360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Mass Effect 1
Register

Thread: Mass Effect 1

manawild

Mass Effect 1

I am having trouble modding my save in Mass Effect 1.

I just bought the Trilogy and realized I couldn't find a save editor except one for the PC.

The save file is a .sav and the only converters from 360 > PC and vice versa works with a .xbsav file.

Any help and time spend would be appreciated.

Array

Re: Mass Effect 1

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GDRDRDG For This Useful Post:

manawild

Thank you for the quick response, looks like I'm re-learning Hex Editing. Teach a man to fish and all that.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

If you aren't using it already, download Horizon. Open your file with the package manager, click the contents tab, and you should see the .xbsav file you're looking for.

Assuming you already have ME1 for the PC, it's a little less tedious than hex editing the save file (probably a little easier too). You know, assuming you already have ME1 on the PC. Because otherwise it's just more money to buy the same game for a different platform, then more time spent installing the game; in the end, if you DON'T have ME1 on your PC, it's just faster to hex the 360 save.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    If you aren't using it already, download Horizon. Open your file with the package manager, click the contents tab, and you should see the .xbsav file you're looking for.

Assuming you already have ME1 for the PC, it's a little less tedious than hex editing the save file (probably a little easier too). You know, assuming you already have ME1 on the PC. Because otherwise it's just more money to buy the same game for a different platform, then more time spent installing the game; in the end, if you DON'T have ME1 on your PC, it's just faster to hex the 360 save.
    Very useful info 'Emerald Lance', but where I can find a ME1 editor, please?

Thank you!

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by aquiladacciaio View Post
    Very useful info 'Emerald Lance', but where I can find a ME1 editor, please?

Thank you!
    Unfortunately, there isn't one. The only way to edit your save is to manually edit the actual hex values. The video above is your best bet, and it's what I use when I want to edit ME1.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com