360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dragon Age 2 hex editing CONFIRMED - Page 11
Register
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Array
    Damn, talk about smacking the nail to the wall cybersam is really on a hotstreak with this game I wish he was around when DA:O came along.

Nerox
    cyber thanks so much bro for doing this hard work

righi
    hi there

any chance I'll upload my save and you guys could have it modded for cash, lots of cash?

thx in advance

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by righi View Post
    hi there

any chance I'll upload my save and you guys could have it modded for cash, lots of cash?

thx in advance
    You can do it by your self, Cybersam created a little money editor. Its on page4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eLif For This Useful Post:

Array
    NOW WITH PICTURES

HERE IS A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL ON EDITING YOUR ATTRIBUTE & ABILITY POINTS
    (YOU HAVE TO HAVE UNSPENT POINTS & WORKS BETTER IF YOU ARE THE ONLY CHARACTER WITH AVAILABLE POINTS & U WON'T HAVE PROBLEMS IF YOU FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS)

1) Extract your save (for example "0x70ff0009_1_u!0")

2) Open save with Hex Workshop.

3) Now we search for your attribute & ability points. It's going to be float value...so at first level up you have 3 attribute points and 2 ability points. The 3 attribute points = 40400000 the 2 ability points = 40000000. NO MATTER WHAT THESE VALUES WILL HAVE FF FF IN FRONT OF THEM. Therefore when you search for 3 points it will be FFFF40400000. When you search for 2 points it will be FFFF40000000.

4) [IMG][/IMG]
    Your search will come up with a few results but this is how you know which one is correct. You will have your available attribute points immediately followed by your available ability points. EXAMPLE: 3 attribute points & 2 ability points looks like FFFF40400000002BFFFF40000000. No exceptions...Attributes followed immediately by ability.

5) Before we change the values, you have to know that attributes max at 100 (Strength,Magic,etc=100 max) so don't give yourself 1,000 attribute points. Give yourself like 450 attribute points max, this way you can max some stats and leave room for future level up points. As far as ability points, I did 10 points because certain ability have level restrictions.

6) [IMG][/IMG]
    Now we are going to change our 3 attribute points to 450 & 2 ability points to 10. It's float...so 450 = 43E10000 & 10 = 41200000. After you edit, it should look like FFFF43E10000002BFFFF41200000. Save the file.

7) [IMG][/IMG]
    Open the save with the Dragon Age 2 money editor (thanks cybersam) that is in this thread. Once open, just hit save and close the program. (I'm using this tool because when you save, it fixes the checksum for you)

8) Open the save with Xbox 360 Hash Block Calculator hit "Tools" then "Calculate Hash Blocks". I know most folks use Horizon, LeFluffie, Modio, etc...This is what works for me.

9) Place save back on your memory device and have fun...

ONCE AGAIN, THESE ARE THE STEPS THAT WORK FOR ME...(Don't 4get to hit thanks) Also thanks to cybersam for the program...
    Last edited by donkEpunch; 03-06-2011 at 12:26 AM.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to donkEpunch For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

righi
    freaking awesome!

now it's much easier for a full editor to come along

I'm terribly stupid at hex editing! thx for the findings and for sharing!

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by righi View Post
    freaking awesome!

now it's much easier for a full editor to come along

I'm terribly stupid at hex editing! thx for the findings and for sharing!

Anytime! I'm a total noob when it comes to making editors, but I'm pretty good at Hex editing. I made this tutorial because I really get sick of people giving vague answers. Do tutorials that the experienced and non-experienced can both understand...

Array
    Very nice find on attribute and ability hopefully this encourages rapid development for the editor.