360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Gears of War 3 emerges on September 20
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Array

Gears of War 3 emerges on September 20

Start saving your cash and begin building up your mental tolerance for gore. Microsoft just announced that Gears of War 3 will be released worldwide on September 20. If your calendar isn't at hand, don't worry about marking the date -- we're quite certain Microsoft will spend more than the GDP of some countries on Gears advertising. Later this summer, you won't be able to not see the Gears of War 3 date.

In the meantime there's Bulletstorm, which serves both as a way to build up that mental tolerance and as a delivery system for the upcoming Gears 3 beta.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6950 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @
    Yes cant wait for this game
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24454 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Hmm. In my eyes, a sequel should make some sort of improvement over the predecessor, whether that improvement is better features or more features or what have you. Gears2 did nothing of the sort, and was an almost carbon copy of Gears1. So, unless Gears3 really steps up its game, I 'm pretty sure I'm gonna be avoiding this one.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6831 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array
    Twitter: @
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Hmm. In my eyes, a sequel should make some sort of improvement over the predecessor, whether that improvement is better features or more features or what have you. Gears2 did nothing of the sort, and was an almost carbon copy of Gears1. So, unless Gears3 really steps up its game, I 'm pretty sure I'm gonna be avoiding this one.
    WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAT ???? O_O Well then what about better graphics,better sounds,more weapons,creative n interesting campaign, split-screen n off-line multiplayer modes??? O_O Emerald Lance u r killing me =( Gears 2 is FAR way superior to the original game, and i hope that the third one gonna make it even further

Hoshikage

Array
    Sweet Can't wait :)
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8240 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
    WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAT ???? O_O Well then what about better graphics,better sounds,more weapons,creative n interesting campaign, split-screen n off-line multiplayer modes??? O_O Emerald Lance u r killing me =( Gears 2 is FAR way superior to the original game, and i hope that the third one gonna make it even further
    lol Sorry. ^-^;

I'm not certain the graphics/sound quality is all that improved over the first game; they both look/sound the same to me. And when "more weapons" is mentioned, all I can think about is how they replaced the original Locust rifle with a slightly different one that was still more or less the same gun anyways, kinda like how Halo2 replaced Halo1's pistol with the BR and Reach replaced Halo2/3's BR with the DMR. While I admit that the campaign was great, it really didn't have anything that set it apart from the first game's campaign, though the razor hail was fun. I don't remember whether Gears1 had offline multiplayer or not, but if not then I feel that adding it was a small improvement that should have been taken care of the first time around anyway. The only substantial differences I could spot were the ability to use your opponent's body as a meat shield and the possibility to chainsaw duel.

When such a small amount is added, I just can't see the point in getting the next game for myself. But, that's me; a lot of people really like the Gears games (it IS award winning) so I can't really pass judgment on the reasons others may have for buying a game. But I'm definitely not expecting to get it, at least until it hits the bargain bin after a few years.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6831 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

I Am Cool
    Array
    when the mp beta gonna be in effect ????

Haven Donator

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
    Sorry gonna have to disagree Gears 2 has nothing over Gears 1. Gears 2 changed the pacing far too much with running speed decrease when hit, the Shotgun is pretty average, and they made a glitch from Gears 1 into a main element of the game (Wall Bouncing). Then to wrap it all up, they go and decide Matchmaking is good idea. Its now apparently good but it isn't. If I wanna find a game I have to be in a party with other people since I cannot find a match because my Ping is to high, which is beyond retarded.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5592 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast