360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] [Remake][PC/Xbox360] Dark Souls Save editor V3.0.7.0 - Page 90
Register
Page 90 of 313 FirstFirst ... 154065808586878889909192939495100115140165190 ... LastLast
    Inkweaver

Re: [Remake] Dark Souls Save editor V3.0.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by Conash View Post
    This is confirmed by me that the current update of this save editor DOES NOT, work with PC. The PC version of Dark Souls has a patch that is based on anti-cheats. To modify items, they have to be hex-edited. And using the save editor on PC will just corrupt your save file, even when you're changing stats or items.
    Does this mean there isn't a way around it for us PC users, or that it's only going to take some time and effort to get it to work

dauntless

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nukealizer View Post
    That sounds like your problem right there. Also, why are you using something other than Modio to put it back on the drive?
    i didnt use modio's built-in function to read my usb, but even when i did use it it still fails to load.

but I finally made it work! what i did was to transfer my save from my usb to my HDD and to use my HDD as my primary storage when playing and it works like a charm!

i dont know how it works but it does.

almost forgot! thanks to jappi and mr.nukealizer and all who made this editor! kudos to all of you!

aboody

Does this work online ?

Defa

Quote Originally Posted by aboody View Post
    Does this work online ?
    Yes, you can go online with all the edits you made.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Inkweaver View Post
    Does this mean there isn't a way around it for us PC users, or that it's only going to take some time and effort to get it to work
    There is a workaround, but it involves replacing a DLL and the inability to go online. The problem is that the Windows Live server keeps up to 10 backups of your save, and checks your current save against the backups that it has to ensure that nothing's been tampered with. If there were a way to modify the DLL so that it didn't compare on-disk saves to server backups, then the save editor would become completely useable.

(I tested this by both replacing my .bak files with copies of my edited save file and deleting my .bak files - the game downloaded the server-side ones when I started Dark Souls.)

Inkweaver

Quote Originally Posted by Revanchist View Post
    There is a workaround, but it involves replacing a DLL and the inability to go online. The problem is that the Windows Live server keeps up to 10 backups of your save, and checks your current save against the backups that it has to ensure that nothing's been tampered with. If there were a way to modify the DLL so that it didn't compare on-disk saves to server backups, then the save editor would become completely useable.

(I tested this by both replacing my .bak files with copies of my edited save file and deleting my .bak files - the game downloaded the server-side ones when I started Dark Souls.)
    It seems so odd that things are so much more difficult on the pc version. What that information tells me is that if someone went through the effort to get this save editor completely usable through that workaround, we pc users would not even be able to play online with the builds we make.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Revanchist View Post

Ok, I can understand that, but is there any way to play offline and keep your progress? If it lets you play offline and keep your progress, there is hope. It would be possible to make it think your edited save is a legit offline save.

Rhyleigh

Re: [Remake][PC/Xbox360] Dark Souls Save editor V3.0.7.0

Thanks a lot ^_^