360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
GDC: Batman Won't Lose Gear in Arkham City
Register
    VIP Member

Array

GDC: Batman Won't Lose Gear in Arkham City

Unlike most sequels, there's no reset button here. You pick up where Arkham Asylum left off.
    Last week IGN previewed Batman: Arkham City and revealed that the Dark Knight begins the game with almost all of his gear he had when we walked out of Arkham Asylum. It's common in games, even sequels, to show you the full potential of a character and then strip them of their power and gear. This way, you know what you're working towards. That's not the case with Batman: Arkham City.

Developer Rocksteady confirmed that it won't "reset" Batman in Arkham City. The Dark Knight comes in to the criminally controlled section of Gotham fully prepared for the challenge ahead. In the 18 months since the events of Arkham Asylum, Batman has altered his gear in anticipation of the task at hand. He's not about to leave his wonderful toys in his other utility belt.

So rest easy, Bat-fans. You enter Arkham City fully capable of stomping faces. And you'll keep those tools as you explore the city.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

GeNeTiiCs
    nice to know

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @
    yes i like the first game cant wait till this one comes out
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array
    I was planning on getting it anyway, but its still nice to know. I'm tired of only having the cool weapons/gadgets at the last quarter of the game and then not even having a new game+ option afterwards.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array
    Doesn't it make the game run the risk of becoming repetitive? Hard i know considering how i never grew tired of swinging those thugs from lamposts but now theres not really anyway to control your progress.
    At the same time it makes perfect sense, especially since the last time he ventured into one of his caves he never considered arming himself to the teeth until the last minute, a dumbshit move indeed.
    Overkill is always better than underkill.

News Reporter

Array
    The first one was a surprise hit, I'm looking forward to seeing this one in action. I hope they put something similar to the Riddler challenges in though, kept the first one going for another couple of hours after I finished it.

VIP Member

Array
    there are riddler challenges but not the riddler it was in an earlier issue of game informer. i think its clock work or someone like that.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts