360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
help me find a pc gaming laptop for skyrim - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Noctis Caelum

Re: help me find a pc gaming laptop for skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuagmire View Post
    Dell + Alienware are the same company, and their use of hardware has been legendary to hardware developers like me, as in they produce crap motherboards in their systems that fail, and besides Alienwares bios and those awesome issues, an extra grand for the brand name is worthless.

I do agree with HP, they have gone down hill big time, malware and rootkits on recent purchases really saddens me, but for a experienced builder like myself its easy to get around, but for the average user I know how bad it is.
    well guessing by ur statement u know way more then me about computers...lol...but as a average user (meaning log in, go online,download apps and games,burn and play music,upload files,use AIM and skype,make programs) all that and my little o Dell runs fast and never had any issues..guess im the lucky one then..love u dell my dell..lol...but serioulsy u really know ur computers, hope ur using that for good use and go to school for it and if u already did (dont know how old u r) then i hope u work in that field....o yea hp is horrible lol

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Dell + Alienware are the same company, and their use of hardware has been legendary to hardware developers like me, as in they produce crap motherboards in their systems that fail, and besides Alienwares bios and those awesome issues, an extra grand for the brand name is worthless.

I do agree with HP, they have gone down hill big time, malware and rootkits on recent purchases really saddens me, but for a experienced builder like myself its easy to get around, but for the average user I know how bad it is.
    i know alienware and dell are the same company but regardless i have experience no issues with them(personally) then any other company i have used, dont get me wrong i have had issues with dell customer computers but if i did i could fix it easily since im an experienced tech, and fixing hardware issues is quite easy for me. To me its sometimes more often the customer who doesn't know anything about computers who ends up screwing it up more often than not, at least in my experiences, that how its been. i hate when customers try to fix their computers and have no idea what they are doing and completing screw it up and bring it to me and say can you fix it for cheap lol.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24466 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Noctis Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    i know alienware and dell are the same company but regardless i have experience less issues with them they any other company i have used, dont get me wrong i have had issues with dell customer computers but i myself havent experienced issues with dell's and even if i did i could fix it easily since im an experianced tech, and fixing hard issues is quite easy for me.
    well i know who im callin when i have an issue...keep ur phone cloud might be callin u soon lol

TheQuagmire

Yea I know computers inside and out, everyone calls me for repairs. I also used to work for a company that made high end systems for hospitals so I really got to play with epic tech for awhile.

Customers are idiots, but luckily for me none of them ever opened the hardware to fix them, worst case senario one actually dropped his laptop on the beach or something, but i recovered the disk drives no problem. Doctors I swear... smart people... least they were smarter than real estate agents... now thats a breed of customers you would cringe a newspaper.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheQuagmire For This Useful Post:

Noctis Caelum

Yea I know computers inside and out, everyone calls me for repairs. I also used to work for a company that made high end systems for hospitals so I really got to play with epic tech for awhile.

Customers are idiots, but luckily for me none of them ever opened the hardware to fix them, worst case senario one actually dropped his laptop on the beach or something, but i recovered the disk drives no problem. Doctors I swear... smart people... least they were smarter than real estate agents... now thats a breed of customers you would cringe a newspaper.
    now that i can agree with u on..o look yay i gave u ur first thanked...now im special to u lol.......NO HOMO X2

TheQuagmire

I feel special so special now lol

Array

Quote Originally Posted by DonVito1337 View Post
    Hey 360 haven I recently took a look at all the mods available for skyrim (pc) and i was blown away so i decided that i want to get a solid gaming laptop
    so i could mod like crazy. I am a noob for pc gaming (i have always been a console guy).

My question is can anyone recommend good laptop for gaming? i want to play skyrim on pc and I want it to look good. I got a budget of $1000 so anywhere around that is fine.
    Just my 2 cents: Unless you plan on doing a lot of your gaming while out and about, it might make more sense to get a budget laptop for school/work, browsing, etc, and an actual PC for gaming. You get a better bang for your buck on desktops, and the upgrade path is way cheaper and easier 2 years down the road, when you want to switch video cards, etc. You can do both for where your budget is at, with a little looking.

If you do need a laptop, a few suggestions:
    Don't get punked on the upgrade path: e.g. You get 4GB of RAM; laptop supports 8. When you decide to upgrade you have to buy two 4GB sticks because they gave you two 2GB instead of one 4GB (filling the slots).

If you can pay a little extra to not have the bloatware added (some let you, some don't), it is usually worth it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yayanotherlogin For This Useful Post:

Noctis Caelum

I feel special so special now lol
    i knew u would lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast