PDA

View Full Version : Earth Defence Force Insect Armageddon - Credits(working on more)

MountaindewM
07-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes I am still around and have come up with a new hack. I think the last Tutorial I made was Farcry 2 which I think was a huge step for that game.

Note: I cannot get this to work anymore and there has not been an update in game so not sure why it is not working for me now but try it anyway if you want. At one point it was consistent I only changed the value the once but when I searched for a new value later it was still in a similar spot.

Way 1 - Less steps but a bit more complicated for novices

Programs Needed:

Hex Editor(any should do)
Base Converter(ability to convert to Floating hex)

1. Ensure that you obtain your Contentdata.bin and put it on your desktop or in a special place so you don't lose it. (make sure you make a backup).

2. Open it with your favorite hex editor. Now search for your credits in Raw Hex(Motorola works to), Floating(32) in Base Converter. I do believe that program is on this site. My credits were 19811 so I search for 469AC600(without the spaces of course). I also noticed that 8000 normally follows your credits as well so this can help if you somehow have more than 1 value.

3. My location was 0xD112 but a second time I also got 0x10112 as well. So not sure what the difference is.

4. Change it to 49742400 so you get 1 million credits or if you want 4B189680 will give you 10 million credits. I only did 1 millions credits.

5. REHASH

Way 2- More steps but more consistent and don't necessarily need to search for the credits

Programs Needed:

Hex Editor(any should do)
Base Converter(ability to convert to Floating hex)
Xbox 360 Container Tool, Modio or Le Fluffies for STFS

1. Ensure that you obtain your Contentdata.bin and put it on your desktop or in a special place so you don't lose it. (make sure you make a backup).

2. Open your Contentdata.bin in Xbox 360 Container Tool, Modio or Le Fluffie and remove 00000000.sav and save it to where you have your main save.

3. Open 00000000.sav with your favorite hex editor. Now search for your credits in Raw Hex(Motorola works to), Floating(32) in Base Converter. I do believe that program is on this site. My credits were 19811 so I search for 469AC600(without the spaces of course). I also noticed that 8000 normally follows your credits as well so this can help if you somehow have more than 1 value.(NOTE: This step probably isn't required but I put it here just incase. If you find no value Way 1 will have to be used but so far all the times I have seen this way be consistent 100% of the time)

4. Your location SHOULD BE 0xD112.

5. Change it to 49742400 so you get 1 million credits or if you want 4B189680 will give you 10 million credits. I only did 1 millions credits personally.

6. Reinsert 00000000.sav into your Contentdata.bin

7. REHASH

If anyone else wants to help feel free since I am kinda lost at this point. I do decompressing it comes up with 6 files of which 4 of them are in the actual save itself and not the container. Now why there are 4 of them yet the credits are simple to hack and at the beginning of the save I have no idea. I am trying to break it down but it's been a while. Also if anyone wants to know this game is really fun so they should really give it a try. I am hoping to at least hack some of the stats for achievements like survive 500 waves fo survival since that will take a long time to do.

Also some of the stats might be connected to the profile so I will also test that out with my save file and load it on an offline profile and see if that will do anything.

I am also going to keep working on this so check back regularly or keep this posted bumped since I will not be happy till I have everything that can be hacked figured out. If someone wants they can make an editor for this game.

Renegade
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Another great tut by the mights Mountain :) Good work, and glad to see you still lurk these shadows :)

MountaindewM
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah I read alot about what is going on. Just I don't post since I don't have much to add since I can't make programs. I would learn but have hardly enough time to game anymore :-(. Do like how this site has really kicked it off. I am gonna try and post more it's just like I said I prefer to add to the topic and not just spam. Also if anyone wants to co-op on this game just let me know. It's fun as hell I think.

desfunk
07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Sadly, i'm not having any luck with this method. I tried converting my values and everything, but i can't find those actual values anywhere in my save file.

Not sure if i'm converting it right. But my current credits are 5015 and it would convert to 459CB800 right?

Nothing shows up even close to it in the save, or the container extracted save. And those actual hex locations don't match up with anything that looks to be possible either.

MountaindewM
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah I just tried to re-hack my save again since I ran out of money and nothing now. I am completely stumped now. I will keep trying real fast and see what I can come up with.

If someone else got this to work please post since I hope it wasn't a fluke that I was temporarily able to hack it since I have never heard of that. Except in Fallout New Vegas but not sure how that works.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why it isn't working. I have the game beat on Hard now and only got 1 level beat on Inferno and am a Rank 7 on my Trooper while the rest of my 3 guys are Rank 2. Not sure really what else to do. Looking into this still.

EDIT: I notice in the file the header for the save is also located at 0x0 and 0x30000. Also a few text works in the save are Xbox 360 Dashboard and Xbox 360 Improvement Program Data(spaces between each letter) Those are located at 0x 31690 and 0x30400 respectively.

At around 0x12000 there is 2 spanish sayings.
"El Bardo Trill aprobaría de esta gorra tejida estilosa" which means "Trill The Bard would approve of this stylish knit cap"
"Trill le Barde aurait approuvé ce chapeau élégant" which means "Trill the Bard would have approved this stylish hat"

Anyone else see that as well? I mean that is a bit strange.

hermes2k
07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Thx dud!! It's working perfectly~ ;)

69bigplayer69
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
cant get it to work either.... no value nothing

Jappi88
07-10-2011, 01:41 PM
i tried to make editor for this game, but it wont be easy... the structure is weard and need to be figured out.

Renegade
07-10-2011, 02:38 PM
i tried to make editor for this game, but it wont be easy... the structure is weard and need to be figured out.I would have done one already, is easy, However 8Ball called dibs on making an editor, So let him.

MountaindewM
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
It is like if you hack it after you have gotten to far into the game it just can't be hacked anymore. I have not done extensive testing but after playing a few more missions my credits still have not shown up. Hopefully one of the experts at figuring these problems out can figure it out. I mean normally if it moves it's not a big deal but this time it just isn't there. I tried unzipping it and looking in them files. I tried to extract the file from the container and do it that way but nothing in that file. Got me stumped.

8Ball
07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I would have done one already, is easy, However 8Ball called dibs on making an editor, So let him.

Well thanks for noticing my dibs but after poking around i 'm at a state of 'fuck dat shit'. I literally turned up nothing, i even tried a comparison against the ps3 version which must be encrypted and/or compressed because that save had literally no relevant values in it.
I was expecting the mapping to be a lot similar to the first one but nevermind, i mainly called the dibs so i could powerup my existing edf editor but they arent similar enough.

Jappi88
07-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Well thanks for noticing my dibs but after poking around i 'm at a state of 'fuck dat shit'. I literally turned up nothing, i even tried a comparison against the ps3 version which must be encrypted and/or compressed because that save had literally no relevant values in it.
I was expecting the mapping to be a lot similar to the first one but nevermind, i mainly called the dibs so i could powerup my existing edf editor but they arent similar enough.

that was my point... i had the game for 10 minutes, i looked over the save and compared a few. then i realized to better invest my time in something else, cause this game sucks...

MountaindewM
07-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I personally like the game. It gets alot better once you play with certain weapons for a certain class. I am just stumped on how to even hack the game now that I did it easily the first time. I mean I checked my value later a few times and it didn't really move but the once and it was still in the save but now it is gone.

69bigplayer69
07-11-2011, 05:52 AM
ya mabey it like castlevania same thing

MountaindewM
07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Well if I remember Castlevania didn't it only allow you to hack it once in a while? I know this the problem is the value disappeared from where it was previously and now the value just can't be found. I am still working on it. It might be one of them things where it will work sometimes but not all the time. I am hoping at least. Game is fun either way but it takes alot of extra money to buy everything. At least when you reach Rank 7 and all the weapons are unlocked except the Pesticide guns.

69bigplayer69
07-12-2011, 04:00 AM
ya i found a way to farm u get 65550 max exp doesnt take 2long (HARD ONLY)

step 1.- need 850000 rockect launcher, (ARMACHD REAHMAR V
2- CHAPTER 3-2 (BUSY WORKS)
3 KILL ALL AT START
4 DONT KILL THE ANT HOLES THAT UR EXP GIVER !!! :) (WITH MINES)
5. STAY IN BACK BEHIND THE MECH AND TANK THAT FAR ENOUGH. THEN LET THE ROCKET FLY!!. ENJOY
6.TAPE UR FIRE BUTTON OR WHATERVER U DO AND WALK AWAY COME BACK LOOK AT IT.
7. AFTER U MAX OUT (IS THE VERY TRICKY PART IS NOT 2 DIE!! LOL TAKE UR TIME AND RUN THE F@@ AWAY IF NEED TO BE LOL)
8. THEN WHEN U BEAT IT U BE VERY HAPPYY :))))
9. HAPPY HUNTTING AND BUG KILLING,( PLUS WORKS FOR UR ACH!!
10. IF U HAVE ANY QUESTION HIT ME UP gt-BIGPLAYER69

TIME- IS ABOUT 1000 EXP PER 1MINS AND HALF MINS

AoshichanX
07-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Click HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/?3f5fy5p9dys18p6) for my GameSave.

1 Billion credits.

SUPER thanks to MountaindewM (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?4210-Earth-Defence-Force-Insect-Armageddon-Credits%28working-on-more%29&p=23988#post23988)

My Notes:

best to hex edit before 1-3
hex edited a bit later in the game, could not find values so reverted to earliest save I had which was right on 1-3

http://i51.tinypic.com/ictuuc.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/vpf4b8.jpg

Pwnu2noob
07-12-2011, 05:17 AM
It could be separated into -4- files because there are 4 different classes of characters to keep stats on (Battle, Jet, Tactical, & Trooper). I did manage to max out my experience for the Battle character. I haven't messed with the credits yet. I'll post some more tomorrow. Hope this helps.

mycosynth
07-12-2011, 11:21 AM
idk if i have figured anything out or not but with aosh's save i found that the cr hex is under the address 0000D0B0 starting at row 5 here u can find his hex of 4597B800 now if the address is exactly 0000D0B0 row 5 for his save should it be the same for ours? havent tested it yet can anyone try?

69bigplayer69
07-13-2011, 02:49 AM
how did u mod it i did the same thing with different amount and nothing came up?

Daimashin
07-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Is it possible to mod the exp other than the credits? Grinding in this game is really tiring lol.

MountaindewM
07-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I have yet to find anything for exp. I am still working on this game here and there but it's sort of a pain in the ass. I am gonna try my newest save where I have the game beaten on Inferno. I have like almost 700k credits again so earning credits is easy to do once you are Rank 8. Gonna see what I can find as far as class exp and credits.

What I want to hack is the survive 500 waves since that is gonna take forever.

Pwnu2noob
07-15-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm pulling up the file again tonight. I'll post the locations of the exp

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/Bonecollektor/a7b1d566.jpg

curt_dawg21
07-15-2011, 02:02 AM
SWEET!! thats the best thing ive heard all day

Daimashin
07-15-2011, 03:36 AM
Awesome! Really tired of farming the same level over and over again.

MountaindewM
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
What type of value is the Exp stored in and is it in any of the compressed files that you can unzip using Offzip/Packzip? Anyway I hope this isn't like the Credits where it don't work all the time.

curt_dawg21
07-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm pulling up the file again tonight. I'll post the locations of the exp

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/Bonecollektor/a7b1d566.jpg

that would have been yesterday right??? or did you mean u'll do it tomarrow, which would be today???
3 days and still nothing?? dang

NeoRizer
07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Is there any way you can just hex edit your save so that all the armors are on level 8 with lots of credits and then upload it? It would probably make more sense than having all of us try to edit our existing save files...

curt_dawg21
07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Is there any way you can just hex edit your save so that all the armors are on level 8 with lots of credits and then upload it? It would probably make more sense than having all of us try to edit our existing save files...
thats the plan but we are haveing troubles finding the offset locations for the exp/classes, and can only find the creds if you are no futher than chaper 1 lvl 3. anytime after that seems to be no where to be found

Pwnu2noob
07-19-2011, 12:48 AM
sorry guys I've been really busy at work. I haven't had a chance to do much of anything. I'm working on it tonight though. I'm trying to figure it all out and put together a tutorial. The code is weird, very weird to be honest. I did make a copy of the modified game file so that will help me retrace my steps.

All i did was extract the 0000000.sav (or whatever) from the .bin file. Then using the Base converter set to float(32) i searched for my characters exp. replaced it with 4B189680 (10,000,000), save, rehash & resign. What's strange so far is that the values are not always at the same location for modification. And when searching for particular values with lower exp they are showing up in multiple locations. I'm going to do some run testing tonight and see if I can figure out what is going on. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the file is looking at the last character used and possibly storing lower exp numbers in a different manner than it does float(32) numbers. I don't know. Does that even make sense? lol! well guys, I'm working on it, I'll post as soon as I can.

also, the character I modded was a lot higher exp originally than any of the other characters. I'm going to try and rank one of the others up and see if that makes a difference when searching for the right memory location.

Renegade
07-19-2011, 01:07 AM
that would have been yesterday right??? or did you mean u'll do it tomarrow, which would be today???
3 days and still nothing?? dangHave some bloody patience, We don't just pop this shit out of our asses, These things take time, If you're not going to contribute in any way, Shut up and wait for Mountain and Pwnu2noob to research the game a little more. Good things come to those who wait.

Pwnu2noob
07-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Well I tried several different options tonight but, I'm not having much luck. I did notice that the only time values start to show up in the .sav file is when all of the characters are unlocked. The only characters who's values start to show are the Battle character for some reason. Until I have some more time to play with it I would be glad to upload what I have for now. Of course....as you can see I'm fairly new so can someone walk me through how to do that please? LOL! If someone will leave me a quick "how to" I'll post the gamesave by tomorrow.

later.

Game Wizard
07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Well I tried several different options tonight but, I'm not having much luck. I did notice that the only time values start to show up in the .sav file is when all of the characters are unlocked. The only characters who's values start to show are the Battle character for some reason. Until I have some more time to play with it I would be glad to upload what I have for now. Of course....as you can see I'm fairly new so can someone walk me through how to do that please? LOL! If someone will leave me a quick "how to" I'll post the gamesave by tomorrow.

later.

If u have a usb it is the same process just different programs:)

First put ur save on device u will be connecting to pc
then either download Xport 360 if u using hard driveor modio/horizon for usb
open program click partition 3 content go to insect armagedon right click on ur save file have to find it first :P extract file then drag in win rar and then upload to site

Pwnu2noob
07-19-2011, 05:30 AM

Hopefully this works! LOL!

If someone will verify this file I will post it into the gamesaves thread. I'll continue to work on it and see if I can't get this thing figured out. need sleep.

NeoRizer
07-19-2011, 11:40 PM

Hopefully this works! LOL!

If someone will verify this file I will post it into the gamesaves thread. I'll continue to work on it and see if I can't get this thing figured out. need sleep.

I just tried the file out, it's too small to be the contentdata.bin file and after loading my I.D. and rehashing/resigning the file is corrupted on load up. The file should be 288kb but this one is only 72kb...not sure what's up with that, maybe you just uploaded the unpacked save data? Could you maybe upload the entire file because I don't know how to do that re-pack/unpack stuff or whatever it is...it's just extra steps that could be avoided if you uploaded the entire thing. Thanks again though for taking the time to mess with the file. Even if I just had the battle armor guy maxed out I'd be happy. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jet Pack guy's pesticide weapon though. ;)

curt_dawg21
07-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Have some bloody patience, We don't just pop this shit out of our asses, These things take time, If you're not going to contribute in any way, Shut up and wait for Mountain and Pwnu2noob to research the game a little more. Good things come to those who wait. well when someone says that they are "going to post the location of the exp tonight" i take it that they will do what they say they are going to do and i thought waiting 3 days before another post was patience.....but anyways i still cant find any values in float32 in either hxd or hex workshop i even tried the 2 files you get when using packageI/O. hmmm for a not so popular game they sure did go all out on the protection lol

curt_dawg21
07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
ok so i injected the .sav into my content.bin and this is what i got....
battle armor is maxed
jet armor is lvl 2 1895xp
tactical armor is lvl 2 2045xp
trooper armor is lvl 2 2315xp
and it has a total of
6970 creds

Pwnu2noob
07-20-2011, 04:04 AM
yeah that's the modded file. I never played around with the credits. Or did anything else with the other characters yet.

curt_dawg21
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I just tried the file out, it's too small to be the contentdata.bin file and after loading my I.D. and rehashing/resigning the file is corrupted on load up. The file should be 288kb but this one is only 72kb...not sure what's up with that, maybe you just uploaded the unpacked save data? Could you maybe upload the entire file because I don't know how to do that re-pack/unpack stuff or whatever it is...it's just extra steps that could be avoided if you uploaded the entire thing. Thanks again though for taking the time to mess with the file. Even if I just had the battle armor guy maxed out I'd be happy. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jet Pack guy's pesticide weapon though. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ms7tj0j6nvtjdji thanks to guy15 all maxed except battle armor needs like 20,000 more xp

Pwnu2noob
07-26-2011, 05:13 AM
nice! i'll have to check it out!