360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Question about using an achievement unlocker
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

Question about using an achievement unlocker

How similar is using an achievement unlocker to gamesaving in terms of getting caught? Horizon has one and it even lets you unlock online achievements with a time stamp. Obviously common sense applys; not unlocking 50 achievements right away, but if I unlock a couple and space it out, is there a better chance of me getting caught just from using the unlocker?

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Question about using an achievement unlocker

simply don,t use it
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18421 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Serious_M For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Serious_M View Post
    simply don,t use it
    yup i agree, to me its not worth it getting banned
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

redboxman

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    How similar is using an achievement unlocker to gamesaving in terms of getting caught? Horizon has one and it even lets you unlock online achievements with a time stamp. Obviously common sense applys; not unlocking 50 achievements right away, but if I unlock a couple and space it out, is there a better chance of me getting caught just from using the unlocker?
    There are a lot of people that use them and dont get caught. Just use common sense and unlock achievements according to the time it would take to unlock them. If it is a grinding achievement unlock that last on the list. I would say ultimately dont use them because Im sure if you unlock a grind achievement and your game save doesnt support thta achievement being unlocked then it could lead to a ban.

Retired Staff

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    yup i agree, to me its not worth it getting banned
    Yup or if you don't get banned right away they reset your gamer score back to 0 then they ban you a few days after just to fuck with you.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15492 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

Like everyone has said, there is no point using the unlocker. I only used it once on an achievement that was glitched for me and every method I tried to get it to work failed and I was peeved with it, it was the only achievement I needed to finish the game and I had done all the necessary requirements for it numerous of times. Other than that I stay clear of them and play legit (minus the odd modding/game saving), I mean whats the point of showing off GS if you've not even earned it yourself!
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4593 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 42 Times in 11 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Klebo View Post
    I mean whats the point of showing off GS if you've not even earned it yourself!
    Very much agreed.

However, as for whether you'll get caught. Obviously, as you've said, common sense is a must. I'd never touch the online achievements because they have that info on their servers as well, so it's easy for MS to check for the legitimacy of things like that. But offline achievements, as long as you do it within reason, are alright. Just unlock them in order, and only a few at any given time (I would do 5-10 a week just to be sure), as well as stay offline for little while before signing in with a modded profile (just in case) and MS should be none the wiser. My old account has plenty of modded achievements and MS never found out (granted, it is perma-banned now, but not for modding).

Remember, just like real life, there's always a risk; how you perform dictates that risk. Be safe and you keep the risk to a minimum, act stupid and you might as well pogo with a loaded shotgun.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com