PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Defenders Hex Editing?????

BennyT1132
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Id Like To Know Why You Can Never Find A Tutorial Thats Worthwhile On hex editing. You See all these things that say tutorial but when you get there is a picture or just like 5-10 step of do this and then that like its the easiest thing and then viola have fun modding. i Know im not the only one either that finds it rather difficult to hex anything?

Idlehands88
11-07-2011, 02:27 AM
That`s because the tutorials are for those that know the basics to modding. People that post tutorials are only posting tutorials for that specific game, they don`t want to post the same tutorial over and over again. If you can`t do it, dont...

BennyT1132
11-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Well what im getting at is not everyone knows the basics. So why isnt there a video for the basics and ive look at other things and then tried to switch over to a different game and its not the same.

Countryboy
11-07-2011, 02:55 AM
If you dont even know the basics then why dont you learn there are plenty of tutorials on this site alone that will teach you many things about development and hex editing if you cannot understand the tutorial then go to youtube or find a video tutorial of it there's hundreds on there you should be able to follow at least one you'll have to learn it eventually and btw 5-10 steps should be enough for anyone to understand it and if u dont want to learn then you WILL be left behind bcuz there is not always a simple editor for every game out there...

AOD
11-07-2011, 03:43 AM
i agree, but only about kex editing tutorials, everything else besides hex is easy... just wish there was an example, demonstration or in-depth tutorial on how and where to change stats and other things. the item modding tutorial really isnt that helpful besides telling u which values do what, but there is no where are other characters, what values it will allow u to change without turning the file corrupt... someone needs to just take a video of them extracting, decompressing, editing, compressing, then injecting the file back, thats all i want.

Aluminium
11-22-2011, 01:11 AM
i agree, but only about kex editing tutorials, everything else besides hex is easy... just wish there was an example, demonstration or in-depth tutorial on how and where to change stats and other things. the item modding tutorial really isnt that helpful besides telling u which values do what, but there is no where are other characters, what values it will allow u to change without turning the file corrupt... someone needs to just take a video of them extracting, decompressing, editing, compressing, then injecting the file back, thats all i want.

I can see where you are coming from but that is one of the main points of hex editing. you always save a backup and then play around with the numbers to see what they do and what changes what

Lunch Box Pro
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Why is it everytime I open Hex Workshop it says some shit is missing from the download ....... Even though i donloaded it from various amounts of websites? Help?

Dominus Dolor
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Id like to know how to mod my mana in the bank. like to add 10mill to upgrade everything and then I can rename it and mod it all myself.

Raklik
01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
to be honest it is actually easier to mod multiple armor / weapons to sell for over 15 million to replenish your mana supply to be able to upgrade armor/weapons/pets. I can make weapons that sell for 2.1 billion mana, but problem is there is a natural cap for your bank in game of 15 million mana ( i could be wrong about the natural cap, it probably can be modded as well i just haven't figured out which set is for that yet)

Though if you want a crash course / helping hand while you are hex editing, get at me either on here or on XBL with GT of Raklik , after doing this a couple of days now im starting to see different snippets of code and recognize what things are now the more that i mod. Willing to pass on what i've been able to teach myself over the last week

SSSTONERRR
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Id like to know how to mod my mana in the bank. like to add 10mill to upgrade everything and then I can rename it and mod it all myself.

15 million mana is the max for a mana bank at the moment, but will be raised on the next Update.

to be honest it is actually easier to mod multiple armor / weapons to sell for over 15 million to replenish your mana supply to be able to upgrade armor/weapons/pets. I can make weapons that sell for 2.1 billion mana, but problem is there is a natural cap for your bank in game of 15 million mana ( i could be wrong about the natural cap, it probably can be modded as well i just haven't figured out which set is for that yet)

Though if you want a crash course / helping hand while you are hex editing, get at me either on here or on XBL with GT of Raklik , after doing this a couple of days now im starting to see different snippets of code and recognize what things are now the more that i mod. Willing to pass on what i've been able to teach myself over the last week

If you need help message me and if I'm not busy ill invite u to a party, just say who you are and what you need help with.

CHROME_305
01-21-2012, 12:19 AM

Im going to have to agree with you those tutorials are not really in-depth.I am not new to hexing or making save editors and these tut look insanely confusing.I was going to make a editor for this game, but I cannot follow any of the tuts they.Lol.Yes, I know the offsets are dynamic, but that is not the problem the problem is finding a good tut.

SSSTONERRR
01-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Im going to have to agree with you those tutorials are not really in-depth .I am not new to hexing or making save editors and these tut look insanely confusing.I was going to make a editor for this game, but I cannot follow any of the tuts they.Lol.Yes, I know the offsets are dynamic, but that is not the problem the problem is finding a good tut.

Its not the fact that the tutorials are confusing, its the face you need to change your bytes array shown if its not 00-0F so you can effectively see what you are editing, with out getting overly confused- like any modding you need to get use to the game save, then it becomes easier, and easier to mod.

CHROME_305
01-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Its not the fact that the tutorials are confusing, its the face you need to change your bytes array shown if its not 00-0F so you can effectively see what you are editing, with out getting overly confused- like any modding you need to get use to the game save, then it becomes easier, and easier to mod.

I real good at modding tho.I released a couple tools my self.The problem is I want to make a editor for everyone ,but I cant find one single tut out of the many released that I should follow.I read the tut and looked at the picture and understand hex bytes etc etc ,but from my perspective the tut should all ways start with the first editable item not jump in-between.I say this because I don't have the game and I am as confused as those with the game.

Raklik
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?9651-Dungeon-Defenders-item-and-charecter-modding-**complete**&highlight=dungeon+defenders is the complete tutorial compilation of all the side tutorials out there. As Ssstonerrr said though, the tuts are there to help those with a base knowledge to figure out how to do this. This isn't a first grade class on modding and a hold your hand though every process style deal. If you are not literate with computers, you probably shouldn't be trying to mod the game. There is no way to start with the first "editable" item either like other games. You have to decipher the hex code and figure it out. It's just an easy change a couple numbers around and I'm the new god mode on DD. I've been helping/training one guy right now, and after a week we are now finally getting to character modding as he's now getting comfortable with finding and modding items individually.

with offsets though, for armor and items they start at 7f for hex placement. 7f == 0 on items/armor/weapons while ff == 128
for chararcters though it is different, they actually start at 0 compared to -128.

HxCCody
01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doMqWwIHKc

That was the first video I ever watched on modding, and it helped me get a foothold in modding. It can be crazy at first, but just read, read, and then re-read. I watched that video and read the TuTs on here 5 or 6 times before I even STARTED attempting to mod. However, there's only so much you can learn from reading and watching. Eventually you'll have to start doing it yourself and once you start tinkering around and experimenting, it gets easier.

SSSTONERRR
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
I real good at modding tho.I released a couple tools my self.The problem is I want to make a editor for everyone ,but I cant find one single tut out of the many released that I should follow.I read the tut and looked at the picture and understand hex bytes etc etc ,but from my perspective the tut should all ways start with the first editable item not jump in-between.I say this because I don't have the game and I am as confused as those with the game.

I can see were your are coming from, trying to help the community by making a modding tool for Dungeon Defenders, but honestly it isn't the hardest game to mod via Hex editors, it may seem a bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it its easy.

And if you are still planning on making a modding tool (whether it be for online or offline play) you may want to wait for the update coming with in the next month (supposedly it will be on Jan. 24th but you never know) since they MAY add a VAC system to cap the modding potential, but regardless they will be adding several items/weapons/pets from the DLC that was released last month

kentaXmarasume
01-29-2012, 04:02 AM
you could try my brand new tut i made yesterday ish and posted today
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?9877-%2ATUTORIAL%2A-Blonde-tutorial-for-DD-item-modding-%28anyone-can-do-it%29

Santa
03-29-2012, 06:00 AM
If not everyone knows the basics that's why there are more experienced modders offering help .