360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] WWE13 Texture Tool - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Developer

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: WWE13 Texture Tool

Well, I've looked through all my code and there isn't really anything else I can try to fix it. Sorry, but I'm done trying to fix the problems people are having. Any future updates will just be adding features, if I can even think of any features to add, because the program does everything needed.

peter_from_poland

How do you have a computer operating system?

GreenArcher

Quote Originally Posted by brienj View Post
    What the hell kind of theme is that? Are you running it on a Mac with the bootcamp or whatever it is called, because it won't ever work on that. Also, did you try running it as an admin, try running it on the desktop, try running it in the documents folder, and if none of those work, try running it as a different user, or turn of UAC in Windows 7.

So people know why the program may possibly need admin privileges, it's because the program accesses its dll files in a virtual environment, which relates to the application directory, as well as saves a physical temp.dds file in the same directory, which it uses to convert to a picture that the program can display in the picture box. So if you run it under an account that doesn't actually have access to the application directory, the program won't work.

Seeing that your message box is not showing the program icon, this may be an error that I read about, which describes a problem with showing the icon on older versions of Windows on the Windows Form, but I double checked and the maximum size of the icon is 64 x 64, so it SHOULDN'T be causing that error. I believe you said you had Windows 7, so not sure if that is the problem anyway, but it came up in my search for the possible problem, and the exception problem that could not be handled error that you have. By chance, looking at your theme, does your theme not show Windows Form icons? If so, pick another theme that actually shows them. ;)

Another problem I just thought about, is that you have to actually be logged in as some user on your Windows. You can not just be logged in as a guest, as the program would never work properly in that environment, because the guest account wouldn't have access to the AppData folder where it spawns the virtual environment executables. ;)
    I'm not using bootcamp. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Placebo theme.

I'm still getting the same error even after Hotfix. It's really odd, as I've never had any problem with your old tools. I also tried it with another laptop with windows XP, but still with no luck.

Can anyone who has the tool running, post their OS specs? Maybe it could help.

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    I'm not using bootcamp. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Placebo theme.

I'm still getting the same error even after Hotfix. It's really odd, as I've never had any problem with your old tools. I also tried it with another laptop with windows XP, but still with no luck.

Can anyone who has the tool running, post their OS specs? Maybe it could help.
    The program doesn't actually connect to anything over the network until you hit the connect button, but by chance, are you sure the program isn't being blocked by a firewall or your anti-virus program isn't to blame? I'm sure the chances of each of your two computers having the same anti-virus and firewall settings is pretty slim, but that's always the first things to check. Also, I remember having problems in one of my earlier programs working with non-English versions of Windows. I don't remember what it was for, or how I fixed it though, and not even sure if that could be the cause, but a lot of people posting error screenshots are using non-English versions of Windows. Unless people can verify it works on some non-English version, I can't verify it will work, nor can I guarantee it will work. Also, make sure they are real versions of Windows, and not running in a virtual environment of some kind, as I can't guarantee that will work either.

zainzombie

For that failure, it is usually a result of never having .NET 3.5 installed on your computer. You may have the newest .NET, which is 4.0, but you did not get to .NET 4.0 from updating, you never had .NET 3.5 ever installed. I have no idea why it would be giving that error though, considering my application only needs .NET 2.0 at the minimum, and it's now installed virtually in the program.

Try this, and let me know if it works. Uninstall all versions of .NET, remember which ones you have, and go to Microsoft to get the downloads to replace them all if you want. Then first thing first. Install THIS version of .NET 3.5 on your computer -
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

Don't worry, that is a download link direct from Microsoft, so it's clean. It's a version of .NET 3.5, and after installing it, then see if the program works. If so, I'll have to figure out why the hell the program is trying to get something from .NET 3.5 when it shouldn't be. Anyway, just let me know, and then if that works, you can go ahead and go to Windows Update and update your .NET through that, or find the .NET 4.0 download and install it.

It could also be your Anti-Virus program keeping it from working. I swear my own Anti-Virus will sometimes flag some of my builds, and I obviously know it's not infected, so I lower the amount of obfuscation some when compiling the program, which usually fixes the problem. But try disabling your Anti-Virus, or placing the program in an exception list.
    I have .Net framework 1.1, 3.5 SP1, and 4 installed. I will remove and re-install 3.5 and 4.0 later. Thanks for a reply though.

Hacker-T

Array

Doesn't works for me 2 - Installed the newest MS .NET, using win 7 64BIT, strange ...
    looks like you have to do something for all the failures.
    Just wanted to see how it looks like cuz i couldn't use it (Don't got Devkit etc.)
    But anyways nice work ^^

Quote Originally Posted by WantedDeadorAlive View Post
    I find it hilarious how you claimed you weren't going to release any tools at all for '13
    LMAO
    Last edited by Hacker-T; 12-01-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5814 || Posts : 736 || Thanks : 653 || Thanked 3,561 Times in 269 Posts

WWE'13 Savegame Editor V1.8 by Hacker-T =) *CLICK HERE*
    WWE'13 - All DLC Packs *CLICK HERE*

!!!CESARO RULES FTW!!!

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker-T View Post
    looks like you have to do something for all the failures.
    Not really, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, too bad. Considering you have problems with it too, it's looking like it's that issue with non-English versions of Windows, or it could be 64bit Windows, although I never had problems with 64bit Windows with any of my other programs that I compile the same way. I don't have to provide support for my tools though, or make them work for people that have issues. I'm not a company collecting money from customers and having to fix any problems you have. I'm just providing a free program for people to use, if it doesn't work, it's not my problem really.

Edit: Actually, I just found out the problem and it's related to people with 64bit Windows. I am going to try and fix it,

Hacker-T

Array

Not really, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, too bad. Considering you have problems with it too, it's looking like it's that issue with non-English versions of Windows, or it could be 64bit Windows, although I never had problems with 64bit Windows with any of my other programs that I compile the same way. I don't have to provide support for my tools though, or make them work for people that have issues. I'm not a company collecting money from customers and having to fix any problems you have. I'm just providing a free program for people to use, if it doesn't work, it's not my problem really.
    This kind of Error message is new for me too, dnt kno.
    I don't think about the non-version of windows, it could has something to do with ur debugging settings.

How ever... You are the developer so its your choice if u wanna help or not!

Update: V1.2 : Still same for me - This time another message where he searches for a solution and then after 1-2 secs it closes itself.
    Last edited by Hacker-T; 12-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5814 || Posts : 736 || Thanks : 653 || Thanked 3,561 Times in 269 Posts

WWE'13 Savegame Editor V1.8 by Hacker-T =) *CLICK HERE*
    WWE'13 - All DLC Packs *CLICK HERE*

!!!CESARO RULES FTW!!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast