegade
03-15-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm a complete greenhorn when it comes to modding so I'm a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong. I was doing some modding on my Resident Evil 6 file when I ran into a problem on putting it back into the Xbox. No matter what I try the game doesn't detect that I'm using the same gamertag both before and after the modifications. Did I make some kind of obvious mistake and I'm just not figureing it out or what?

If it helps, I used Horizon to extract/import the data from my flash drive and I used PUR3 RAF3X's RE6 editor to do the actual modding.

Please and thank you's in advance.Have you tried manually setting the ID's of the profile to the save? and then resigning?

PUR3 RAF3X
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
No idea why this happen for you. This Tool Resign&Rehash for you. But yes check the ID's first.

Wolfy
03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Have you tried manually setting the ID's of the profile to the save? and then resigning?

I don't think so. Like I said, I haven't much of a clue what it is I'm doing. Think you could explain it to me, or maybe point me in the direction of someone who already did?

Renegade
03-15-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't think so. Like I said, I haven't much of a clue what it is I'm doing. Think you could explain it to me, or maybe point me in the direction of someone who already did?If you are using Horizon like you say you are, open the package manager under the tools tab. It should then bring up a new window for you to open your Container (i.e your Profile or Gamesave) For this example use your profile. When you load the file. It should show you Profile ID and Device ID. Save them to a notepad or wordpad document and then do the same thing with the gamesave, but this time paste the profile ID and Device ID from the notepad into the boxes. Then simply hit Resign and Rehash. Inject the save back onto your storage device and enjoy.

Wolfy
03-15-2013, 05:55 PM
If you are using Horizon like you say you are, open the package manager under the tools tab. It should then bring up a new window for you to open your Container (i.e your Profile or Gamesave) For this example use your profile. When you load the file. It should show you Profile ID and Device ID. Save them to a notepad or wordpad document and then do the same thing with the gamesave, but this time paste the profile ID and Device ID from the notepad into the boxes. Then simply hit Resign and Rehash. Inject the save back onto your storage device and enjoy.

Nope, Still nothing. The Ids were the exact same on both my Gamertag and Gamesave. It get worse though. I decided to just move my original backup back onto my xbox. That wasn't recognized either. I appreciate the help and all, but be honest: I blew it big time, didn't I?

Renegade
03-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Nope, Still nothing. The Ids were the exact same on both my Gamertag and Gamesave. It get worse though. I decided to just move my original backup back onto my xbox. That wasn't recognized either. I appreciate the help and all, but be honest: I blew it big time, didn't I?If you go to Settings > Storage on the Xbox, look at the games and see if the saves are corrupted

Wolfy
03-23-2013, 12:09 AM
If you go to Settings > Storage on the Xbox, look at the games and see if the saves are corrupted

Nope, nothing about being corrupted.

Emerald Lance
03-23-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't think you blew anything. ;)

Other than the IDs, I can't think of what might be causing this issue... And your original backup isn't recognized either, which is even weirder. Can you give us a step by step of what you're doing? The whole thing; no detail is too small.