PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Random BSOD

longy999
04-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Any pc whiz kids here have a clue what could be wrong with my pc? Over the last couple of weeks I've been getting random BSOD crashes giving me error codes BCCode 50 and BCCode 1e.

So far I've done the following:

Rolled back the system to eliminate any corrupt updates
Run memtest for 20 passes (extended) - No errors found
Run OCCT on both CPU and GPU, stress and error tests - No errors found
Run Seatools on both HDD's - No errors found
Switched HDD sata cables for new ones
Disabled non essential hardware (SD card reader, Wi-Fi card etc..)
Reset CMOS and loaded up system optimal settings
Run complete scan of both drives with anti-virus software - Nothing found
Used CCleaner to clear unwanted registry components
Run Intel driver utility and updated all found drivers

Sometimes the system will crash 2 or 3 times a day, other times it runs for a couple of days with no issue's at all, driving me mad!
Also, the CPU, GPU and Ram are running at normal levels and normal temperatures.

Specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 215 2.7ghz
2x 2gb DDR2 Ram
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
2x Seagate 500gb HDD's

Any help will be much appreciated!

8Ball
04-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Your RAM is most likely being dodgy, just bcause it passes the tests doesn't mean anything besides it has passed those tests.

Experiment with removing a single module at a time, if the system still goes blue without one of them and you've tried both, try getting hold of some replacements, you sound like you're on a 32 bit system given the 4GB you have, your motherboard may support a little more but that would require installing a 64 bit windows OS though you can technically insert more RAM it just won't see it, what a waste!

Also consider running 'sfc /scannow' from cmd prompt just because. It will check your system files, HDD may not be corrupt but the files can be.

Your blue screens will be logged in the event viewer from computer management, right click my computer > Manage and it's near the top somewhere.

longy999
04-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reply 8ball. Forgot to mention its a 64bit system, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

I'll try removing a stick of ram and see how it goes on, hopefully thats the cause of the problems. I'm mid way through building a new pc so its a nice cheap fix to keep me going if its that.