PDA

View Full Version : Braid creator has heard Wii U “has a lot more RAM”

longy999
09-28-2011, 02:21 AM
There’s absolutely no way that Jonathan Blow’s new game, The Witness, could come to the Wii. The console is simply much too underpowered to handle the title. On the bright side, there is some hope for the future.

Regarding Wii U, Blow has apparently heard that it “has a lot more RAM” compared to current gen consoles. The comment was made when he was asked what he’d like to see in the next round of hardware.

“For this type of game, I do wish the new generation of consoles had come out by now. Even if it only meant slightly faster graphics processor and a lot more RAM. Because having more memory would make a huge difference to being able to bring a game like this to a console. It makes it much easier. When you look at the Wii U, I’m told it has a lot more RAM – that would be wonderful, although I’m unsure about that platform for other reasons, especially in light of the iPad. If that console succeeds, it would be a nicer place to bring the game than the 360, if only because it has more RAM.”

Perhaps Blow will consider creating a game for Wii U in the future… or perhaps he’ll think about bringing The Witness to Nintendo’s upcoming console…