360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Learning trumpet or saxophone for playing jazz?
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

high Learning trumpet or saxophone for playing jazz?

I'm good enough at drawing and visual art to be satisfied with it (for now) but I'm finding an extremely hard time trying to express my artistic emotions through pencil and paper alone. I'm very passionate about jazz and want to start playing my own. I know a smidgen of piano, but at this point I'm fumbling too much to really get good at it (self taught brings bad habits, you see), so I really want to get serious about something else. So, anybody with experience playing either, which should I go with and why? (Reasons like "it just sounds better" aside please. I like the sounds of both instruments the same, so my real issue is with learning difficulty/fun to play/price of instrument.)
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Rpg_Fan
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    I'm good enough at drawing and visual art to be satisfied with it (for now) but I'm finding an extremely hard time trying to express my artistic emotions through pencil and paper alone. I'm very passionate about jazz and want to start playing my own. I know a smidgen of piano, but at this point I'm fumbling too much to really get good at it (self taught brings bad habits, you see), so I really want to get serious about something else. So, anybody with experience playing either, which should I go with and why? (Reasons like "it just sounds better" aside please. I like the sounds of both instruments the same, so my real issue is with learning difficulty/fun to play/price of instrument.)
    Well i play jazz guitar about 5 years now and what i have heard from my band mates(both sax ant trumpet players) sax is harder to master although you can play more variational styles then trumpet. Trumpet on other hand is easier to master and easily fits with any jazz instrument. In the end it's entirely up to you. On sound aspect i say sax all the way ;D