PDA

View Full Version : PC help

The Icon Jordan
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
been hearing random noises on my pc, not sure if im paranoid or have an rat virus or what, but ive also seen my cmd window pop up 4 or 5 times today, what can i do to find out whats wrong, or how to fix it? please help!:081:

Original Boss
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
UnHackMe Very good virus protector gets rid of even the hidden ones

ESET Smart security Another virus protector i use stops connections to websites that may be harmful gets rid of viruses malware

Unfortunately these are not free but you can get them cracked but i can not discuss it here just search on google :053:

gamehawk
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM
More than likely this is caused by malware being present on your system. You can always boot into safe mode by hitting f8 as the system powers on. Choose to boot the system with network support so you will have the internet and then just download and install malware bytes. Run a full system scan for viruses, malware and adware....bet you find the problem.

Malware bytes is a free program that you can get from cnet or download.com at http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Another problem is a simple solution....check your java version. Older versions have numerous vulnerabilities requiring updating regularly. If it has been awhile since you updated java....do so now...definitely won't hurt ya.

there is also an instance where userinit.exe gets corrupted and can be repaired with COMBOFiX.

Just a few solutions to try out. Hope it helps

Learning
04-11-2013, 12:52 AM
If your scared whether or not you have a virus, just get kilspersky anit virus. Theres no anti virus stronger than that. People in Iraq and China love to use it because it even detects shit the FBI puts out to track them. It costs quite a lot though

Also, with that said, if you are frequently downloading virus/malware prone stuff, I would suggest setting up a VPN for yourself. Its pretty much an isolated environment that you can run any application you want inside of it and when your done you just destroy and rebuild the environment. So that way if there happens to be a virus in that program, it will stay in the temoprary environment and when its destroyed, so is the virus. It never interacts with your main pc. Its more commonly called a sandbox enviroment. VMWare is great for that. Ive never downloaded any programs from any website outside of a sandbox. I have one created everytime I download and use an editor or software made from forum users. If you deem it safe to use, then you can just drag it over to your main pc and it will save locally.

smith303
04-14-2013, 05:53 AM
If your scared whether or not you have a virus, just get kilspersky anit virus. Theres no anti virus stronger than that. People in Iraq and China love to use it because it even detects shit the FBI puts out to track them. It costs quite a lot though

Also, with that said, if you are frequently downloading virus/malware prone stuff, I would suggest setting up a VPN for yourself. Its pretty much an isolated environment that you can run any application you want inside of it and when your done you just destroy and rebuild the environment. So that way if there happens to be a virus in that program, it will stay in the temoprary environment and when its destroyed, so is the virus. It never interacts with your main pc. Its more commonly called a sandbox enviroment. VMWare is great for that. Ive never downloaded any programs from any website outside of a sandbox. I have one created everytime I download and use an editor or software made from forum users. If you deem it safe to use, then you can just drag it over to your main pc and it will save locally.
VPN? It's a sandbox. I use sandboxie. It works well, and does its job.

What were the Cmd windows doing?

If you don't want to spend money, download Avira Free Antivirus. I used it on my brother's computer when no other programs or antivirus software would work. It cleaned around 70 trojans of that computer and after that the computer had no problems.

After that, (if your running Windows) I would look at your program manager. Look under processes for any processes that look suspicious and post the name of them here.

HijackThis is a program that could help too. It grabs all running processes and registry items and saves them in a text file. You can then post the contents for other users to view and help identify any culprits.