PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft aware of Xbox Live profile 'Error 801540B7,' working on fix

jkipp82
12-22-2011, 01:57 AM
We've received complaints about Xbox Live profile errors over the last week.
Subscribers are prevented from downloading their profiles off Live, locking them out of the online network and purchased content. The code we've been tipped on the most is error "801540B7," but we've also seen a similar issue with "80070571," both relating to Live profiles.

We contacted Microsoft to find out if there was a common cause that we could report on and help prevent. We've only heard about these problems since the new Xbox Live dashboard (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/06/psa-xbox-dashboard-update-slightly-delayed/) became available earlier this month.

"We have recently identified an Xbox Live profile data error that results in Error Code '801540B7' for a small number of Xbox Live members. The error instructs users to attempt to re-download their Xbox Live profile and directs them to customer service support for further assistance," a Microsoft spokesperson told Joystiq. "We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to our loyal Xbox Live members and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible."

If you've experienced error "801540B7," or a similar profile error, contact us and describe exactly what happened when the error occurred.

CloudStrife7x
12-22-2011, 02:47 AM
i didnt know about this problem nice to know the are aware of the problem and working on a fix, nice share jkipp :)

longy999
12-22-2011, 02:51 AM
I still haven't updated mine from 13146 yet, keep hearing about little bugs in the latest dash so gonna hold fire for a little while longer yet.

Paprika
12-22-2011, 09:37 AM
glad I haven't had this issue considering I ran the beta dashboard, figured I would be quite susceptible