PDA

View Full Version : Playing games off of hard drive without disk?

CodyMP
09-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Is there a way to install games on your hard drive and then play them without a disk on an unmodded 360? I'm lazy and don't like getting up to swap out disk when I want to play another game...

Twis7eD
09-09-2011, 04:37 AM
No, there is not.

jCrossley
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
There is a way if you're using a JTAG XBOX but I don't know if it's proper to talk about it here, since it involves a bit of piracy and illegal stuff and all.

BANGEM
09-10-2011, 01:36 AM
its called Games on Demand ,or have a Jtag

Renegade
09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
its called Games on Demand ,or have a JtagIf he's referring to "Not needing to swap discs" then it's obviously not a GOD game...

@OP - Microsoft are not stupid, Sure they let you install the game to the HDD, to restrain stress on the laser, for longer life, However, If they were that dumb to pull a stunt like that, They would open up more paths to Piracy, Their goal is to stop flashed drives at all costs, Not make it easier for people. When installing a game to the HDD, The reason it needs a disc in the drive, is because it has to read the signature, it then executes the game if it returns a valid signature, So no there is no way to play off HDD without the disc, Unless of course you do invest in a "JTAG" applied console.

pureIso
09-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I want a universal signature disc....!!!

Jappi88
09-10-2011, 03:01 PM
there is one way.... XkeY (http://xk3y.com/)

Renegade
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
there is one way.... XkeY (http://xk3y.com/)You still need to obtain your DVD keys, there fore would have to "modify" your DVD drive to extract the keys.

Jappi88
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM
You still need to obtain your DVD keys, there fore would have to "modify" your DVD drive to extract the keys.

exactly, maybe for him the only way...

pureIso
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
When is xKey meant to be released? It keeps getting delayed :O

Shinigami
09-26-2011, 03:18 AM
i don't think it easy as it sound. Might have to create some type of boot disc.

DnAngel
09-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Actually GOD games don't require a disk to be run. You can simply run them off hdd. All you need do is transfer them their in the right directory. I've done this with a few GOD games.

Emerald Lance
09-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait. What is this Xkey thing? And how come I've never heard about it? Do tell, as you've now piqued my interest. ^-^

wholeshow
09-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait. What is this Xkey thing? And how come I've never heard about it? Do tell, as you've now piqued my interest. ^-^

Google? Just saying.

Xkey has been in development/delayed for years now. And for what they are they're going to be expensive.

Vulnavia
09-30-2011, 05:26 AM
I find it annoying too and i'm sure there is a way for M$ to manage it, one Solution would be to lock the Game on that Console after installing it, so that this Disc can't be installed on HDD again nor played from Disc by another Console. This way no open Path to install it and then sell the Disc or Things like that and no need to insert that Disc for playing it from your HDD.

Its like a sort of converting Games into Game on Demand while installing it on HDD, the only Problem is to identify the specific Disc, but i'm sure they have something like an Serialnumber or so which can be used to identify it.

Well, of course this would only work online, so probably it would be still possible to play that Game on another Console Offline after installing it on HDD on another, but by making it only possible to install it on HDD while you are Online would is the Solution, and to be 100% sure simply make the HDD-Installation expire, so that you need to reinsert the Disc to play after 3 Months, so that you still will need the Disc and not selling it...

Because is understand the annoyance, i want to start up the Console and then spontan decide which of my installed Games i start up now, without the hassle of first take out the one in the Drive, searching the right Disc and put it in, to finally start playing, because else i probably already lost the lust to play the Game i wanted before, yeah sometimes i simply shutdown the XBox instead of swapping the f*****g Disc.

I understand that M$ don't want People to install it on HDD and then sell or giving away the Disc or worser many Installs from the one Discs, but i also want to play without the f*****g Disc, so its up to them to find a Solution that the first is not possible but the second is fullfilled.

And anyway the HDD is not unlimited, so sooner or later i have to delete Games anyway to make free Space, so the HDD-Install-Expire Solution would be ok for me, and this with the other Protections would make the other Things almost impossible for unmoded Boxes. And the one that was mod, well they anyway don't have any such Restrictions, so its again only punishing the legit Clients.

Its simple, i want a Solution for that and i don't care about the other Issues, its the Problem of M$ to find a Solution to make both Happy not mine... :-l

Jonny
11-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Author, how guys said, you need JTAG or RGH to play without disc, but you can't enter LIVE 'coz it's 100% ban.

P.S. you buying games or you have cfw on your xbox?