360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Xbox 360 banned in germany - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

Re: Xbox 360 banned in germany

the issue was suppossed to be the video compression software so i guess it would depends if live uses the same setup or if its the console itself that does all the compression if live uses a different form of compression or leaves it to the hardware itself live should be fine

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I can't imagine why XBL would use any different compression methods. It makes sense to have everything use the same method, that way it's all compatible. I imagine XBL is gonna be taking some hits in the near future in Germany.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6833 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

Proud of you Soldier! Keep up the good fight, thank you for your service as I know How hard it can be!
    Downloads : 37 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 58 || Thanks : 78 || Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR="#008000"]"Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR="#008000"]George Orwell [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR30ItV6lE7V3vZYvUo7SAjFIRG7UleXMSuIhzZLcsGkh3rgdUl[/IMG][/CENTER]

Haven Donator

Array

Hah poor Germans, but I agree with Emerald, there wouldn't be that many people buying there first console at this late in the game.

@Delta SMG - That Orwell quote, where is that from? (Just finished reading his account of the Spanish Civil War, fascinating stuff)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5593 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paprika For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

So if they banned the console does that means players from Germany won't be able to connect to xbox live as well
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5949 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

Bear Hugs

Array

Well now, that's not fun to hear at all.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6536 || Posts : 1,934 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Insane JIC View Post
    So if they banned the console does that means players from Germany won't be able to connect to xbox live as well
    I think so. They aren't banning the hardware per say, but the software it uses. If XBL uses the same software, then the whole service falls under the court decision, and Germany won't be able to log onto XBL. Again, it's only maybe.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6833 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

4df

I really hope that peeps are still able to connect to XBL in Germany. I may move there in the next couple months!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast