360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
It's Time to Resurrect Onimusha
Register
    VIP Member

Array

It's Time to Resurrect Onimusha

Capcom producer eager to bring back supernatural samurai series.
    Capcom certainly has no shortage of franchises, including some that have remained dormant for several years. One of the company's bigger successes of the past decade was Onimusha, a series that started in 2001 and quickly spawned six entries within five years. But since 2006, Onimusha has remained dormant, and fans have wondered if Capcom would return to the game on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

Onimusha has had a number of notable producers and directors over the years, including former Capcom head of production Keiji Inafune and current Capcom head of production Jun Takeuchi. But another name involved with the series is Yoshinori Ono, who happens to also be Capcom's main Street Fighter producer. Ono stopped by IGN's offices recently, and we had a chance to ask if fans could expect Onimusha to return.

"The time feels right to me. It feels like it's the time to resurrect that series," Ono said in our interview. "But I wouldn't want to do the things we've done before. I think it might be time to progress beyond the standard single-player adventure. There should be ways to expand upon what we've done while involving the community more. Perhaps implement some sort of multiplayer into a game like that.

"I don't have those ideas solidified yet, but when these ideas come to fruition, when I feel good about them and I feel we can do something, I will most certainly take them in for approval with the higher-ups. It's something I'm very interested in doing."

Stay tuned to IGN as we dig around for more on all of Capcom's key franchises.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6953 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @
    hopefully this means one is going to be mad, i liked all of the onimusha games
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array
    Hopefully this is true, I miss the Onimusha series.

Array
    I agree!!! Onimusha was a great series. I always loved the characters and the story.
    Downloads : 48 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5142 || Posts : 296 || Thanks : 97 || Thanked 46 Times in 27 Posts

"When the Rich wage war...It's the Poor who die"

VIP Member

Array
    way back when the third one came out it was supposed to be the last one. i had played all three of them so i could get the whole story and im glad i did because it was a great series with a great story.

EDIT: I just realized a 4th one came out in 06. I missed out on that one. I always thought the third one was the last one.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6953 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!