360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] XCOM Enemy Unknown Compression Toolkit - Page 7
Register
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    QuasiMod

Re: XCOM Enemy Unknown Compression Toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
    Looks like youre trying to use my tool with a PC savegame, this wasn't supported until version 0.1.5 (still untested) but it's available in the first post for anyone to try out.
    Hi Firchild,

First pf all BIG thanks for making a tool for XBOX users, all the kudos in the world.
    Just here to report about PC support in 0.1.5: decompression seems to go just fine, but after recompression (without any changes) PC version of XCOM game does not load a file it says file is corrupted.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

P.S. Just hoped someone cracks file compression so to give a way for Save File Editor.

sukurudo

This is a great tool! Are there any Modding tuts out there?

Doctor_Hyde

Massive thanks to Fairchild for the excellent tool, but I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of hex editing.

I've found the values for: Rank, Psi Rank, etc. but trying to edit them screws with a lot of things in game... like characters having no head and re-setting abilities with no class... weird.

So yeah, if anyone has more knowledge of how/what to change, I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking to modify Psi Gift yes/no
    Aim
    Will
    Rank (so I can rank them up at the beginning or relatively early with abilities I find useful)
    Psi Rank (for same as above)

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Game Wizard View Post
    Cant seem to compress it back in ,do i do same steps for decompressing but instead of .d i use .c??
    You should use the filename of your original savegame that you decompressed from, the tool needs some data from it but don't worry the modified savegame will ba named ".rebuilt" and will not overwrite your original savegame.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5333 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMod View Post
    Hi Firchild,

First pf all BIG thanks for making a tool for XBOX users, all the kudos in the world.
    Just here to report about PC support in 0.1.5: decompression seems to go just fine, but after recompression (without any changes) PC version of XCOM game does not load a file it says file is corrupted.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

P.S. Just hoped someone cracks file compression so to give a way for Save File Editor.
    Hi, found additional security checks for the pc version, will update the tool and hopefully it's the last check.

Edit: I have now updated the toolkit to v0.1.6 and hopefully it will work now and thanks for testing it for me :-)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5333 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

QuasiMod

Quote Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
    Hi, found additional security checks for the pc version, will update the tool and hopefully it's the last check.

Edit: I have now updated the toolkit to v0.1.6 and hopefully it will work now and thanks for testing it for me :-)
    Hi Fairchild,

I've just tested 0.1.6 tool, sorry to bring bad news but I had no luck, now it displays (corrupted) before file name and no screenshot, loading is not possible.
    Just a note: after repacking your file is approx 100 Kb in size, while original was 170K. You probably use some more potent compression because unpacking it again gives byte to byte identical files (unpacked).

Thanks.
    Last edited by QuasiMod; 10-30-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMod View Post
    Hi Fairchild,

I've just tested 0.1.6 tool, sorry to bring bad news but I had no luck, now it displays (corrupted) before file name and no screenshot, loading is not possible.
    Just a note: after repacking your file is approx 100 Kb in size, while original was 170K. You probably use some more potent compression because unpacking it again gives byte to byte identical files (unpacked).

Thanks.
    I'll see if i can get the game somehow to be able to better test and see whats going wrong by debugging the game, perhaps some other checksum or who knows.

Yes, i use LZO Professional when i re-compress the savegame. Theres no compatibility issues between them so that should not be the issue. The reason for the larger savegames from the game itself is that they want to preserve memory and thus using a light compression (less memory usage and faster).

The fight will continue ;-)

Cheers!

Array

Thanks for the tool

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast