PDA

View Full Version : [News] New Titanfall "experiences" on the way - "the cat's out of the bag"

THUMBS
05-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Sequel? DLC? Life-sized Titan? EA and Respawn won't say
EA and Respawn are working on "new Titanfall experiences", as revealed by EA chief executive Andrew Wilson during an investor call last night. What exactly this amounts to is anybody's guess, but if you recall, "sources" do opine that EA has won the rights to publish Titanfall 2.

If it ever comes to pass - and given early sales, I'd say that's a strong probability - the sequel is likely to appear on both Xbox and non-Xbox platforms. Microsoft's exclusivity deal with EA applies "for the life of the title".

"Looks like the cat is out of the bag!" Respawn's co-founder Vince Zampella Tweeted after the call. "'New Titanfall experiences' await you in the future! Excited at the opportunity! This is gonna be fun."
Other Respawn staff have been cagier about what the future might hold. "We've got obviously DLC and support after launch, and those things occupy our time right now," Respawn's community manager Abbie Heppe told OXM at the review event in March. "We'll see where the future leads us."

"I don't even want to jinx it, man," lead artist Joel Emslie put in, when pressed as to the likelihood of a sequel. "I still seriously cross my fingers for when we release. I just want to see what happens, I'm anxious to get it out there. For me it's like, if people like it and really want to play it, then that's what I want to see."

You can expect the first of Titanfall's DLC packs this month. Titled Expedition, it contains three maps - Swampland, Runoff and Wargames - for US$9.99, £7.99 or AU$13.45. Screens are above. The developer also plans to release new Titanfall modes for free via downloadable update.

What would you add to Titanfall right now? I could sure go for a Titan with its head on backwards, for rearguard-monitoring purposes. We could call it the "Owl" class Titan. Or possibly "the broken Titan".