360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Armored Core V Emblem Editor, is it possible?
Register
    Advertiser
    modder

Array

Armored Core V Emblem Editor, is it possible?

I know we can pull AC data off a save for ACV, has anyone tried finding emblem data within these files? Curious if it would be possible to upload an img file into the save in place of a default emblem. Sounds like a long shot but if possible it would be so epic.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Armored Core V Emblem Editor, is it possible?

I actually thought about this myself. By all rights it seems possible. But you'd have to convert the image data to be able to fit into the save file. The best bet for this would probably involve the image already being in bitmap format.

While in-game image creation uses a set of specific images, once the emblem is made, it's converted into its own image; the game doesn't render all parts of an emblem in real-time. This is why I think it should be possible to do. I plan to toy with it in AC:FA, but I no longer have AC5 (I didn't like it). I'll be happy to turn over whatever progress I make in AC:FA to anybody who's interested though, as it should at least help with the research for AC5.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6844 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

fire_smiley
    Location : Close your eyes and point at a map...now open your eyes.
    Array

I give my support for this. Vote +1

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

After taking a look at ACFA, I can say that it's definitely possible in that game. The game stores the emblem as a PNG file within the save; as long as another PNG file is used (with the same dimensions) then it shouldn't be difficult at all to manually code it in. That said, this is for ACFA, and I still have no idea about AC5.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6844 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com