360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Beta] Minecraft XBLA Compression Library
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reverse Engineer

Array

Minecraft XBLA Compression Library

Due to the little time i can spend on development and research i decided to release this beta version of my Minecraft XBLA Compression Library.

This is a Library written in (unmanaged) C/C++ that can be used in your .NET (C# example available) applications to decompress and compress the compressed data from the savegame.

Make sure to give credits if used in your application.

Example (C#):
    Code:
    [DllImport("libminecraft.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
    public static extern uint decompress([Out] byte[] compressed_buffer, uint compressed_size, [In] byte[] decompressed_buffer, uint decompressed_size);
    public static extern uint compress([Out] byte[] decompressed_buffer, uint decompressed_size, [In] byte[] compressed_buffer, uint compressed_size);

void MyFunction()
    {
                UInt32 decompressed_size = <decompressed size>;
                byte[] decompressed_buffer = new byte[decompressed_size];

uint compressed_size = <compressed size>;
                uint result = decompress(compressed_buffer, compressed_size, decompressed_buffer, decompressed_size);

// result now contains the real decompressed size and decompressed_buffer contains the decompressed data.
    }
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5318 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fairchild For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Minecraft XBLA Compression Library

great work done as always fairchild :D
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Excellent work Fairchild :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15492 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

maskedstick

Thanks, this is amazing. Is there anyway we should know what the decompressed size is, or do we have to guess for now?

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by maskedstick View Post
    Thanks, this is amazing. Is there anyway we should know what the decompressed size is, or do we have to guess for now?
    The decompressed size is in the header, or you can simply guess and then trim the byte array after you decompressed using the real decompressed size.

I implemented this in NBTExplorer, but now i want to know which is the best map editor that is open source so that i can modify that to use xbox360 savegames. :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5318 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

maskedstick

Okay, I have a few questions. Assuming that for each chunk, the chunk data starts with decimal value 128 (that seems to be common to every chunk), how many bytes after that does the header take up (where does the actual compressed data start relative to the beginning of the chunk)? And am I supposed to be passing the whole chunk, including the header, to your methods? Or should I only be passing the compressed data?

Array

Damn dude. Good shit as always fairchild :3
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4716 || Posts : 117 || Thanks : 18 || Thanked 99 Times in 23 Posts

My signature won't fit. :(

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by maskedstick View Post
    Okay, I have a few questions. Assuming that for each chunk, the chunk data starts with decimal value 128 (that seems to be common to every chunk), how many bytes after that does the header take up (where does the actual compressed data start relative to the beginning of the chunk)? And am I supposed to be passing the whole chunk, including the header, to your methods? Or should I only be passing the compressed data?
    Ok, this is how the chunk headers looks like.

Code:
    Magic= 0x80, 0x00
    ChunkSize=<short / uint16>

Could be one of these two:
    DecompSize=<long / uint32>
    Or:
    Version=<short / uint16>
    DecompSize=<short / uint16>

CompressedData=starts with 0xFF...
    You should only send the compressed data in the compressed_buffer nothing else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast