360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
help me find a pc gaming laptop for skyrim
Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

help me find a pc gaming laptop for skyrim

Hey 360 haven I recently took a look at all the mods available for skyrim (pc) and i was blown away so i decided that i want to get a solid gaming laptop
    so i could mod like crazy. I am a noob for pc gaming (i have always been a console guy).

My question is can anyone recommend good laptop for gaming? i want to play skyrim on pc and I want it to look good. I got a budget of $1000 so anywhere around that is fine.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: help me find a pc gaming laptop for skyrim

Hmm well my laptop i got: Alienware m14x can run skyrim with mods at ultra settings, but costed about $700+ dollars more than your budget XD, this link might help: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375410,00.asp but stay away from HPs they suck XD, also Toshiba and Asus make some awesome laptops, so does Acer, just be sure to go for one with at least 4gbs of ram, Windows 7 64 bit, a 1gb video card(not the integrated one to the motherboard needs to be nvidia or ati card), intel core i7(i5 can work as well) or Amd Processor(not sure on this one since i havent ever used amd processors but they are suppose to be just as good as intel) and either sata hard drive or a solid state drive(these ones are more expensive and not very big but run fast). Its kinda hard for me at least to recommend something im not really good at those things, still hope i helped in someway :).
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24454 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Noctis Caelum

check out the Dell website they good deals

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noctis Caelum For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    Hmm well my laptop i got: Alienware m14x can run skyrim with mods at ultra settings, but costed about $700+ dollars more than your budget XD, this link might help: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375410,00.asp but stay away from HPs they suck XD, also Toshiba and Asus make some awesome laptops, so does Acer, just be sure to go for one with at least 4gbs of ram, Windows 7 64 bit, a 1gb video card(not the integrated one to the motherboard needs to be nvidia or ati card), intel core i7(i5 can work as well) or Amd Processor(not sure on this one since i havent ever used amd processors but they are suppose to be just as good as intel) and either sata hard drive or a solid state drive(these ones are more expensive and not very big but run fast). Its kinda hard for me at least to recommend something im not really good at those things, still hope i helped in someway :).
    Quote Originally Posted by red hulk View Post
    check out the Dell website they good deals

Thanks guys you actually helped out alot
    thank you :)

TheQuagmire

Stay away from Dell & Alienware, there laptops are over priced, and garbage.
    If your looking for bang for your dollar, look for Sager laptops, very good for gaming and modest prices.
    Hp entertainment laptops are pretty decent aswell.
    Also Acer has some very decent laptops aswell.

I used Sager for high end laptop design, and I never had one single issue with them ever. Hp & Acer I purchase constantly and have never failed me once.

Make sure to purchase a laptop with at LEAST two processor cores, 2-4 Gb ram perfurably 800mhz or faster, hard drive is pretty much meaningless, but if you can get a 7200 rpm HDD over the usual 5400 rpm laptop HDD. If you have big denero, a solid state drive isnt a bad idea to really decrease load times, but its expensive.

Your #1 part on the laptop will be the graphics card, It CANNOT be SHARED OR INTEGRATED PERIOD, DEDICATED graphics is what you want in a gaming laptop period. The card will of course be a Mobile version of a desktop card, so do your research. 512mb or higher, the more pipelines the better, and clock speed of at least 533mhz.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheQuagmire For This Useful Post:

Noctis Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuagmire View Post
    If your looking for bang for your dollar, look for Sager laptops, very good for gaming and modest prices.

I used Sager for high end laptop design, and I never had one single issue with them ever. Hp & Acer I purchase constantly and have never failed me once.

Make sure to purchase a laptop with at LEAST two processor cores, 2-4 Gb ram perfurably 800mhz or faster, hard drive is pretty much meaningless, but if you can get a 7200 rpm HDD over the usual 5400 rpm laptop HDD. If you have big denero, a solid state drive isnt a bad idea to really decrease load times, but its expensive.

Your #1 part on the laptop will be the graphics card, It CANNOT be SHARED OR INTEGRATED PERIOD, DEDICATED graphics is what you want in a gaming laptop period. The card will of course be a Mobile version of a desktop card, so do your research. 512mb or higher, the more pipelines the better, and clock speed of at least 533mhz.
    Dells garbage wow....ur opinion buddy...i had my dell for years never had any problem at all...runs fast, smooth and quite....Got it for around 1200 but i also added alot of programs like microsoft word,powerpoint and etc....so as i stated before check out dell, but its really wat u like, speed, graphic wise or watever u want...just do ur research....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noctis Caelum For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuagmire View Post

i disagree with the alienware and dell being garbage if anything HP is garbage greatest piece of crap ive ever worked with, plus my Alienware is a beast and i love it
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24454 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

TheQuagmire

Dell + Alienware are the same company, and their use of hardware has been legendary to hardware developers like me, as in they produce crap motherboards in their systems that fail, and besides Alienwares bios and those awesome issues, an extra grand for the brand name is worthless.

I do agree with HP, they have gone down hill big time, malware and rootkits on recent purchases really saddens me, but for a experienced builder like myself its easy to get around, but for the average user I know how bad it is.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast