Array
    Twitter: @

Final Fantasy 7 Appears To Be Coming To PC In Updated Form

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final-fantasy-7-buster-sword.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	8246
    i saw this litte news on g4tv website an friend posted this info on facebook an not sure this going happed but what info i seen is looking epic i do hope this is real an not a joke

Is An Updated FF7 Coming to PC?

UPDATE:
    Square Enix responded to our query with an official comment, but it's probably not the comment you were hoping for. "Regarding Final Fantasy VII, we don’t have any news or information to announce at this time." You can take some comfort in the fact that the cached website wasn't marked as a hoax or anything, but it looks like any announcements -- if there is indeed an announcement coming -- will have to wait for another day.
    ORIGINAL POST: It seems that Square Enix might be planning to re-release the PC version of Final Fantasy 7 with a few newly updated features. This is based on a Google cached website at finalfantasyvii.com, as discovered by a Joystiq reader. Square Enix hasn't announced anything in the realm of Final Fantasy 7 for quite some time, but a WHOIS search names Square Enix Holdings -- specifically Yoichi Wada -- as the owner.
    Assuming this is all accurate, you can expect the updated FF7 to include a few new elements, such as achievements, cloud Cloud saving, and something called "character booster," which allows you to boost various stats "with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure." The site also mentions a price of £7.99 / €9.99 (or about $12.50).
    Is any of this real? We have no idea. There's no doubt that fans would like to see this updated FF7 become a reality, but it's just such a bizarre, out-of-left-field thing that it's impossible not to view the news with suspicion. We're checking in with Square Enix and will update this post accordingly when we know more.
    Last edited by voidmage09; 06-22-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5531 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voidmage09 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Appears To Be Coming To PC In Updated Form

man dont tease me like this lol, i dont think nothing will come of it, but who knows, i will hope it is real :D
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Gfx Artist

Array

i saw this an was thinking of u lol i do hope this is real as well u an ever FF7 fan
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5531 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

Bear Hugs

Array

Oh ,this is very awesome. Great share void....(oh gosh your post is 666...lol). Square Enix make, FF7 for PS3!
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6538 || Posts : 1,934 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I heard news of this a few days ago from machinima or was it IGN ? i thought it was just fro consoles but for PC as well ? cool!

Demon

Array

I would love to see a remake of FF7 as a launch title for one of the next-gen systems, to this day FF7 is still one of the best rpgs ever made. I can imagine what they could do with even the current systems and that would be great, any attention they give this game though makes me happy, I really hope it's not a hoax.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5455 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Hermm... Square has said on numerous occasions that they have absolutely no plans to remake FF7. And for good reason, as it would suck up all of their resources on a game that only a handfull of people are interested in anymore (older RPG nuts that view the good ol' days through rose-tinted glasses), and all the while they'll be slowly losing money because they won't be making anything else, and the cost of simply existing as a company will cause them to implode before even completing FF7. If it were as simple to make as the modern titles it would be different, but the sheer amount of content in the original FF7 (ever wonder why there are no JRPGs with realistic HD graphics -AND- an overworld map?) would make it nigh impossible to remake without either cutting content or graphics by the pound, which wouldn't win Square any points in this day and age. Everybody wants FF7 with PS3 graphics, and that simply won't be possible until the PS4 is released, and then everybody will want it to have PS4 graphics. Unless the game is represented in absolutely the most perfect way possible (as one would expect from an Ocarina of Time or Super Metroid remake) then it won't fit the fans' memories as the best game ever, and it will be shunned (hard) as a lazy cop out to keep fans quiet. Square's made it pretty obvious: a full-on FF7 remake is just not going to happen. It simply can't.

That said, there is already a PC version (there has been for quite some time now). However, the PC version of FF7 has so many glitches that it could give both Ocarina of Time and Sonic Adventure 1 (combined) a run for their money; where the PS1 version is considered by many to be the greatest video game of all time, the PC version is alternatively considered broken and completely unplayable.

However, one thing that can be said for it is that it is moddable. Oh boy, is it moddable. It has mods galore, just floating around the web, waiting to be found; mods of similar nature to those one might expect to find on Oblivion. That's great and all, but what does it mean for Square and their "update" plans? Well, for starters, unless they're updating the horrible quality of the PC version, then they shouldn't even bother: among those many mods that I mentioned are plenty of graphics mods that hike up the textures and polygon count, as well as many that add new features. I mean, unless Square is REALLY working their collective ass off on this project (which I don't see happening for a version that nobody owns anyway), then this is just a waste of their time and money. Also (going back to my point in parentheses), nobody really owns the PC version anyway. I mean, sure, they could release it as its own game, but the small amount of news I've found on the subject seem to point to them actually releasing an official patch to the already-existing PC version (which would explain the low price). And again, even if they do release it as its own game, unless they fix the huge glitches and bugs that cripple it, then it's not going to be any good.

Sorry guys. I'm not saying this is fake, but if this is real, then it certainly isn't what you're getting your hopes up for. I hate to be "that guy" but it really looks like Square is just making their own PC mod and making people pay for it.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Hermm... Square has said on numerous occasions that they have absolutely no plans to remake FF7. And for good reason, as it would suck up all of their resources on a game that only a handfull of people are interested in anymore (older RPG nuts that view the good ol' days through rose-tinted glasses), and all the while they'll be slowly losing money because they won't be making anything else, and the cost of simply existing as a company will cause them to implode before even completing FF7. If it were as simple to make as the modern titles it would be different, but the sheer amount of content in the original FF7 (ever wonder why there are no JRPGs with realistic HD graphics -AND- an overworld map?) would make it nigh impossible to remake without either cutting content or graphics by the pound, which wouldn't win Square any points in this day and age. Everybody wants FF7 with PS3 graphics, and that simply won't be possible until the PS4 is released, and then everybody will want it to have PS4 graphics. Unless the game is represented in absolutely the most perfect way possible (as one would expect from an Ocarina of Time or Super Metroid remake) then it won't fit the fans' memories as the best game ever, and it will be shunned (hard) as a lazy cop out to keep fans quiet. Square's made it pretty obvious: a full-on FF7 remake is just not going to happen. It simply can't.

That said, there is already a PC version (there has been for quite some time now). However, the PC version of FF7 has so many glitches that it could give both Ocarina of Time and Sonic Adventure 1 (combined) a run for their money; where the PS1 version is considered by many to be the greatest video game of all time, the PC version is alternatively considered broken and completely unplayable.

However, one thing that can be said for it is that it is moddable. Oh boy, is it moddable. It has mods galore, just floating around the web, waiting to be found; mods of similar nature to those one might expect to find on Oblivion. That's great and all, but what does it mean for Square and their "update" plans? Well, for starters, unless they're updating the horrible quality of the PC version, then they shouldn't even bother: among those many mods that I mentioned are plenty of graphics mods that hike up the textures and polygon count, as well as many that add new features. I mean, unless Square is REALLY working their collective ass off on this project (which I don't see happening for a version that nobody owns anyway), then this is just a waste of their time and money. Also (going back to my point in parentheses), nobody really owns the PC version anyway. I mean, sure, they could release it as its own game, but the small amount of news I've found on the subject seem to point to them actually releasing an official patch to the already-existing PC version (which would explain the low price). And again, even if they do release it as its own game, unless they fix the huge glitches and bugs that cripple it, then it's not going to be any good.

Sorry guys. I'm not saying this is fake, but if this is real, then it certainly isn't what you're getting your hopes up for. I hate to be "that guy" but it really looks like Square is just making their own PC mod and making people pay for it.
    id have to completely agree my understanding of this is the only differences are it will be a 100% working pc version with achievments cloud storage and possible built in cheating the graphics arent goign to be updated witch makes me sad i honestly think they could do somthing in the style of crisis core for pc/consoles maybe not a direct remake but an hd game set in the ff7 world
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4867 || Posts : 282 || Thanks : 108 || Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts

Aperture Science we do what we want because we can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast