360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Film Composer Clint Mansell to Score Mass Effect 3
Register
    VIP Member

Array

Film Composer Clint Mansell to Score Mass Effect 3

The famous composer for films such as 'Requiem For a Dream' and 'Moon' reveals that he and BioWare are BFFs.
    Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.

The website Badass Digest picked up on the news of Mansell's involvement in Mass Effect 3, which saw the composer asked about whether he does much work for other outlets like computer games. Mansell responded by saying: "I'm doing a video game this year actually. Mass Effect 3".

When describing what it's like to score a video game, Mansell said: "As I was saying about Public Enemy and re-working old hip-hop tunes for Requiem, and kind of re-working old ballet tunes for Black Swan, with something like Mass Effect you're more like a DJ, with all these elements. You've got the holding pattern, then the big explosion where you need the score to kick in. Then you need to take it off on a tangent. You've got all these different elements that change depending on what the player does. You have to figure out an overall symphony, but be able to break it down into component parts. You can bring the pain when required".

This is incredible news as Mansell is regarded by many as one of the most gifted composers working in the film industry today. His music is famous for being as epic as it is haunting. His involvement in Mass Effect 3 gives us good reason to believe we might be in for the most emotionally devastating game in BioWare's space opera franchise yet.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6952 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array
    Hmm I like Clints compositions, so it will be nice to see how it comes out with this. Though I thought they would have kept Jack Wall who did mass effect 2's OST he diud a remarkable job on that, but I aint complaining
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5594 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

VIP Member

Array
    I think they are looking for something epic since it is the finale. I think they are trying to make this one as close to a movie as possible. Personally they should have gotten the guy who composed the star wars series.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6952 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Haven Donator

Array
    They are quite a few people they could've got if they want epic but couldn't get Mansell.
    I would love to have seen Harry Gregson Williams (Did the MGS4 OST and others) or even more Hanz Zimmler (Done heaps to name something recent The Pacific), The list could go on but I think Clint is a nice choice, but yeah see how it turns out
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5594 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts