I know we have some DBZ fans here, maybe one of you can help me out. I know the Remastered version has that hideously ugly cropping and Dragon Box doesn't, but are there any other differences in the video?

Let's say I had an episode taken from Dragon Box and saved as .mkv format, and I also had the audio data from that same episode from Remastered. Would it be possible to superimpose the Remastered audio with the Dragon Box video?

The reason I ask is because I'm collecting all the Dragon Boxes. I don't mind the original Japanese music, but I grew up on Bruce Faulconer and think his music suits the anime better. I have a friend who owns some of the Remastered DVDs and I watched a few episodes with him; normally I wouldn't mind a little bit of minor cropping as long as it isn't noticeable, but holy crap the Remastered is ugly as sin! So I plan to rip my Dragon Box episodes and replace the audio with the Remastered audio, then tie it all up in nice and pretty .mkv files. Other than the cropping (and the "last time on Dragonball Z" segments) is there any difference between the videos of Dragon Box and Remastered?