360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Halo 4: Unlock [ONLINE] all Loadout/Armory/Spartan-ID items - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    absurdlyobfuscated

Re: Halo 4: Unlock [ONLINE] all Loadout/Armory/Spartan-ID items

Thanks for the info, this was fantastically useful. But I'd just like to mention that you've got the flags rotated a couple bits, so the way you describe it two are from one item and three from an adjacent one. The first item in the series is in the lower 5 bits of the first 4 byte value, that is, 0x02CB bits 0-4 and what would be 01001 on the right end of the first 32-bit value. Item 2 is in bits 5-7 of 0x02CB, and then 0-1 of 0x02CA. And so forth.

Just wanted to mention that and that I've mapped out pretty much all of the individual offsets. Put together a spreadsheet of all of them, every armor item/loadout unlock/emblem/etc. and all the flags for each item. Hope someone finds this useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GtLQXc4WGZ5aEE
    ...took about forever.

ManBearPig_06

Quote Originally Posted by absurdlyobfuscated View Post
    The first item in the series is in the lower 5 bits of the first 4 byte value, that is, 0x02CB bits 0-4 and what would be 01001 on the right end of the first 32-bit value. Item 2 is in bits 5-7 of 0x02CB, and then 0-1 of 0x02CA. And so forth.
    I think I just explained it weird since I did a bunch of bit/byte flipping before getting there, but I do start with the lower 5 bits, but once flipped to look like bit mask flags they become the first 5 in reverse order (so that 0, 1, 2, etc. go from left to right like in a bitmask, whereas normally counting the bits goes from right to left).

My final table matches how I described the order, and they seem to unlock everything (unlocks everything the xex unlock mod did, at any rate), so I feel like I got it pretty much right (and doing it this way let me make sense of why things like the FOTUS set appeared to be separated, when they really were not).

Wonderful work on the tool, that must have taken you ages to go through each table entry individually. If I can, may I suggest adding a 'Purchase' option for loadout items that cost SP, as some people who are lvl 50 and up have earned enough SP to make it go to 0, rather than be negative, which was the only reason I 'unlocked' them instead. I think you'd need to set the other item flags to 0 when you set the purchase flag, but I can't remember.

Again, great work on the tool, and I hope you won't mind if I link it in the OP.
    Last edited by ManBearPig_06; 12-21-2012 at 01:08 AM.

ddxcb

YODO, and great work everyone :P

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

nice work on this tut ManBearPig_06
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18478 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

absurdlyobfuscated

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig_06 View Post
    I think I just explained it weird
    Yeah, that. Lol.

I think trying the 'purchased' flag by itself was the one thing I didn't do when testing this out. Going to have to try that and add it to XXSE.

And since you mentioned it, no, I don't mind one bit if you link to my editor. The more people who find it and use it, the better.

ManBearPig_06

Quote Originally Posted by absurdlyobfuscated View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig_06
    I think I just explained it weird
    Yeah, that. Lol.
    Figured it out, I had accidentally swapped byte order in my hex editor while selecting a mask, when I wrote down that explanation. So while I had done it with the correct order in the first place, I wrote it down again entirely wrong (and not even in the right order). Whoops. Bet that confused a few people.

(ie. it turns
    into
    and I just glanced at it....pretty fail on my part. )
    Last edited by ManBearPig_06; 12-23-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Newtype

Worked perfectly, explained amazingly!
    People underestimate how useful a well-written tutorial can be, thanks for the gear. <3

smokozuna

awesome work guys, you 2 are incredible!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678