PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*

SSSTONERRR
12-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I want to know if you want the character modding to be released, or not.

~~~~SSSTONERRR~~~~

You can release it.

I am willing to help, but I am NOT going to do any modding for you. Do not ask how to open dd.exe, how to decomress, compress, or for modded weapons... i will ignore you!!

I am NOT responsible for any lost data, corrupted data, banned accounts/consoles, or sanity lost in the process of using the information below.
If you post this picture, or any tutorial incorporating this picture, or any modified pictures, please give me credit.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6514/ddcharactermoddingv2.jpg

^additional information found would help the community and will be added when I get time, pm me additional info^

>>>Change you byte array to 00-0F if you are comparing your game save to Idlehands88's picture or mine!<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hero Information

The maximum positive Hex value is 7F FF FF FF is equivalent to 2,147,483,647

Here's a little help getting started with your Level/Skill Point modding.
{ (Level) x 4 } + 19 = Total Skill Points
...for example...
(1,000,000 x 4) + 19 = 4,000,019
Make sure to keep your Player stats, Abilities, and Tower stats combined UNDER your unique Total Skill Points, or your Character(s) that are over it WILL be RESET to level 0, and the amount of experience will decide what amount of Skill Points, maxing out at level 70 (299 Skill Points)

Keep your Tower Attack Speed low enough to keep your characters towers so they do not shot faster than .02 shots per second, it will nullify the Tower and make it as useful as a 'Magical Barricade'

~~~~Also take in to consideration, the HIGHER the level of your character and amount of skill points, the LONGER it will take your XBOX 360 to load your save (at 'Select Save Device')~~~~
Load time for ONE character under level 2,500,000 is about 5-15 seconds. (depending on your USB/HDD/MU)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Color Information
[For characters AND Weapon]
When I say "in game" I mean when you can select your colors for your characters appearance.

Brightest (Edited in game) Color Hex is 3F 80 00 00
Darkest (Edited in game) Color Hex is 3D CC CC CD
^This may not be exact depending on what color/location (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary) you are looking at, but will be close^
Brightest (Mod-able [Tried]) Color Hex is 48 A0 00 00
Darkest (Mod-able [Tried]) Color Hex is FF 80 00 00
Bright Glow- 48 A0 00 00
Bright, little/no Glow- 40 A0 00 00
Black-3D 00 00 00 (or just put 00 00 00 00)
Pitch Black- FF 80 00 00

**Yes- if you haven't noticed the "Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Glow" (float) Bytes actually do not affect the coloring/ intensity of the colors, they are simply a Place folder, or may as well be This is ALSO true in the case of weapons, the "Glow" effect is based off the intensity of the colors**

Knowing that the effective range of color is from 48 A0 00 00 to 3D 00 00 00 so if you want a different intensity to a color that is not listed you need to figure that out via "trial & error"

The colors you can make easily... (look at a color wheel)
Red- Red only
Green- Green only
Blue- Blue only
Yellow- Red + Green
Purple- Red + Blue
Cyan/Teal- Green + Blue
Other colors are a combination of the 3 main colors in the game, and can be created via "trial & error"
^Just go and make a NEW character and make the color you want, then copy the color hex values to your weapon/another character^

Weapon information

If you are talking about the Default colors for a weapon (Example- a Pink "High Five" bought from the store) those colors are in the Primary and Secondary Colors (Int8) and range from 01 to 0A (as far as I know, it might be 0F)
Download DD Character Modding v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?xj1aic5ksvyk1zc

Please take the time to read the comments before asking questions, you'd be surprised how much Information is talked about!

Pressing "Thanks" goes along way, whether I helped you personally, or just the information on my tutorial.
See you on Dungeon Defenders!

""\_(`-`)_/"" SSSTONERRR ""\_(`-`)_/""

Leetraw
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Good Tutorial Thanks Dude This Really Helped Me!:bigsmile2:

SSSTONERRR
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Good Tutorial Thanks Dude This Really Helped Me!:bigsmile2:

Yep no problem, if you got any questions message me on xbl

Zalbrexyu
12-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Thnks for all ur help bro both on here and online. really appreciate it hepled a ton great tutorial btw

SSSTONERRR
12-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Updated picture- Primary, secondary, and tertiary colors/glows added

cyber7
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
".02 shots per second" , you mean 0.2 per second right? Ive tried with 00 00 01 FF and 00 00 02 FF for fire rate, but cant get it to go much faster than 0.2.., before that I had 00 7F FF FF :P and yeah, the towers were as useful as the apprentice magic barrier :P

got a hex code for max fire rate in your opinion?

SpaceBass
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
".02 shots per second" , you mean 0.2 per second right? Ive tried with 00 00 01 FF and 00 00 02 FF for fire rate, but cant get it to go much faster than 0.2.., before that I had 00 7F FF FF :P and yeah, the towers were as useful as the apprentice magic barrier :P

That is indeed what he meant, the towers fire rate can exceed 0.2 but any farther then that it will not function correctly as you said :)

SSSTONERRR
12-20-2011, 12:50 AM

I am talking about your in game attack speed (shots/second) of your towers, with the apprentice it is 17-18k attack speed (total attack speed including equipment) so for the apprentice it would be 00 00 42 68

EDIT- the apprentice can go to 50k shot/second, then after it breaks the towers, the squire is 15-18k attack speed

SSSTONERRR
12-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Additional information added, hope it helps!

UneasySpecter
12-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Which number per set do we change and does the total have to equal the amount of total skill points?

Edit: Okay so the color code worked fine for my apprentice and i didnt really understand the calculations of the skill points so i copied the picture. It reset to 0 but gave me enough exp for level 9 so i guess i just need to edit the remaining zero sets in the character sets or no?

2ndEdit: I copied the character stats from my level 96 squire to my apprentice and it reset it to level 0 once again but then gave me enough exp for level 10 o.0

bradleg
12-21-2011, 09:20 PM
im a little bit confused, it keeps resetting my character level to 0 each time i go over 70 on a stat. help will be useful

SSSTONERRR
12-21-2011, 10:42 PM
im a little bit confused, it keeps resetting my character level to 0 each time i go over 70 on a stat. help will be useful

Like I said you need to change your character level to add more than 299 skill points. then add your skill points you haven't added yet.

Which number per set do we change and does the total have to equal the amount of total skill points?

Edit: Okay so the color code worked fine for my apprentice and i didnt really understand the calculations of the skill points so i copied the picture. It reset to 0 but gave me enough exp for level 9 so i guess i just need to edit the remaining zero sets in the character sets or no?

2ndEdit: I copied the character stats from my level 96 squire to my apprentice and it reset it to level 0 once again but then gave me enough exp for level 10 o.0

I'm guessing both of you weren't editing your game save correctly, you need to choose a Total level and then convert it into hex (just use a calculator) then you need to figure out how many skill points you can to place... (look @ thread to find conversion)

What level are you trying to change your character to?

UneasySpecter
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Level 210 im at 96 already

SSSTONERRR
12-23-2011, 02:22 AM
level 210 (00 00 00 D2 in hex) your total skill points 859 (210 x 4 + 19= 859) so you need to zero out your hero stats (all of them, character skills, abilities, and tower stats) then place your 859 skill points, if you can't figure out how to do that, you shouldn't be trying to modify your characters.

Since I have shown you how to do that twice now...

UneasySpecter
12-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Thanks man i got it ! :-c *hats off*

SSSTONERRR
12-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks man i got it ! :-c *hats off*

Ok good haha, because the math was done right, I'm guessing you zero'd out the Stats before adding your new total on skill points?

I8AB2Day
12-24-2011, 02:54 PM
*_+ do I have to whip out my turbo controller, or can I just manually add in all the stats with hex? If I stop being lazy and hex edit my character, I might as well be lazy when doing it xD
I'm lookin' to go about 1mil on all 4 characters, so that is a lot of button pressing (or in my case, waiting), and you can just tell me later on the 360 if you don't wanna make it too easy for people.

If you actually want to prevent people from causing their heads to explode, then I think these few things might help:

Any idea how many points it takes to break a tower's attack rate?
Will it help if we purchase a restat before we hex edit?
What happens to our modded character after we purchase a restat?
Is the hex code for mana in the picture, and if not, where is it?
(QUOTE=Bog x kills) what do all these numbers mean (/QUOTE)
^ lol just kidding ^

I will always be willing to answer any questions given to me on the 360, so send me a message! I answer everybody very quickly :-c

Idlehands88
12-24-2011, 07:16 PM
*_+ do I have to whip out my turbo controller, or can I just manually add in all the stats with hex? If I stop being lazy and hex edit my character, I might as well be lazy when doing it xD
I'm lookin' to go about 1mil on all 4 characters, so that is a lot of button pressing (or in my case, waiting), and you can just tell me later on the 360 if you don't wanna make it too easy for people.

If you actually want to prevent people from causing their heads to explode, then I think these few things might help:

^ lol just kidding ^

I will always be willing to answer any questions given to me on the 360, so send me a message! I answer everybody very quickly :-c

Yes you can just manually mod each stat to what you want them to be. I have my character set to 10mil. For my stats I have 10mil in each Tower stat (3 stats) except for Radius on my Huntress and Monk and Fire Rate on Squire and Apprentice as that will just break the towers lol. Then I have 9.5mil in Hero Health and 50k in all other Hero Stats/Abilities and 5k in Radius or Fire Rate.

SSSTONERRR
12-24-2011, 10:17 PM

^ lol just kidding ^

it would b smart NOT to buy a restat before so you have at least some comparable 'benchmarks' to relate to.
If you buy a restat once your character is modded (in level, and stats) it will reset to the level equivalent to the amount of experience you have, maxing at level 70 (right now, ther is going to be a patch/update to increase the maximum level)
the max mana is not in this picture, BUT the amount your character can hold is linked/connected to the level of your character (in game, not Tavern).

As for your question of adding skill points in game, that is not possible with a modded level, you need to add them you your save then your are modding your level. You can have less skill points than your max on your character (example- if you have a level 1million you would have 4,000,019 skill points [total] so you can have 4million added and have 19 left over, and you will not reset your character then you load your gavesave, but they will NOT pop up in game to be distributed)

As for when your towers break, i know the Mage's breaks around 17,000-18,000 (total attack rate), but I usually keep my attack rate of my huntress and squire around 10,000 (00 00 27 10 in hex) I haven't modded a monk yet. so i can't tell you on that one :s

enjoythebuttterbake
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
As for when your towers break, i know the Mage's breaks around 17,000-18,000 (total attack rate), but I usually keep my attack rate of my huntress and squire around 10,000 (00 00 27 10 in hex) I haven't modded a monk yet. so i can't tell you on that one :s

For Monk Tower Radius, I'd recommend keeping the radius to 1,000 or less. Anything bigger and you are going a bit overkill to the point where it's hard to even find a large enough area to place a tower orb. Even at 1,000 they are are fairly large.

SSSTONERRR
12-27-2011, 01:40 PM
To be honest it wouldn't matter if you were offline, your levels are still logged in your save, so if you as much as log online with the game save it will be uploaded to the servers, and Trendy will more than likely just reset modded gamesaves, and with ANY modification (to a gamesave, account, or xbox) has the chance of being reset/banned that is the risk every one takes...

As for Microsoft banning people for game save modding they won't take any action for that... They would ban over half of the Xbox Community if they started doing that. its just Trendy we need to worry about, and the worst thing they can do is ban you from the server, which is unlikely.

Besides more than likely when they do implement a patch/fix the are gonig to add a VAC system to delete any items that surpass the in-game damage/stats/resistances they choose to cap out at...

SSSTONERRR
12-28-2011, 09:07 AM
For Monk Tower Radius, I'd recommend keeping the radius to 1,000 or less. Anything bigger and you are going a bit overkill to the point where it's hard to even find a large enough area to place a tower orb. Even at 1,000 they are are fairly large.

If you ask me 500 is big enough for auras lol, or 250 for that matter.

Edit: sorry for double post...

Mattz0r
12-31-2011, 03:27 AM
thanks very much my mate has been bugging me for this great job keep up the good work dude

hint-maybe do something with mass effect 3 when its released in march
:)

Preet
01-08-2012, 01:50 AM
you havent told us what codes to put in... like how do u know wht code to put in for level 1000?

SSSTONERRR
01-08-2012, 06:16 PM
you havent told us what codes to put in... like how do u know wht code to put in for level 1000?

You should be able to figure out what level you want and convert it into the hex value...

level 1000 is 00 00 03 E8

bepabr
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
how exactly do you work out what code to put in ? for example the code for level 70 would be what ? i understand most off this just dont get how to calculate the code to put in

SSSTONERRR
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
how exactly do you work out what code to put in ? for example the code for level 70 would be what ? i understand most off this just dont get how to calculate the code to put in

use a calculator to convert the regular decimal number (what the game displays to the person playing the game) to convert it into a Hex value... and replace your level with the new one you chose.

bepabr
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
ok i think i no what to put in now so if i wanted to change my level to 70 i would put in 00 00 00 46 as 70 is 46 in hex. sound about right ?

SSSTONERRR
01-09-2012, 04:05 AM
ok i think i no what to put in now so if i wanted to change my level to 70 i would put in 00 00 00 46 as 70 is 46 in hex. sound about right ?

Correct, 70 does convert into 00 00 00 46, but you can also surpass level 70 if you mod your level past it, and add your skill points while in your hex editor.

bepabr
01-09-2012, 07:19 AM
ok i have modded my level to 70 and my experience but i still dont have my skill points available ? any ideas why i was 63 before modding

bepabr
01-09-2012, 07:35 AM
dont matter now lol i figured out why by reading your previous comment and then it hit me in the face :P im guessing i have to manually edit the stats to what i want them to be in hex edit to the stats i want, and i know you can go past 70 but i like being sort of legit lol just cba going through 70 more levels so thought why not ;) any ways thank you for the help :D

SSSTONERRR
01-10-2012, 02:01 AM
dont matter now lol i figured out why by reading your previous comment and then it hit me in the face :P im guessing i have to manually edit the stats to what i want them to be in hex edit to the stats i want, and i know you can go past 70 but i like being sort of legit lol just cba going through 70 more levels so thought why not ;) any ways thank you for the help :D

Sorry I didn't get back to you, I have been quite busy, but yes you need to manually add (hex edit) you skill points in.

erikomg
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Okay i talked to you yesterday and i was looking on the internet trying to find a good hex decimal calculator and found this chart on colors. http://www.random411.com/html-color-codes-chart-hex-number-palette-rgb-name-sheet%5Cindex.html

Now they only use 3 sets or 6 digit hex and I know there are 8 digits on the hex editor slots on the diagram from idlehands picture. would these still work if i just used these codes with 00 in front of them?

second question. one the chart i was talking about from you and idlehands pictures on editing character and weapons, do i have to change the primaries and the secondaries and the 2 digits slots for item color and item secondary? or just use the primary and secondary with the glows... thats where i am lost on the matter... my luck the answer is in front of my face but. no harm asking....

SSSTONERRR
01-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Okay i talked to you yesterday and i was looking on the internet trying to find a good hex decimal calculator and found this chart on colors. http://www.random411.com/html-color-codes-chart-hex-number-palette-rgb-name-sheet%5Cindex.html

Now they only use 3 sets or 6 digit hex and I know there are 8 digits on the hex editor slots on the diagram from idlehands picture. would these still work if i just used these codes with 00 in front of them?

second question. one the chart i was talking about from you and idlehands pictures on editing character and weapons, do i have to change the primaries and the secondaries and the 2 digits slots for item color and item secondary? or just use the primary and secondary with the glows... thats where i am lost on the matter... my luck the answer is in front of my face but. no harm asking....

The color wheel is only to figure out what color + what color equals the color you want.

you need to add them in the primary/secondary red/green/blue colors, not the 1 byte colors.

Preet
01-14-2012, 06:47 AM
so im back again for help and im wondering where do i get a hex calculator i went all over google and cant figure out how to use one neither the one inside hex workshop maybe you can help me on xbl GT: XxMLGxJattxX thanks bro i would really appreciate it or you can just mod my save if you have the free time 0_o i would love it but just send me a message on how to find the hex calculator thanks :)

cybersam
01-14-2012, 07:04 AM
well... hexworkshop comes with a hex calculator... no matter which version you have...
and besides... if you really can't find the hex workshops calculator use the windows calculator...
open it and change the apearance to "programmer" or something like that... ^-^

SSSTONERRR
01-14-2012, 07:36 AM
well... hexworkshop comes with a hex calculator... no matter which version you have...
and besides... if you really can't find the hex workshops calculator use the windows calculator...
open it and change the apearance to "programmer" or something like that... ^-^

Just search "calc.exe" on your computer, you should have calculator pop up in the results.

But not all windows calculators have the conversion option between decimal and hex... (windows 7 doesn't as far as I know... not 100% sure though)

cybersam
01-14-2012, 07:57 AM
well of corse it does ^-^

but don't expect it to do floats and such
just simple integer conversions ^-^

SomeSkittles
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey my keyboard is broken, so im using the on screen keyboard, so sorry for grammar ahead of time. Id like to know how to change the intensity of a color, on a weapon, i believe i know how to change the colors, im just trying to make it bright. Meaning the hex code im using is 33FF00 which is a bright lime green, i put code into the primary green slot, and then i use the bright glow code, in the primary glow spot, load it up but its just a shade of green, now im wondering because its lime green do i need the same code in the primary blue aswell? any help would be wonderful. :) took me 20 minutes to write that with no keyboard....:(

*Ahh nvm mind I figured it out :)

Raklik
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM
here is a chart that i ended up making last night with char stats that work for modding. Everything is listed from top to bottom in order it goes in while editing to make it even easier for you. Enjoy
---------------------- squ -------------------------- app ----------------------- monk --------------------------- hunt
ply hlth ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60
ply sped ----- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply damg ---- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply castspd -- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 150k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 250k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
twr hlth ----- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr atkspd -- 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------ 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr damg --- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr rang ---- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 750 == 00 00 02 ee ------ 1000 == 00 00 03 e8
character level - 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80

**props to ssstonerrr for helping me out with my noobness in spacing, lol**

SSSTONERRR
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM
here is a chart that i ended up making last night with char stats that work for modding. Everything is listed from top to bottom in order it goes in while editing to make it even easier for you. Enjoy
---------------------- squ -------------------------- app ----------------------- monk --------------------------- hunt
ply hlth ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60
ply sped ----- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply damg ---- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply castspd -- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 150k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 250k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
twr hlth ----- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr atkspd -- 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------ 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr damg --- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr rang ---- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 750 == 00 00 02 ee ------ 1000 == 00 00 03 e8
char lvl ----- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80

**props to SSSTONERRR for helping me out with my noobness in spacing, lol**

Nice chart, buy you did not say what your character levels were, so people might get confused- just saying

dj201123
01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
bow do you lnow how much experience u have for 210

Raklik
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
for level 210 you don't have to worry about experience total. experience will auto adjust itself once you login to game. The only thing you have to worry about hex editing is the character level itself. for level 210 character code with be 00 00 00 D2 and you would have a total of 859 skill points to distribute for your character without them resetting back to 0 again.

ldprimogod
01-24-2012, 01:40 AM
I just want to know about the "item color 1" and "item color 2"

both are 1 byte and I can't find a list anywhere as the what hex codes are what colors..do you happen to have a list that you could share?
I've gotten everything else but this, I'm trying 09 09 but haven't tried it in game to see what color that changes too...

hi5er9
01-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Hey I am having trouble pinpointing where the stats start can u give me a hand?

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Deku
01-24-2012, 05:34 AM

The color wheel is only to figure out what color + what color equals the color you want.

you need to add them in the primary/secondary red/green/blue colors, not the 1 byte colors.

So, you only answered part of his question. I have the same question as him, kinda.

That is where I'm stuck at.

SSSTONERRR
01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey I am having trouble pinpointing where the stats start can u give me a hand?

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Change your byte array from 0-1A to 0-0F and you will be able to find them much easier!

So, you only answered part of his question. I have the same question as him, kinda.

That is where I'm stuck at.

This game is not designed for a 3 or 6 byte color wheel, the color wheel is for you to be able to mix your colors. The game is based off of 3 main colors Red, Green and Blue.

Deku
01-24-2012, 05:59 PM
This game is not designed for a 3 or 6 byte color wheel, the color wheel is for you to be able to mix your colors. The game is based off of 3 main colors Red, Green and Blue.
Nevermind, figured everything out myself.

SSSTONERRR
01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Nevermind, figured everything out myself.
Glad to see that, Dungeon Defenders isn't the hardest game to understand when you are modding, you just need to understand what people mean when there are 3 main colors (Red, Green, and Blue), and the higher the value (in general) the brighter the colors(s) will be!

Deku
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Glad to see that, Dungeon Defenders isn't the hardest game to understand when you are modding, you just need to understand what people mean when there are 3 main colors (Red, Green, and Blue), and the higher the value (in general) the brighter the colors(s) will be!
I understood what you meant, I was just wording what I was saying in a confusing way.

Although, would you happen to know how to make a Orange? I don't quite know how to make the green to where it'll mix with the red to make orange, while making it neon at the same time.

bepabr
01-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi erm i know how to mod everything but i just cant seem to mod the size of my genie and chicken they just become invisable but i can mod my hawk bif and the code i used for that is 40 80 00 00 however when i try to do this to my chicken and my genie they just become invisable so i was wondering if you know a code that will make them very big but not invisable or how i can get a code like this ?

thanks in advance

mrcheffi
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
hi. need a bit of help with the colour hex codes. i understand the best way to get the colour hex code is to create a character with the colour you want and just copy the hex and put it on your gun/weapon. just want to know if 3f 80 00 00/ 40 80 00 00 is a good hex to make a weapon colour glow bright? or can someone post a better one. also am i right in thinking black would be 00 00 00 00 across all the colour hex's and white be ff ff ff ff across all.

mrcheffi
01-26-2012, 10:59 PM
ok found out how to convert it. nevermind.

SSSTONERRR
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi erm i know how to mod everything but i just cant seem to mod the size of my genie and chicken they just become invisable but i can mod my hawk bif and the code i used for that is 40 80 00 00 however when i try to do this to my chicken and my genie they just become invisable so i was wondering if you know a code that will make them very big but not invisable or how i can get a code like this ?

thanks in advance

I personally do not prefer modding weapons/pets to be huge, so i don't know the size for the huge pets the still be visible above ground, sorry....

Deku
01-27-2012, 01:48 AM

thanks in advance
What I found out is, if you make your pet have a lot of upgrades, like 100 or 200, and you keep upgrading it, it'll get huge and still be above ground.

hi. need a bit of help with the colour hex codes. i understand the best way to get the colour hex code is to create a character with the colour you want and just copy the hex and put it on your gun/weapon. just want to know if 3f 80 00 00/ 40 80 00 00 is a good hex to make a weapon colour glow bright? or can someone post a better one. also am i right in thinking black would be 00 00 00 00 across all the colour hex's and white be ff ff ff ff across all.

Try 44 44 00 00 for a bright neon glow. For black, 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 for the RGB. For white, 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00.

SSSTONERRR
01-27-2012, 06:58 AM
What I found out is, if you make your pet have a lot of upgrades, like 100 or 200, and you keep upgrading it, it'll get huge and still be above ground.

Try 44 44 00 00 for a bright neon glow. For black, 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 for the RGB. For white, 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00.

Pitch Black is FF 80 00 00 FF 80 00 00 FF 80 00 00

Deku
01-27-2012, 11:47 PM
I usually get a pretty dark black with 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44 00 00 44 44.

Mass Effect
01-28-2012, 12:07 AM
this is a really fun game....nice tut by the way

Hightower
02-03-2012, 01:11 AM
There is a lot of great information here that I haven't been able to find anywhere on the web! Something that i'm interested in learning is how to change character skins and properties like jump height and such. I'm sure i'm not the only one who would like to learn how to stomp around as an Ogre or how to leap across Mages Quarters with one jump, but all my efforts have resulted in corrupted data :tire: ..... Any thoughts?

Idlehands88
02-03-2012, 02:29 PM

The true Pitch Black is CF 00 00 00 CF 00 00 00 CF 00 00 00

There is a lot of great information here that I haven't been able to find anywhere on the web! Something that i'm interested in learning is how to change character skins and properties like jump height and such. I'm sure i'm not the only one who would like to learn how to stomp around as an Ogre or how to leap across Mages Quarters with one jump, but all my efforts have resulted in corrupted data :tire: ..... Any thoughts?

You can't change your character to an enemy (or unreleased DLC chars) because they didn't program that into the game. You can only play as one of the four characters. As for Properties like Jump Height, that is built into the level itself, meaning that if you want to change it you'd have to extract the game files and mod the maps using the Unreal Dev Kit. However you'd only be able to play the modified game on a JTAG...

v3r
02-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi, Ive currently managed to mod my huntress to level 2mil with maxed out stats, i dont need any help with the coding part but i can not seem to find where the "Player health" data starts for my Squire and apprentice. Can anyone please help, once i know where they are i am capable of modding them. I have uploaded a pic of my modded huntress code if it is any help
Thank you

Full size image link - http://s14.postimage.org/mxcuhoiu9/ddmod.jpg

Hightower
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi, Ive currently managed to mod my huntress to level 2mil with maxed out stats, i dont need any help with the coding part but i can not seem to find where the "Player health" data starts for my Squire and apprentice. Can anyone please help, once i know where they are i am capable of modding them. I have uploaded a pic of my modded huntress code if it is any help
Thank you

In the photo that you've attached, the character data starts after the 01 next to the highlighted portion. your player health is the 00 16 E3 60 right at the beginning.

edit: sometimes this will be a different number. train your eyes to spot it. ex. (.....00 00 00 01 00 16 E3 60 or 00 00 00 08 00 16 E3 60 or ....00 00 00 06 00 16 E3 60)

If you're still having trouble post a picture of your squire hex and we'll figure it out.

v3r
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah I figured it out thanks, now have all my charecters at lvl 2mil.
Shows on the leaderboards as lvl 128 but if people are worried about it you can change to a lvl 70 for the last wave and it shows this on the leaderboards.

Thanks for the help :D

IxCHILL3NxI
02-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Hey Do You Know where To Enter The Codes For Character Level, And Character Color? That Would Be a Huge Help! Thanks

Mastertrist5
02-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Great tutorial pictures really hard to follow im partialy colour blind....

jacob.graves
02-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Hello im kind of new at modding and i want to mod my characters to level 2million.
But i do not quite understand how to do it. If I take a picture can anyone help me
on where to spot the beginning and end?

jacob.graves
02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
^Also could you use paint to circle it or a highlight to highlight it.
I am pretty bad at following directions.
Thanks
P.s for helping im giving 5 mods customly made from me.

XboxRainbowMods
02-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Just so everyone knows.. modding your character level increase load time BUT.. if you leave the character level alone and mod the experience you can mod your character stats as if you were a level 2 million or whatever u want.

efficiency/accuracy for me is important.. I have a question to ask the community... How does the EXPERIENCE break down into usable talent points? If someone can share the equation then no talent point will go wasted =)

Cheers! Nice Tut ssstonerrr =)

http://i.imgur.com/Hixm8.png (http://www.purchasemods.com)Visit my YouTube Channel for More Mod Support (http://www.youtube.com/user/XboxRainbowMods/featured)http://i.imgur.com/Hixm8.png (http://www.purchasemods.com)
(Click Here) (http://www.youtube.com/user/XboxRainbowMods/featured)

dj201123
02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
im just wondering if anyone knows the codes for more items in tavern and item box and where to put them if u tell me it would be greatly appreciated and u may get something back

CaDor
02-27-2012, 01:04 AM
thanks a lot, love the tuts with byte breakdowns

SSSTONERRR
03-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Sorry I have been away for so long... I had my computer overheat and melt the GPU and part of the motherboard, and was not worth fixing. So I scrapped it. I will be back on 360Haven shortly hopefully I am in the process of buying a new computer and swapping out the chipping from my other computer, so expect to see me back 100% hopefully by next weekend... Sorry again!

Ebeeson
03-19-2012, 10:42 PM
For Character Color?? where would that start with Bytes and would basic colors and glows work for that... ..been looking for information on that for a while now

tootlo
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I was wondering what was the code for making a weapon backward its the only code I still need to know

jacob.graves
03-28-2012, 02:37 AM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?11938-Selling-Dungeon-Defenders-mods

19taw
04-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Ok So This Is Confusing, I Dont Know Wat To Edit Or Not, And I Dont Want To Risk Corrupting My Character, So I Ask, Can You Make Like A File I Could Open To Highlight What Hex Codes Are What. I Would Greatly Appreciate It :074:

Snapback
04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Thank you , you helped me out a lot additionally with Santa's tutorial .

yankey1992
04-04-2012, 12:59 AM
What exactly are the Tertiary colors for?

SSSTONERRR
04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
for your character colors there are 3 different colors (tertiary is the 3rd)

19taw
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I Dont Understand How To Mod The Character, Cant You Explain A Littl eMore In Depth Because When I Modded My Apprentice When I Would Try To Load Up My Character It Would Just Stay At The Select Your Device Screen, Any Help?

CalvinDog100
04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey thanks a LOT for all of this this is the only thing i have found on modding characters, so again thanks, cant wait to get started modding my characters.

thegutta
04-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Awesome share thankz

CalvinDog100
04-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Also what program do you use to mod hex?

snooz
04-26-2012, 11:13 PM
has this been patched? because whenever i hit select device it just stays there..... before it used to do the same thing but then it loaded........ this time it does not load.

Supersuddendeath
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
If anyone needs help with DD modding of any sort, you can pm me on here. I've successfully modded character level & stats, colors, and all kinds of items. I'm happy to help as long as the answers to your questions aren't painfully obvious.

Zura
04-30-2012, 05:17 PM
0743414D50474300000000054E6F6E6500000000054E6F6E65 0000000000000000000000003D0913003D09137FFFFFFF003D 0913003D0913003D0913003D0913000042687FFFFFFF003D09 13000F42407FFFFFFF00000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000001700033529000000000000E196000032B800 00D0940000ED713E4CCCCD3E19999A3F8000003F8000003F80 00003D4CCCCD3D4CCCCD3F8000003F4CCCCD3ECCCCCD3E1999 9A3F800000000000000000

I am looking to make a code for level 1,000,000 Hex; 00 0f 42 40 (?) and I was looking through the thread on how to get the hex for stats.. (you said 210 x 4 +19~) where did you get the 4 and the 19? Like, what do they represent? I replaced 210 with 1,000,000 and got 4,000,019 Hex; 00 3d 09 13 (?) I'm unsure what might have went wrong with this code so I will post a screenshot. Please help? Thank you and sorry if I'm being a bother.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Ramman70/Hex.png

Supersuddendeath
04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
0743414D50474300000000054E6F6E6500000000054E6F6E65 0000000000000000000000003D0913003D09137FFFFFFF003D 0913003D0913003D0913003D0913000042687FFFFFFF003D09 13000F42407FFFFFFF00000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000001700033529000000000000E196000032B800 00D0940000ED713E4CCCCD3E19999A3F8000003F8000003F80 00003D4CCCCD3D4CCCCD3F8000003F4CCCCD3ECCCCCD3E1999 9A3F800000000000000000

I am looking to make a code for level 1,000,000 Hex; 00 0f 42 40 (?) and I was looking through the thread on how to get the hex for stats.. (you said 210 x 4 +19~) where did you get the 4 and the 19? Like, what do they represent? I replaced 210 with 1,000,000 and got 4,000,019 Hex; 00 3d 09 13 (?) I'm unsure what might have went wrong with this code so I will post a screenshot. Please help? Thank you and sorry if I'm being a bother.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Ramman70/Hex.png

I checked your hex values and they're correct. Keep in mind that 4,000,019 is the total amount of skill points that you have to spend on your character's statistics if your character is level 1,000,000. I'm not sure if there's really a reason for multiplying your level by 4 and adding 19 to get skill points, that's just how it happens to work out. Your screenshot is hard to figure out, but your problem sounds like you might be putting the hex values in the wrong place. I would recommend using Hex Workshop or HxD and trying to compare your screen with the helpful screenshot posted on the first page. Hope this helps.

Supersuddendeath
04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Also what program do you use to mod hex?
He's using HxD. Hex Workshop works well too.

j0shyd
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
any know how i can mod my character level, im all new to this and the picture just boggled me, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

reject0511
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I love this tutorial, but first thing I should learn is to moderate myself....I went a little bit over board and modded 4 of my characters to level 100,000,000 and it took my game save around 20 minutes to load, super funny seeing squire traps hit for like 350 million, until your game freezes and you have to wait 20 minutes for you save to load again. Thanks for taking you time to put a detailed tutorial together.

AugustusEcnarf
05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
How would I mod my level to 100 and have 1 mil in each stat. My friend has this and have been trying for a long time but he wont help. So... Any help with this is apreciated

UneasySpecter
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
It seems for some reason whenever i replace the dundef with the new rebuild it doesnt work in-game but my values are in exact position as picture

arska
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM
how much exprience i need to put if my hero is 72lvl?
or under 70?

SSSTONERRR
06-18-2012, 04:52 AM
You don't need a certain exp # unless you are trying to get all of the skill points- which you could mod in yourself. just remember if you have a modded level (whether it is a legit level or not if you do not have exp to legitly have the level it will be reset to the level that the exp is linked with.

In short- DON'T reset your skill points by buying it out of the shop.

Zaid
07-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey sorry Stoner but I cannot find my character stats! Sorry, could you help?

Zaid
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Nevermind, I think I got it.

Serious_M
08-02-2012, 08:13 AM
nice tut shared SSSTONERRR

SilverMoon
01-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Edit: I was editting the wrong bytes all along I believe. I finally managed to get it working today. Thanks for the tut. :D
I also don't know how to remove the attached image, sorry for that, it can be ignored now :p

Evansbeast
10-27-2013, 04:33 AM
Yes you should!

merciles45
12-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Good Tutorial Thanks.

Gemcaster
02-20-2017, 04:53 PM
How do you make it so a hero has unlimited Defense untis