PDA

View Full Version : Pachter says the Wii U is not next-gen

longy999
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter is firmly under the impression that Wii U isn’t a next generation console which leads him to boldly claim that Microsoft and Sony shouldn’t be worried about the console. Pachter describes the Wii U as an Xbox 360 with a tablet controller that “is likely going to come out at a higher price point than the 360 at the time.”

“…And again, I take a lot of shit for this: their next gen system is a current gen system… But people who go, ‘well what are Microsoft and Sony going to do to catch up with Nintendo?’, they don’t care. Microsoft especially is not afraid of the Wii U. They look at the Wii U as an Xbox 360 with a tablet controller and is gonna likely come out at a higher price point than the 360 at the time.”

“[Wii U has] complicated game design for developers, who can’t figure out if the Wii U will ultimately support only one or multiple controllers.”

“Nintendo is all but assured of limited third party launch support”.

pureIso
01-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I really hope he is wrong because if it's not...Nintendo will be going down.

longy999
01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
I really hope he is wrong because if it's not...Nintendo will be going down.

The old saying ''too little, too late'' comes to mind

CloudStrife7x
01-12-2012, 11:47 PM
cant say i dont agree, until Nintendo can show me that the Wii U is a next gen console which so far they havent

Serious_M
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Fooooooootage , so we can see its next gen or not

cybersam
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
just because it doesn't have a 2k (p) resolution it doesn't mean it can't be a next-gen console...
i mean think about it...
what is going to be a next-gen console?!
a console that does have a resolution of 10x FullHD that no one can even see the difference between that and the FullHD we have atm ?!
is it a console that comes with its own soundsystem already built-in that emulates the latest soundsystems so you can have the feeling of 5.1 or 7.1 without actually having a single box connected to it ?!

or is it going to be the console that first come with a real-life holo projector that can generate holograms like the holodeck in star trek or at least like the holo communication system from star wars ?!

i mean there is no point in going up with the resolution when people won't even have the capabilities to use it as the monitors for those resolution won't be affordable any time soon... well when they are released to the public that is...

and current technologies don't allow for holographic projections... at least not in a desirable way...
so what else can you do ?!... besides start to try to be enovative...
i mean look what ms did out of the PS2's "eye toy"... now you have the kinnect... (i mean they just enhanced the eyetoy with the current technologies)
granted sony was apparently to stupid to do it... ^-^'

and even if the Wii U isn't something that will be called a next-gen console...
people and companies need to understand that games aren't only about graphics... and the devs need to look back when they didn't have capabilities to use these graphics...
(they produced better games instead... )

----------------
enough with me ranting...
i just want to finally get games again that are good and carefully created... and not just focused on graphics and such...