PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 info onslaught begins with Game Informer cover

jkipp82
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/battlefield3530.jpg

Battlefield 3 is about to step out from under DICE's secretive cover -- and onto a magazine cover. The game is featured in the next issue of Game Informer, and the game's official site is expected to host a teaser trailer tomorrow.

The title will utilize DICE's Frostbite 2 engine, which promises numerous visual enhancements (see: deferred rendering, real-time radiosity), a new animation system that originated from EA Sports, and environments that are more destructible than ever before. The developer made it clear today that it had canceled other projects in order to focus on making Battlefield 3 "the best Battlefield game ever."

Battlefield 3 is expected to launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. We're already eager to see how how all that fancy technology holds up across three different platforms.

Paprika
02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Hope it turns out as good as developers are hoping. Just finally got Vietnam Update and loving that so it will be sweet to see how they go about enhancing that

Ninja Twin
02-05-2011, 03:20 AM
I'm sure it will be good. Maps support 64 players on all platforms.

Paprika
02-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm sure it will be good. Maps support 64 players on all platforms.

I'm kinda concerned with the amount of players and EA servers. Today I remembered why I stopped playing Bad Company 2 since the ea servers constantly drop out and thats with 24 players add an extra 20 and unless ea servers are fixed it will be pandemic when it is released.

Granted though HOPEFULLY their servers will be improved prior to release and hold it especially on the PS3 and Xbox