PDA

View Full Version : Darksiders Savegame Crossroads -- All Enhancements + 999900000+ souls +abyssal armor

ariastrasz
01-23-2012, 05:35 AM
I would like to post this save as my first submission for this forum.
After many hours of fruitless game freezing my hexediting has paid me off with what I wanted.

This is a sav file for Darksiders at the crossroads (very beginning of the game) on normal difficulty.
Includes all regular and legendary enhancements, abyssal armor and 999 million souls.

I suggest you play through the beginning of the game until you reach vulgrim, and then load this save.

[Edit] Or not... seems when I try to talk to Vulgrim the game freezes. It was a nice victory while it lasted.

[Ultra edit] Requesting any and all Darksiders savegames. I am looking in particular for a save with any combination of normal/legendary weapon enhancements at any point in the game. Basically I need different saves so I can see how the the data changes at different points in the game so I can come up with a really good beginning save that actually works with zero bullshit/freezing to deal with.
---Ariastrasz

XajNyne
01-23-2012, 05:58 AM
I would like to post this save as my first submission for this forum.
After many hours of fruitless game freezing my hexediting has paid me off with what I wanted.

This is a sav file for Darksiders at the crossroads (very beginning of the game) on normal difficulty.
Includes all regular and legendary enhancements, abyssal armor and 999 million souls.

I suggest you play through the beginning of the game until you reach vulgrim, and then load this save.

[Edit] Or not... seems when I try to talk to Vulgrim the game freezes. It was a nice victory while it lasted.

---Ariastrasz

So does it work or not? No use me downloading it if it's not going to work properly.

ariastrasz
01-24-2012, 02:11 AM
it works great until you talk to vulgrim, its something I'm going to have to figure out, I wouldn't bother with it at this point..sorry for wasting everybodys time.

XajNyne
01-24-2012, 02:53 AM
it works great until you talk to vulgrim, its something I'm going to have to figure out, I wouldn't bother with it at this point..sorry for wasting everybodys time.

OK. Well if you can figure it out that'd be great. I'd like to try this save out eventually. I'll just stand by and wait. You didn't waste anyone's time. At least you tried.

ariastrasz
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
So I think what I will have to do is start a new game on apocalyptic without buying anything but one enhancement from vulgrim, and seeing if I can't simply add the four legendary enhancements on their own. I have tried playing through the game with this save up to as far as samael to see if that would change anything, it hasn't. Going to do it this way since the legendary enhancements render all the normal ones obselete.

XajNyne
01-28-2012, 11:22 PM
So I think what I will have to do is start a new game on apocalyptic without buying anything but one enhancement from vulgrim, and seeing if I can't simply add the four legendary enhancements on their own. I have tried playing through the game with this save up to as far as samael to see if that would change anything, it hasn't. Going to do it this way since the legendary enhancements render all the normal ones obselete.

Great. Let us know how it goes.

ariastrasz
01-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Okay...so here is what I have been doing.

I have 2 save files, one from my earlier save where I had found all of the enhancements, abysall armor, etc, and one completely new save at the point right after you receive the horn from vulgrim. Both are on apocalyptic.

The one that I had thought worked originally, I took data from my first save file starting with the text below:

I then copied the highlighted hex data(do not copy from the text string side, it doesn't copy the same) everything in between weaponenhancements and weapon_enhancements and pasted it into the exact same place in the new file, making sure to overwrite what was previously there.

Then going back to the endgame save file, I copied everything below Weapon_enhancements/common_bane until furysblessing, making sure I stopped right before 53 which corresponds to the S in the text string area, pictured here:

I then overwrote the data in the new save file from bane down to where the S is to signify the beginning of new data.

Save, repack, rehash and resign and then play..

Now what this will do for you is it will give you every weapon enhancement in the game, but what I can't seem to decypher is why after doing this, vulgrim will freeze the game.

What i tried next was to copy and paste individual enhancements from one save to the other, this did not even come close to working and I am now stumped. I was wondering if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction.

XajNyne
01-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Okay...so here is what I have been doing.

I have 2 save files, one from my earlier save where I had found all of the enhancements, abysall armor, etc, and one completely new save at the point right after you receive the horn from vulgrim. Both are on apocalyptic.

The one that I had thought worked originally, I took data from my first save file starting with the text below:

I then copied the highlighted hex data(do not copy from the text string side, it doesn't copy the same) everything in between weaponenhancements and weapon_enhancements and pasted it into the exact same place in the new file, making sure to overwrite what was previously there.

Then going back to the endgame save file, I copied everything below Weapon_enhancements/common_bane until furysblessing, making sure I stopped right before 53 which corresponds to the S in the text string area, pictured here:

I then overwrote the data in the new save file from bane down to where the S is to signify the beginning of new data.

Save, repack, rehash and resign and then play..

Now what this will do for you is it will give you every weapon enhancement in the game, but what I can't seem to decypher is why after doing this, vulgrim will freeze the game.

What i tried next was to copy and paste individual enhancements from one save to the other, this did not even come close to working and I am now stumped. I was wondering if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction.

Yes please someone help him. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I'd also really like to try this save out if it can be perfected. I'd help if I could but I'm still a noob when it comes to hexing etc. I admit it. If anyone can assist in any way it will be greatly appreciated.

ariastrasz
01-29-2012, 04:18 AM
You could, if you wanted to, download and try the save, just don't talk to vulgrim right away. You can equip the horn and continue on through the game, avoiding vulgrim until after you kill the bat queen.

although the current save is on normal, the apocalyptic one is in progress..

[Superedit] I have been playtesting this new save, and I have destroyed Tiamat just now. Vulgrim is not completely broken, only the shop is. The serpent holes seem to work fine. I am going to create a new save starting at the crossroads for each difficulty level with all of the enhancements, level 2 sword and level 2 harvester, and everything you can purchase from vulgrim up to that point. I am going through the game on apocalyptic and I am cutting through everything like a hot knife through butter. I am sure I will find a point where vulgrims shop may be accessible again, when I do, I will update with a new thread and all 3 saves, each with a readme file explaining when you can talk to vulgrim.

ariastrasz
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Update! I had a random thought earlier and I decided to go with it. What I did is I took the Merchantinventory part of my endgame save which is at the very end of the save file, and I replaced the new save merchant inventory with that, saved, rehashed, resigned repackaged blah blah blah and guess what, I can now talk to vulgrim without the game freezing! so you can sell your artifacts. The downside is everything is gone from his inventory and you can purchase nothing, but the upside is that I figured out that there was simply a fundamental mistake in his specific data causing the crashes, if I can figure out where the damaged data is in his specific location, I can create a perfect save from the very beginning with all of the enhancements! Now to figure that mess out...Might take me another week because I'm working mon to fri, hence the weekend updates. I will upload the new save (currently at anvils ford) .dat file if anyone wants to fiddle with it while I'm at work to speed the process up. If we can figure out where the corruption is, I can have a set of super powered saves for this game uploaded very quickly.

michy82
05-13-2012, 04:19 PM
There is no one in this thread? xd

I really want a save like this..or just a modded save..in the beginning.

Dregen
05-17-2012, 08:16 AM
There is no one in this thread?

It's 4 months old, I wouldn't expect too much activity. Posting a new request thread might net you better results than resurrecting this one.

michy82
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
i have make a new thread in request..but for now..no one have a save modded...

thenerdier
10-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Nice job n go advance next time

corona
05-28-2016, 06:25 AM
Thank youoouu