360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Black OPS?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black OPS?

Haven Donator
    Array

Black OPS?

Hey guys...I see that a new version of Vahalla has a black OPS tool (so it says on xboxdev). Does anyone know what it does and if it it can be made outside of that program for the poor common folk?

I have the GOD mode saves and you really dont need much outside of that but I just wanted to check it out and see if there were any other features/mods that can be done like the last game and all the mods such as gravity and ammo. Let me know...THANKS!

Developer
    Array
    its just a bunch of text strings that you can edit. maybe jizza can work on out...i know that i cant

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @
    We should ask jizzabeez or feudalnate or maybe mojobojo :p
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9383 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

Xbox God

Array
    Buddah it's not just a bunch of strings.I'm not 100% sure but this game might have compression (never researched it) But other cod games do.Like the common.ff file will have zlib compression (on the iso) at the sametime I just remembered something cod4 MW2 had adler32 on the save.SO I think that the black-ops game might have something Simuler (Checksum on the game). Saves and iso is diff it seems with this game when it come to security.

Edit:Sry I'm researching this game at the sametime typing (since you don't got a jtag you can't hack it,So it's retail sigh)Anyway I was looking in the save and I found somethings.For starters it's not using a checksum and I't don't look like compression (Can't confirm unless I take a peek inside the xex)But has of right now it looks like Encryption (0x450 - eof) I think it covers to eof maybe less have to research hehe.

But in anycase SM,When i was working with him on something at the time,He didn't look like he knew alot about ppc,But Jester on the other hand knows alot of **** he might of also got the info to crack else where time will tell.

Sry if my lang is strange I'm Japanese:P

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Buddah it's not just a bunch of strings.I'm not 100% sure but this game might have compression (never researched it) But other cod games do.Like the common.ff file will have zlib compression (on the iso) at the sametime I just remembered something cod4 MW2 had adler32 on the save.SO I think that the black-ops game might have something Simuler (Checksum on the game). Saves and iso is diff it seems with this game when it come to security.

Edit:Sry I'm researching this game at the sametime typing (since you don't got a jtag you can't hack it,So it's retail sigh)Anyway I was looking in the save and I found somethings.For starters it's not using a checksum and I't don't look like compression (Can't confirm unless I take a peek inside the xex)But has of right now it looks like Encryption (0x450 - eof) I think it covers to eof maybe less have to research hehe.

But in anycase SM,When i was working with him on something at the time,He didn't look like he knew alot about ppc,But Jester on the other hand knows alot of **** he might of also got the info to crack else where time will tell.

Sry if my lang is strange I'm Japanese:P
    Well COD 4 and MW2 had adler32 both I think because both of them were done by infinity ward. I doubt treyarch did the same but you never know..

EDIT: Also the game has a security check somewhere in the save or xex I am not sure where it is but I know it has it. Anyways it checks to make sure dvars are normal values and if they are not they are reset. I think. Tell me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-06-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Xbox God

Array
    Well in anycase it mostly would have encryption since I checked on it.But diff companys put diff things on it.

And the checks are in both the xex and the save so to speak,If you look inside the xex you can find out how to decrypt or w/e the save or find the check that there using.Or you can hack the xex to get alot of ammo ect and that will only be used for a jtag.But it sucks tho becuz if we had a team we can make blackops editor:(

Developer
    Array
    crc32 matt

Xbox God

Array
    No it had adler32 :P or atleast I knew COD4 MW2 did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast