Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    DEADBEEF

Array

Nier - Save Editor

Nier - Save Editor

Version: 2.0.0.0.

Created by JizzaBeez

How to Use:

1) Click 'File' then 'Open' to open you Nier Gamesave, GAME_DATA##.

2) Make changes then click 'File' then 'Save' to save and repair your file.

This app repairs the checksum, rehashes and resigns automatically, or you can do them manually...

If you edit your gamesave manually, then this app can repair the file so you don't have to use any other tools (checksum, rehash, resign).

DOWNLOAD

2. The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to JizzaBeez For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Nier - Save Editor

great editor

Advanced Member
    Array

Thanks ! Nice work !
    Downloads : 316 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 72 || Thanks : 128 || Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Don't look for me, I 'm playing on my Xbox360 !

aeridus

For some reason the save editor wiped out a bunch of things... key items and words got deleted when all I did was edit exp and max materials.

GAME_DATA1.zip

DEADBEEF

Array

Quote Originally Posted by aeridus View Post
    For some reason the save editor wiped out a bunch of things... key items and words got deleted when all I did was edit exp and max materials.
    Well surely you made a backup of the file before editing it?
    I don't know why it would have done that either.
    I don't have the game, never played it, and I got the editing info from someone else to make the editor...

aeridus

I did make a backup and the backup still works... I've included the original file in my previous post. It did correctly max out most materials and my exp, at least. I'm going to try with just editing exp and see what happens, but my fear is that the editor incorrectly changes some other values based on what it thinks is in the file. I noticed that the checked maps are definitely not the same as the ones I have (Shadowlord map obtained, for instance, when I haven't gotten it yet) and that the word tab only goes up to #17 and only one word is selected. Also, when I tried setting specific items to certain values the wrong items got changed. Is it possible that the offsets you got are for a different version than what I have? I'm playing the NA version of Nier.

Edit: I just manually edited the file with a hex editor to get the exp up for now. At least it seems like the repair file option doesn't apply any values set in the editor.

DEADBEEF

Array

Quote Originally Posted by aeridus View Post
    I did make a backup and the backup still works... I've included the original file in my previous post. It did correctly max out most materials and my exp, at least. I'm going to try with just editing exp and see what happens, but my fear is that the editor incorrectly changes some other values based on what it thinks is in the file. I noticed that the checked maps are definitely not the same as the ones I have (Shadowlord map obtained, for instance, when I haven't gotten it yet) and that the word tab only goes up to #17 and only one word is selected. Also, when I tried setting specific items to certain values the wrong items got changed. Is it possible that the offsets you got are for a different version than what I have? I'm playing the NA version of Nier.

Edit: I just manually edited the file with a hex editor to get the exp up for now. At least it seems like the repair file option doesn't apply any values set in the editor.
    I don't know which version the offsets were for, no one else has really mentioned anything wrong like this and the editor has been out since last year.
    And I have never played it or had a way to research it myself so I don't know...
    And no, using the "Repair Checksum" option does not edit any of the file, it only corrects the checksum.
    You can edit the file manually and then just repair the checksum with the tool if you prefer.

aeridus

Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    I don't know which version the offsets were for, no one else has really mentioned anything wrong like this and the editor has been out since last year.
    And I have never played it or had a way to research it myself so I don't know...
    And no, using the "Repair Checksum" option does not edit any of the file, it only corrects the checksum.
    You can edit the file manually and then just repair the checksum with the tool if you prefer.
    I think I found out what's wrong, though since I ended up editing everything manually it's a non-issue. I'm pretty sure only the first slot (slot 0) can be successfully edited with this editor as the offsets appear to be somewhat different for the last two slots. I found this out using HexCmp on the different slots while looking at something else.

Edit: Nope, while it is closer at least, even the first slot yields incorrect values in the editor for a few things. Very odd, but oh well. Like I said, moot at this point.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast