PDA

View Full Version : How to Bypass the XboxLive Region Lock (Help?)

Ravanofdarkness
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Currently, i live in Germany and the Gears of War 2 Content isn't Available in this Region or is Region Locked in this Country. So i was hoping if there is a way to bypass the Region Lock to trick my Console to think i'm in a diffrent Country where the DLC is Available.

If it's possible could i do it with these tools: Xbox360 Console, Computer, Internet Modem with a build in Router (5 Lan Ports).

Magnus Hydra
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
The only way I know is by using a jtag. You might be able to do something with a modded dvd drive but I've never messed with one.

Ravanofdarkness
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
At the moment i'm searching the Web to find a way to do this, i really hate Mircosoft and Germany for doing this stupid Region Lock thing. If you ask me, if you own the Game you should have every right to get the DLC for it.

Sephiroth
12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
You can try to make a new usa/jap/uk silver account and see if that works lol
I made once a jap account to download a content that was only downloadable for jap accounts

Ravanofdarkness
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
The Account thing doesen't work sadly. :(

Ryudo
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Connect to Live through a Proxy. This should allow you to get it.

Just don't use the proxy too long, because you can get banned for it.

Get the DLC, then restore to default settings asap.

doket
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
the easy way is use vpn to download the DLC. i live in asia, dead rising, case zero and cast west is region lock here, so i use vpn to download these game. vpn is something like changing your ip to other country ip. so, i buy 1 days vpn account for usa ip just for download these game and it only cost $1. you also need to configue your ip setting on both pc and xbox for it to works, just type vpn on google...

Ravanofdarkness
12-31-2010, 07:15 PM
But doesen't it require another Network Adapter for it to work? like i said i only have a Modem with a build in Router and a PC with only 1 Network Adapter Plug-In and a Xbox360 Console.

Ryudo
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
the easy way is use vpn to download the DLC. i live in asia, dead rising, case zero and cast west is region lock here, so i use vpn to download these game. vpn is something like changing your ip to other country ip. so, i buy 1 days vpn account for usa ip just for download these game and it only cost $1. you also need to configue your ip setting on both pc and xbox for it to works, just type vpn on google...

You don't need to 'buy' a VPN.

All you have to do is get a good proxy, and make sure the DNS and Gateway are properly set in the Connection Settings.

NinjaThroatChop
06-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I have this problem too. I switched my location settings to US and it allowed me to play some of the locked games, but didn't do much for unlocking DLC. What I ended up doing (which sucks) is I mailed a USB stick to my uncle and had him recover my gamertag and download the DLC to the USB stick. Then he mailed it back and I copied the DLC to my hard drive. It can be a long process but I'm patient. As soon as I get the data off of the USB I send it right back to my uncle so it is already there for when the next DLC problem comes up, this saves about 10 days shipping time.