PDA

View Full Version : First-party PS4 game pricing confirmed at $59.99!

Name
06-18-2013, 02:57 AM
Launch window titles stick with current-gen pricing.

Sony's first-party PlayStation 4 games will cost $59.99, the company has confirmed, signaling no increase to packaged game pricing on its next-gen machine.

Microsoft recently confirmed that Xbox One games will carry the same recommended retail price as current Xbox 360 games.

SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida was more cagey on the matter, saying that he knew the price point for Sony's PS4 games but wasn't yet willing to share it.

A Sony representative has, however, today told Shack News that the firm's first-party launch and 'launch window' offerings will cost the usual $59.99. "We have announced the pricing for our first party line up of PS4 launch and launch window games. All four titles, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Driveclub, Knack, and inFamous Second Son are all $59.99," the rep confirmed.

While this doesn't confirm pricing for third-party software, or rule out general software prices in the long-run, it certainly further indicates that retail game prices will remain the same in the transition to new consoles.

Activision, Ubisoft and EA spokespeople have all declined to comment on next-gen game pricing in regards to recent reports.

But EA COO Peter Moore recently told analysts that he doesn't expect software prices to increase next-gen, noting: "You see a $60 price for a next-gen game whereas we believe [with digital downloads] we can get $70, $80, $90 from the consumer, but it's a $60 price point."

Last Monday, Microsoft confirmed that Xbox One will be available in 21 markets this November. The Xbox One price has been set at £425 / €499 / $499.

Sony showed off the PS4 hardware for the first time last Tuesday night during its E3 press conference. It confirmed a Christmas PS4 release date in Europe and the US and a PS4 price of £349 / €399 / $399.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414893/first-party-ps4-game-pricing-confirmed-at-5999/

Idlehands88
06-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Wait, if Xbox One games are downloaded from Online, why do we have to pay $60 for them? Since the $60 includes the packaging costs, why the F*** would we pay packaging costs for something that doesn't have packaging????????????

One more thing to add to the gayness of X1....

CloudStrife7x
06-18-2013, 03:39 AM
yup i already paid off games like Killzone :), glad the price is still $60

albendi
06-18-2013, 03:43 AM
thats alot $ 59.99 but in the bright side its open world which you can go and room around not limit to some areas anyway hey all

thegutta
06-18-2013, 04:48 AM
I'm glad they kept it the same price :D

Name
06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
They said for the start they are going to be 59.99 thats what they said.

SiN
06-19-2013, 12:08 AM
good.. news.... I think the Download ones should be cheaper...lol

I mean who heck looks at the books that come with it now, anyways...lol