360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Odd file on pc, anyone recognize "pfsvoddata.bbv"
Register
    Array

Odd file on pc, anyone recognize "pfsvoddata.bbv"

hey peeps, i was wondering if anyone knows what the hell the file "pfsvoddata.bbv" is ?

just that i found it floating about my d drive taking up 1gb of space, and if seach it up on the internet i just get alot of chinese pop up :confused:
    would just like to know if it ok to delete it, hate things that i dont know what it is hanging about on my comp lol

i know it nothing to do with anything forum, xbox or modding related but its in general discussion so i hope thats okay :)
    thanks in advance for and help
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4929 || Posts : 63 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

" Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it "
    " The best mind-altering drug is truth "

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @
    The BBV file type is primarily associated with 'PPLive' by PPLive Inc.. PPLive is a peer-to-peer streaming video network created in Huazhong University of Science and Technology, People's Republic of China. It is part of a new generation of P2P applications, that combine P2P and Internet TV, called P2PTV. This file is generally named pfsvoddata.bbv and is created in the root folder of the active drive. The submitter reports that it is usually 1GB in size and likely created by the library file ppvod.dll.

Detailed information for file extension BBV:

Primary association: PPLive
    Company: PPLive Inc.
    Related links: Wikipedia PPLive Page
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9383 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Array
    cool thanks sephiroth, guess i shall just delete it then since it doesn't seem to be needed since its on the other drive of my other hard drive lol
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4929 || Posts : 63 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

" Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it "
    " The best mind-altering drug is truth "

Developer

Array
    here's a friendly tip :)

I haven't had not a SINGLE virus/maleware/spyware incident since I downloaded AVG 2011 along WITH Super Anti-Spyware.
    I have both installed on ALL of my PCs along with PCs I work on for others, and those two working side by side, never a single problem for me.

try giving those a shot. :) (for FUTURE needs)
    Last edited by slyfuldragon; 12-07-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5853 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    I wouldn't trust it. If it's a P2P index file and just sitting around in your drive's root, that means that anybody connected to that same file also has free access to everything in that drive. I assume it also means somebody who knows how can not just copy stuff from your drive, but also write stuff to it, for instance viruses. In short, people have access to any and all files on that drive (police too, just in case there's something you wouldn't want them to see) as well as can add wacky stuff to it to mess up your computer. It isn't essential, so my advice would be to get rid of it, as well as everything you can find associated with it. Good luck, friend. ^-^