360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Soulcalibur V New Game+Secret costumes - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Array

Re: Soulcalibur V New Game+Secret costumes

Both Modio and Horizon will corrupt your save, at least in my experiences. It's something with the STFS file format SCV uses. The only way I've found to reliably modify the save is to use Modio beta 4 and add the file while it's named "savedata.bin" exactly so it prompts to overwrite the existing one. Well, other than hexing the file manually...

FixdSwine

Quote Originally Posted by absurdlyobfuscated View Post
    Both Modio and Horizon will corrupt your save, at least in my experiences. It's something with the STFS file format SCV uses. The only way I've found to reliably modify the save is to use Modio beta 4 and add the file while it's named "savedata.bin" exactly so it prompts to overwrite the existing one. Well, other than hexing the file manually...
    I use Horizon and HxD for all my Hex editting purposes. To transfer profiles across I just change the Prof and Console ID.... I'd Imagine a Save data download would've been simple, unless you try to rip the savedata.bin... It doesnt allow you to put content back in the file.

One Hit Wonder
    Array

i extracted the file to my desktop and tried to open it with modio and it says that the parameters are invalid what do i do? and plz send me the answer to my email cause i dont know how to check back on my comments :C

Array

Quote Originally Posted by noall View Post
    i extracted the file to my desktop and tried to open it with modio and it says that the parameters are invalid what do i do?
    Quit using Modio and read the posts immediately above your own.

havenmat

I also used Horizon, and this save works perfectly. Just to help, this is an idiot-proof, step-by step guide on what I did:

-I Plugged in my USB drive with my original Soul Calibur V save in the PC.
    -Started Horizon. Clicked 'OK' on the 'offline mode' prompt. It then automatically detected my USB drive.
    -I opened my USB drive in Horizon, and went to the games list, then I opened my Soul Calibur V save and double clicked on the Soul Calibur V save file icon in there.
    -A new tab appeared. I went to the 'package info' part, and then I copied the 'profile ID', 'device ID' and 'console ID' numbers and put them in Notepad for simplicity.
    -Then I turned off that tab. The previous menu popped back in.
    -Then I right-clicked on the Soul Calibur V save file (the one with the icon) and chose 'inject file' on the menu.
    -A file select menu appeared. I then navigated to where I kept my downloaded modded SCV save file from this very thread and chose that.
    -Next there was a menu that asked you which profile to use. I chose 'skip this step'.
    -Now there are 2 SCV save files in the Horizon menu. Double click on the new one and go to the 'package info' part of it, and then replace the 'profile ID', 'device ID', and 'console ID' numbers with your own saved ones.
    -The program then told me that there's another file with those IDs. Do I want to overwrite it? I chose yes, of course.
    -After it overwrites the file, I double clicked on the (now) only SCV save file in my menu, and then chose 'save, rehash and resign', just to be sure.

And that's it. The file worked perfectly in my game.

fire_smiley
    Location : Close your eyes and point at a map...now open your eyes.
    Array

I just really have to thank you again. You have made this game 4000x more fun!

soramimuttsu

i hope to dont annoy you, but i ''updated'' your moded save file, now there is a custom drampierre female and male, and is patched so you dont have to modify the serial and etc, and you DON'T NEED drampierre in your soul calibur 5, he has already a hex value (0D)
    SC5SaveData.rar

havenmat

Wow, thanks! Now the only thing left to update is to make this a level 99 save with all custom parts&stickers unlocked so I can just replace my old level 94 save with this awesomeness. Thank you so much FixdSwine and soramimuttsu!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast