Final Fantasy XIII-2 Save Hacking - Items - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Save Hacking - Items

nice find MadCabbit
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18400 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by MadCabbit View Post
    Just make sure you re-encrypt the app.dat, you don't need to rehash/resign. Try restoring from the backup and try again. Also depends on the hex editor you use, too. I was using Hexecute first, but I had problems with that (including one time writing a paste over the header at the beginning without me noticing it). HxD works a lot better for me. Just be careful, save editing is unforgiving, any little change done wrong will blow up in your face.

Work in the hex field whenever possible, since multiple hex values can have the same appearance in ASCII. If worse comes to worse, cherry pick which items you want and recreate it afte zeroing out the original. I did this by skipping a few lines down and using that for a temp area, carefully creating a list with the right ids, the right number of zeros, and the proper value to make each entry 18 bytes, and when I had the whole list, I copied it (including a couple rows of zeroes after it, clicked on the first byte of the item list (making sure not to change the previous number at all like I said before), and pasted over it, then zeroed over anything that remained in the old list, and the temp area I copied from.

At first, I got a lot of corrupted saves, too, since I was just getting the hang of it, and also dealing with tools that weren't working right. Once I started using Modio 4 and UxD, I had gotten used to making several edits, so I haven't had a problem since. Practice makes perfect.
    Thanks. I think it might've been the hex tool. After using HxD and the same methods it seemed to have worked.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5848 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Just make sure you re-encrypt the app.dat, you don't need to rehash/resign. Try restoring from the backup and try again. Also depends on the hex editor you use, too. I was using Hexecute first, but I had problems with that (including one time writing a paste over the header at the beginning without me noticing it). HxD works a lot better for me. Just be careful, save editing is unforgiving, any little change done wrong will blow up in your face.

Work in the hex field whenever possible, since multiple hex values can have the same appearance in ASCII. If worse comes to worse, cherry pick which items you want and recreate it afte zeroing out the original. I did this by skipping a few lines down and using that for a temp area, carefully creating a list with the right ids, the right number of zeros, and the proper value to make each entry 18 bytes, and when I had the whole list, I copied it (including a couple rows of zeroes after it, clicked on the first byte of the item list (making sure not to change the previous number at all like I said before), and pasted over it, then zeroed over anything that remained in the old list, and the temp area I copied from.

At first, I got a lot of corrupted saves, too, since I was just getting the hang of it, and also dealing with tools that weren't working right. Once I started using Modio 4 and UxD, I had gotten used to making several edits, so I haven't had a problem since. Practice makes perfect.
    Thanks. I think it might've been the hex tool. After using HxD and the same methods it seemed to have worked.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5848 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

ldsdrive

Thank you so much!!! Got all the monster materials.

Array

Added info on bestiary to original post.

Edit: also added some info on accessories and weapons.

Edit 2: Also added accessory capacity info (man, the lag, timeouts and error 500s are getting BRUTAL).
    Last edited by MadCabbit; 02-06-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Demon

Array

Thanks for the info, I just need more monster components and this will save me hours of farming them.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5434 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Added info on bestiary to original post.

Edit: also added some info on accessories and weapons.

Edit 2: Also added accessory capacity info (man, the lag, timeouts and error 500s are getting BRUTAL).
    i know what you mean, i minute i can access the site the next cant lol, but seems to be working again...............for now :P
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24436 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Xbox God

Array

Kinda pointless bro lol I was hoping there would of been something useful to get from this but we already added all these things in our app:(

Will be adding key items,fragment editor and fragment skill editor has well.
    Downloads : 39 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5802 || Posts : 718 || Thanks : 12 || Thanked 814 Times in 62 Posts

Zero

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast