360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Skyrim Hex Editing: Everything Besides Item Modding
Register
    Nature's Hell's Stick

Skyrim Hex Editing: Everything Besides Item Modding

So I was looking through the forum, and everyone's efforts regarding Skyrim save data seem solely focused on inventory editing (Adding T3h L33t DeadR1ck Arrmur!!!11!). There was a research thread, but that went out with a whimper, and all over the place. If any progress is going to be made, it has to be focused on one certain subject at a time.
    Personally, I'm not interested in Item modding, and I really don't want to buy the PC version of Skyrim so I can take the easy way out and just use console commands, but what I want to find is the Player location codes so I can get to qasmoke. Of course I don't want to stop there, editing quest status progress is another thing I'm interested in.
    I've been messing around with the hex code for awhile, but from what I've heard, some people think that some parts are compressed. Any ideas how to uncompress these bits? (Doubtful that it's easy, but probably possible.)

Anyways, I did find something called Locationalias, (I just searched for text-string location) but I didn't investigate it thoroughly, might do it tomorrow if I have time.

jacobhathcock

Re: Skyrim Hex Editing: Everything Besides Item Modding

Everything is in the data regardless of what others believe. You cant see it or edit some of it because a hex editor can not read past the first sequence of the code. I found that beneath the first sequence there are 4 more lines of hidden values. Compression isnt the problem. A text editor just cant read it. A whole new tool would have to be made.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobhathcock For This Useful Post:

JcbyFong

Re: Skyrim Hex Editing: Everything Besides Item Modding

You cant see it or edit some of it because a hex editor can not read past the first sequence of the code