360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Geting hacked when joining a public game in D3
Register
    Gfx Artist

Array
    Twitter: @

Geting hacked when joining a public game in D3

i look around befor i posted this

joining a public game in D3 u could get hacked dont matter if u have that key update to fixing it coming soon

Much like the massive monsters in its games, Blizzard has created a monster of its own with the flawed release of Diablo III. From server issues toreports of account hacking to unannounced hotfixes, the company has been in scramble mode to get everything fixed.

Now, Blizzard plans a patch next week to fix client issues and additional bugs. In a post on the official forums, community manager Nethaera said additional server maintenance is also planned to ensure long term game stability. No patch details were given. The loss of achievements by certain players soon after launch is still being investigated, the post said.
    Because of the problems, the already delayed launch of the real-money auction house has been put off indefinitely.
    Aside from the initial access issues, I've had little trouble with the game and continue to play through Nightmare level, just now entering Act III. Check out our Diablo III review, as well as the escapades of my Monk through the normal game.

Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5547 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to voidmage09 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: geting hack when joining a public game in D3

interesting news, even though it dont affect me, since i dont have the game lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24473 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Gfx Artist

Array

Re: geting hack when joining a public game in D3

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    interesting news, even though it dont affect me, since i dont have the game lol
    lol u with i dont have the game i dont have it so it dont affect me 2
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5547 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

Retired Staff

Array
    So many problems with D3 i feel sorry for all those people the waited more the 12 years for a new Diablo game to come out only to find themselves with all this bullshit lol
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15508 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Traine Dev

Array

Re: Geting hacked when joining a public game in D3

good thing I still havent played a public game
    Downloads : 58 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6288 || Posts : 1,479 || Thanks : 1,539 || Thanked 456 Times in 197 Posts

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Geting hacked when joining a public game in D3

That was actually false information (a rumor) that was spreading around, as it's not possible to hack accounts via sessions on Diablo 3.

There was however, a pretty major Diablo wiki being used to spread out malware containing keyloggers, and that's how a majority did get hacked.

I have to say though, regardless of that, I'm positive that the security of Blizzard is terrible as well, as it it's real easy to bruteforce accounts.

Passwords up until yesterday were not detected as case-sensitive.
    I was able to log in with passworda and passwordA. Only today it started giving me errors that I entered the wrong password.

Aside from that, there's countless of bugs in-game that are gamebreaking. And Blizzard continues blaming it on the user, rather than acknowledging it as an official bug. (Example: Staff of Herding disappearing from Inventory. The Staff can't be sold to any shop, yet they state it's possible that you might have sold it). I was one of the users losing my Staff of Herding, and I know for sure I didn't drop nor sell, nor Salvage it. Ninja hotfixes that actually fix stuff that wasn't broken in the first place is what they seem to be focusing on, rather than fixing stuff that -does- require fixing.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5885 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts